Concept: Monster RL

Water blaster concepts and dream designs for water guns and related equipment.
martianshark

Concept: Monster RL

Post by martianshark » Wed Apr 21, 2010 9:00 pm

It would be cool if there was a water gun bigger and more powerful than the Monster XL. So I made the Moster Rediculously Large.

I wish I knew how to use Photoshop, but I guess Paint will do. :cps3000:

Note: I forgot to mention that the bladders are CPS 2000 bladders. Also, the back can be used as a stock.
CA99 wrote:It's funny because you can get 5 water bottles and a pencil for much less than $90.

HBWW
WWN League Team: Havoc

Re: Concept: Monster RL

Post by HBWW » Wed Apr 21, 2010 9:43 pm

I started typing about how one big bladder would be better than four smaller ones, but after I saw the four triggers, I just gave up...

Really though, this thing looks more impractical than the HydroBlitz and more combersome than dual wielding Monster XL's while carrying dual CPS 3200's as your secondaries. A strap is honestly not going to make this gun any less impractical than it already is. All the materials wasted on building a water gun like this can go to building four GOOD water blasters plus a decent hose powered sidearm. Seriously though, what the heck are you going to do with four triggers?

Personally, I don't see anything cool in an oversized, ridiculously impractical and unergonomical water gun design that's not actually going to give you more waterpower. This design wouldn't even work well as a stationary gun given the numerous better options available for those.

Nonetheless, that's just my opinion of it (coupled with 5 years of water warring and weaponry building experience), but to each his own.
HydroBrawl Water Warfare

Discord: m0useCat

martianshark

Post by martianshark » Wed Apr 21, 2010 9:47 pm

I know it's mostly impractical. I just made this for fun. That's why it's called the Monster RL.

Did I mention it has CPS 2000 bladders? I have a feeling that would make it at least better than a HydroBlitz or Monster XL.

By the way, it wasn't mentioned here or in the Pulse Master 2 how the heck the triggers are connected to a wire to a pull valve. It would probably have to work electricly, making it even more impractical.
CA99 wrote:It's funny because you can get 5 water bottles and a pencil for much less than $90.

isoaker

Post by isoaker » Thu Apr 22, 2010 7:15 am

I like it! It's huge! Ridiculous! But if it were possible, I know I'd have a lot of fun using something like this!

Definitely not something to lug around, but mounted for base defense assuming ranges were 50'-60', I could see some fun times! I see the strap not really for trying to run-and-gun, but rather to just help lug this thing around when moving it to another location. It'd had better have a good pump system, though, to fill 4 chambers otherwise a user would probably give up pumping the thing when away from a QFD! :goofy:

As for the Pulse Master 2, there is actually a way that the two triggers would move independently each attached to a separate trigger rod to their respective nozzle ball valves. It would require a little creativity with internal trigger design that may make parts a little more fragile, but it could be theoretically done. No electricity needed. :goofy:

:cool:
:: Leave NO one dry! :: iSoaker.com .:

HBWW

Post by HBWW » Thu Apr 22, 2010 7:15 pm

I'd rather have a stationary gun with a large bladder, water tank, and nozzle. (Given a hose is unavailable) Dealing with one trigger/nozzle is enough trouble and it's not like you're going to be able to attack four targets at a time with four nozzles anyway. Also, bladders can only have so much power before pumping becomes impractically difficult. The CPS 2000 more or less goes close to there but you'd do much better with one large bladder as powerful as the CPS 2000's than with four smaller ones since the large one is much more space/capacity efficient and takes less resources to build. (And obviously, you're not going to increase the pressure by having more bladders.)

Put with the four triggers, I don't see this gun being any fun to use other than screwing around firing between the nozzles for the heck of it.
HydroBrawl Water Warfare

isoaker

Post by isoaker » Fri Apr 23, 2010 9:47 am

Four independent triggers and nozzles means you can have the different nozzles set to different settings to deal with different situations faster than trying to switch nozzles on a single selector. While this design is a little excessive :goofy:, I could imagine having the upper two set on streams for more distant target soaking and the bottom two set on some type of riot-blast in case someone breaks through and gets closers. In terms of power, who said that each of those chambers couldn't be using a CPS2000-type chamber? Sure, can't attack four people at once, but can swivel to unleash different types of streams in different directions much more readily if you're used to the 4 trigger system. Of course, 4 triggers means that one's ring finger and pinky may need to pull on the bottom two and that could make it hard to actually do. Then again, this is a section for concepts and dreams so heck, why not?!

ncog

Post by ncog » Fri Apr 23, 2010 10:15 pm

Not everything has to be strictly practical CA, as martian said it's just a fun design....Sure, if he'd posted this as an idea for a homemade soaker then such criticism is justified but as isoaker has already said. this is simply a section for concepts and dreams, irrespective of how impractical they are.

Of course giving your opinion is absolutely fine, but I do think you should relent a bit when being so harsh on something that's simply a fun concept. What does it say to other members thinking about posting fun concepts if you shoot them down with a wave of practical concerns?

Bottom line, don't be a fun-sponge :P

As for the design, I think it's cool....something like that would certainly be a sight to behold and the 4-trigger system would introduce more "skill" into water warfare. An idea could be to give it two handles, one behind the other...each handle could have two triggers, meaning the user could let the tripod hold the front weight and aim it easier by holding it more like a machine gun (whilst making it easier to shoot by reducing the amount of triggers on each handle). Then, if the user needed to pump, they could let go of one of the handles and use the free hand to pump, meaning that they still are able to shoot from two of the nozzles if needed. Since it has a QFD port, pumping should be less of a concern; just try to maximize QFD use to reduce the need to pump so often. Obviously it would be used in a stationary position, with a few tweaks I'm sure it could function as a heavy mobile soaker in a similar league to the MXL or CPS 3200.

HBWW

Post by HBWW » Sat Apr 24, 2010 2:08 am

Situations where one would have to be able to switch nozzles instantly are rare at best but even so, two triggers would be enough for that purpose; four triggers make for awkward and possibly unsecure gripping. As for the PC's, I made no assumptions on how powerful they could be, only that one would be better than four.

Last thing I should mention is the "one good stream is better than two lesser streams" idea that has been integral to water gun design concepts. Having two or four streams fire at once means more pumping is required. You do get the advantage of double the output and better spread, but the expense is much more significant; range and accuracy is lost.

I simply see this idea as nothing more than another gimmick and am treating it as such, though it's certainly not as Hasbro-esque given how expensive it would be to implement.

That said, this design can indeed work mechanically. More space in the handle will be needed to get the triggers onto wires to pull their corresponding valves but it's possible. I'll give credit to the fact that this design is actually physically possible with current technology, but that's pretty much where it ends.
HydroBrawl Water Warfare

Fishfan

Post by Fishfan » Tue Dec 04, 2012 4:52 pm

If I were to use this, I would have it a little different. First, it would be connected to a large source of water (Large water tank, lake, spring, etc.), which means no onboard res. It would be a two man blaster, with one person that has a bike pump-like thing (only it pumps water) with an electronic pressure gauge, so he would know when to stop pumping. The second person would have two side-by-side handles, each with two triggers. I would use the top two pressure chambers for long range soaking, and the two below would be short range, but high output to get them soaked before they get past. I think the reason for two pressure chambers is so that if one runs low, you still have another pressure chamber still full. (This would rarely happen, only if someone is messing with the guy who is doing the pumping, and he has to chase him off.)

I wouldn't bother with a QFD, because if there was a hose around, I would rather use the hose for this job.

Also, instead of CPS 2000 bladders, I would use double-layer(Or triple-layer if you want to go that far) LRT, each 1 ft long. That would give it incredible shot time, and with dual chambers, you would have a lot of water to unleash.

And CA99, you could have a coupling device to make it one stream, if you'd like. Would give it a very high boost in range. A MXL that was modded to have 1 nozzle selector instead of two got 50ft range, no colossus-ing.

I know this is a really old topic, but I thought it was interesting and thought of some ways to make it better. (I have been thinking about this for a while)

isoaker

Post by isoaker » Wed Dec 05, 2012 9:08 am

Fishfan wrote:I know this is a really old topic, but I thought it was interesting and thought of some ways to make it better. (I have been thinking about this for a while)
You should never be ashamed of reviving an old topic if you have new, useful/interesting info to add. If we really didn't want people to post in old thread, we could lock them down.

That said, while I'd love to see a Monster RL, IRL, the current market really doesn't support its creation.

Fishfan

Post by Fishfan » Wed Dec 05, 2012 10:36 am

Not exactly ashamed, I saw Marauder correct soakinader on the other post.
I must say, I'd have a lot of fun with this thing.

soakinader

Post by soakinader » Fri Dec 07, 2012 4:09 am

Hey hey, there was no "correction" involved, I was having fun, and Marauder was all like "Srsly?".

I have got to say, on the "Ridiculous" scale, this gun is pretty good. However, I really like the concept of being able to fire two different types of streams independantly and simultaneously.
My friends call me Nader. My foes just run.
Photos relocated to: https://www.flickr.com/photos/151868511 ... 8741427445
I find 'em, I fix 'em.