Want better water blasters? Wish here!

Water blaster concepts and dream designs for water guns and related equipment.
marauder
WWN League Team: Havoc

Re: Want better water blasters? Wish here!

Post by marauder » Wed Jan 30, 2013 10:20 am

That's a great idea actually. Having a waterballoon storeage compartment and field filler would be very useful.
https://hydrowar.wordpress.com/
SEAL wrote:If you ain't bloody and muddy by the end of the day, you went to a Nerf war.

isoaker

Post by isoaker » Wed Jan 30, 2013 10:33 am

marauder wrote:That's a great idea actually. Having a waterballoon storeage compartment and field filler would be very useful.
Buzz Bee Toys used to make a portable pressurized water balloon filler, but then opted to get out of the latex-balloon-related business.

:cool:
:: Leave NO one dry! :: iSoaker.com .:

Neptune

Post by Neptune » Wed Jan 30, 2013 10:39 am

I saw that, but it's much easier to carry a blaster on a strap than something that large, plus you have to unscrew the top if you want to keep balloons in there. Also dual action still pumps a tad faster. I do like those things though, almost bought an off brand one last year.
I've got 110 problems but a <Nice lady> Ain't one

isoaker

Post by isoaker » Wed Jan 30, 2013 10:44 am

Neptune wrote:I saw that, but it's much easier to carry a blaster on a strap than something that large, plus you have to unscrew the top if you want to keep balloons in there. Also dual action still pumps a tad faster. I do like those things though, almost bought an off brand one last year.
I agree about the dual-action pump being better for filling balloons. As for carrying them around, the one from Buzz Bee Toys only really had a open-type dish for the balloons (not great for carrying) and, 'tis true, it's easier to just carry a blaster around that can also be used as a balloon filler.

:cool:
:: Leave NO one dry! :: iSoaker.com .:

Ox-11

Post by Ox-11 » Mon Apr 01, 2013 2:48 pm

I want someone to come out with a pre-charging AP.
That would work by two pump chambers: one for air and one for water with the air one have 9x as much volume as the water one does. If it can be the size of a colossus, then....( hehehehe) :soaked: :cps2500:
Last edited by Ox-11 on Mon Apr 01, 2013 4:02 pm, edited 3 times in total.
I can't have a rivalry when my best gun is the Colossus, so don't ask; I can't.

the oncoming storm

Post by the oncoming storm » Mon Apr 01, 2013 3:30 pm

If you ever bother reading these, I worry for your mental sanity. :oo:

nerfman300

Post by nerfman300 » Mon Apr 08, 2013 11:42 am

i want a CPS 2700 with a tracked pump, a 20X nozzle and better durability.

HBWW

Post by HBWW » Mon Apr 08, 2013 12:56 pm

@neptune: PR is not required to fill water balloons; any blaster can do it. It requires a correctly shaped nozzle, obviously, but that's it. The unfilled balloon storage compartment is not a bad idea though; saves pocket space. I'd still opt to use pockets so I can switch blasters without loosing the balloons, although at the same time I also wish that every single blaster made had an appropriately shaped nozzle for balloon filling. (Have to mod that in, unfortunately, or carry a balloon pumper.)

So with that said, I'd like BBT to look at using nozzles for water balloon filling. The current nozzles should be correct/usable for filling balloons, but perhaps it could be optimized. Plus, it's a selling point for the blaster that theoretically doesn't really cost anything to implement. (Well, you have to change the molds to optimize the nozzle design, but it doesn't cost more in terms of materials.) Think about it: being able to say "Also fills water balloons." on the the box, accompanied with the picture. I'm sure the marketing team could figure something out with that.

Now, I'm still really not a fan of having intake tubes in air pressure chambers, although that topic's been beaten to death already and BBT might have improved intake on the Colossus 2 without me knowing.

Pumps. Still need to try out the Python 2 / Colossus 2 pumps, but other than that, my favorite pump designs are currently those on the Vindicator and XP 150/SS 300. The idea is that you want the pumping hand to be able to support the blaster at the same time, which the first Colossus had slight issues with.
HydroBrawl Water Warfare

Discord: m0useCat

WaterDragonMissle

Post by WaterDragonMissle » Tue Jul 31, 2018 1:55 pm

I wish for all water gun manufacturers to stop using glue on nozzles/pumps.