CPS 2000 Custom Paint Pictures

For questions, articles, and discussions regarding water blaster modifications.
torrespi

CPS 2000 Custom Paint Pictures

Post by torrespi » Mon Jun 30, 2014 5:49 pm

Like to see some pictures if the CPS 2000 MK1 or MK2 Pictures that have been painted or have a custom Paint job.

I sent mine to Nelson Rivera who did a special custom paint job ..he's well known in the Nerf community for his guns and mine is no exception!!!! :cool:
Attachments
CPS 2000 MK2 Custom paint job by Nelson Rivera for Sal Torres Pic 4
CPS 2000 MK2 Custom paint job by Nelson Rivera for Sal Torres Pic 4
CPS 2000 MK2 Custom paint job by Nelson Rivera for Sal Torres Pic 4.jpg (243.8 KiB) Viewed 9279 times
CPS 2000 MK2 Custom paint job by Nelson Rivera for Sal Torres Pic 3
CPS 2000 MK2 Custom paint job by Nelson Rivera for Sal Torres Pic 3
CPS 2000 MK2 Custom paint job by Nelson Rivera for Sal Torres Pic 2.jpg (172.22 KiB) Viewed 9280 times
CPS 2000 MK2 Custom paint job ny Nelson Rivera for Sal Torres
CPS 2000 MK2 Custom paint job ny Nelson Rivera for Sal Torres
CPS 2000 MK2 Custom paint job ny Nelson Rivera for Sal Torres.jpg (167.26 KiB) Viewed 9282 times
CPS 200 MK2 Salvadopre Torres Pic 1
CPS 200 MK2 Salvadopre Torres Pic 1
1A.jpg (246.47 KiB) Viewed 9283 times
Last edited by torrespi on Mon Jun 30, 2014 8:13 pm, edited 5 times in total.

the oncoming storm
WWN League Team: Havoc

Re: CPS 2000 Custom Paint Pictures

Post by the oncoming storm » Mon Jun 30, 2014 6:21 pm

just post it already, what's the point of just telling us when you could just show us.
If you ever bother reading these, I worry for your mental sanity. :oo:

torrespi

!

Post by torrespi » Mon Jun 30, 2014 7:54 pm

there you go bro .... Lets see yours !

torrespi

Post by torrespi » Mon Jun 30, 2014 8:19 pm

I am a 54 year old United States Marine Vetetran who going to use this and some PVC homemade to the below stated Wet parade !!!

4th of July Celebration

Annual Wet Parade and Festivities

Make a splash!

FireTruckParade.JPGSince the 1970's the Pueblo West Metropolitan District has celebrated Independence Day with a splash! What began as typical hot July morning, as Fire Chief Jack Fowler sprayed a crowd of sweaty spectators with a fire hose along the parade route, has now turned into the largest wet parade and water fight west of the Mississippi.

DiveBoatParade.JPGEach Independence Day the parade route along Joe Martinez Boulevard is transformed into a winding stream of blasting water cannons and squirt guns. Those brave enough to participate in the battle park along the route early in the morning. The beds of pick-ups are transformed into holding tanks, containing hundreds of gallons of water - easy access for quick reloads - and plenty of ammunition for the duration of the parade.

torrespi

Post by torrespi » Mon Jun 30, 2014 8:50 pm

Some more pics
Attachments
Pic 8 CPS 2000 Torres.jpg
Pic 8 CPS 2000 Torres.jpg (243.8 KiB) Viewed 9275 times
CPS 2000 MK2 Custom paint job by Nelson Rivera for Sal Torres Pic 4.jpg
CPS 2000 MK2 Custom paint job by Nelson Rivera for Sal Torres Pic 4.jpg (243.8 KiB) Viewed 9275 times
CPS 2000 # 7 Salvadore Torres.jpg
CPS 2000 # 7 Salvadore Torres.jpg (245.53 KiB) Viewed 9275 times
CPS 2000 MK@ Pioc 6.jpg
CPS 2000 MK@ Pioc 6.jpg (244.04 KiB) Viewed 9275 times
CPS 2000 MK@ Pioc 6.jpg (244.04 KiB) Viewed 9275 times

torrespi

Post by torrespi » Mon Jun 30, 2014 8:53 pm

Here is pictures of My friends ..LTC John Saenz US Army and Medal of Honor Drew Dix US Army and myself, USMC Cpl Salvadore Torres...we all are combat vets!!! The real deal..

The U.S Marines love guns ...including Super Soaker ...Peace !
Attachments
Us Marine Pic with MOH.jpg
Us Marine Pic with MOH.jpg (128.37 KiB) Viewed 9273 times

HBWW

Post by HBWW » Tue Jul 01, 2014 11:36 am

Slick paint work! We don't see good paint jobs often here, so that's a nice addition to have.

One of our active members (marauder) is currently in Missouri; perhaps he could make it there for the event. Not sure about others.

We also have our own events at varying times of the year: the community water wars. Our next or should be posted soon in the water wars forum.
HydroBrawl Water Warfare

Discord: m0useCat

torrespi

Post by torrespi » Tue Jul 01, 2014 10:36 pm

Cool bro ...... I added some silver metallic skulls with crossed bones on the back end of the resevior .

Will post some pics the day of the wet parade and share with all of you ok

torrespi

Post by torrespi » Wed Jul 02, 2014 12:55 am

My name is Salvadore Torres . This is my CSP 2000 MK2 Model customized.

I am prior USMC and like my blasters looking realistic and military style ..and I do agree to the warning of the risks for this type of paint job. as to be careful as it may be mistaken for a real gun. I use mine only at water wars fights and when it is accepted and allowed .

The art custom paint job was commissioned to artist Nelson Rivera who is well know in the Nerf and props community. He is and is one of the best in the industry and I have not seen any better so far in my searches for pictures and paint jobs..not saying there are none...but be nice to see them for the CSP 2000 or other water pistols or rifles models.
Attachments
image.jpg
image.jpg (212.29 KiB) Viewed 9247 times
image.jpg
image.jpg (228.04 KiB) Viewed 9247 times
image.jpg
image.jpg (196.57 KiB) Viewed 9247 times
image.jpg
image.jpg (201.87 KiB) Viewed 9247 times

the oncoming storm

Post by the oncoming storm » Wed Jul 02, 2014 6:37 am

personally I would not paint a CPS 2000, with that alone you lowered the resale value because most are sold to collectors, furthermore despite all that raw drenching power the low field life of the CPS 2000 means that I (like almost everyone else on here) would rather reach for a CPS 1200 than a 2k in a soakfest.
If you ever bother reading these, I worry for your mental sanity. :oo:

isoaker

Post by isoaker » Wed Jul 02, 2014 9:45 am

These pictures of the repainted CPS 2000 are awesome! Really nicely done...

@the oncoming storm: who cares about resale value? If you love your water blaster, thinking about how much you'd get for reselling it never even crosses one's mind.

Back to topic: it'd be sweet were stock water blasters able to be colored and detailed to that level, but beyond some of the safety guidelines (and legal requirements for some places), it'd add significantly to cost of production. These colors really enhance the details of the CPS 2000's mold. As far as I can tell, only paint has been applied and no other additions (or removals except for the lack of the strap) were done to this blaster.

Thanks for sharing!

:cool:
:: Leave NO one dry! :: iSoaker.com .:

torrespi

Post by torrespi » Wed Jul 02, 2014 3:06 pm

Your right Isoaker ..the paint is the only mod ...but the art and paint is done by Nelson Rivera and he is the man who paints nerf and other guns ..he well known and hes not cheap ..

All items are valued is what the collectors is looking for and have different classifications .... so to say the original value vs. a custom job which movies props and tv use is different values and worth ..there is no absolute guidelines ..I am a collector of many different items ...

torrespi

Post by torrespi » Wed Jul 02, 2014 3:11 pm

In regards to paint ..if it gets dinged ..just apply a paint touch up ..personally ..I like that war look and you have to have battle marks on your guns to make it realistic..I did in the marines.. My rifle was not perfect in combat so why should it be in blasters ..... each to his own and I respect all ...;)

DX

Post by DX » Wed Jul 02, 2014 3:15 pm

Generally speaking, most water gun collectors want stock guns in as close to original condition as possible. Nerfers tend to pay huge premiums for paintjobs, but the collectors on Ebay going after CPS aren't touching paint. This is why many of us use camo cloth covers for our valuable soakers, so we can use them effectively in wars, but if we one day decide to sell, the stock condition is preserved. I wouldn't say that it's a waste of money if you like it, but in terms of dollar value, stock is what collectors here value highest.

Please keep the CPS 2000 pictures to this thread. You don't have to post the same thing in every old paintjob thread because we've already seen them. It's great work, but reposting identical content is frowned upon just about everywhere. Nerfers freak out about identical content even when it's a NMW - NMM cross group post.
marauder wrote:You have to explain things in terms that kids will understand, like videogames^ That's how I got Sam to stop using piston pumpers

torrespi

Post by torrespi » Wed Jul 02, 2014 3:28 pm

Ok ..I am a newbee to this and I respect that and will do ..Peace [banana]

HBWW

Post by HBWW » Wed Jul 02, 2014 9:12 pm

My take on that is to paint away all you want. The paintjobs are of high quality, people enjoy it, and all that really matters is that the blaster functions. The paint can get damaged in combat, but that's just cosmetics, which can be retouched. In fact, I'd say a paintjob like that has a good chance of hitting higher bids on eBay. And even if it's not the ideal appearance for woods games, it looks badass regardless and blaster color.

But then again, I never cared that much for the collecting aspect of water blasters.

To be honest, I don't think this thread got quite the welcome it should have. You almost NEVER see ANY paintjobs like this on a CPS, ever. This is a rare piece, and functions every bit as well in battle as any collector's "must-be-stock-colors" CPS 2000. I see nothing meaningfully "destructive" here, unlike the XP 150 (whose rare pump design gives it important battle advantages not offered in other blasters) conversions to Nerf blasters which seem to be oddly popular in Nerfing groups. It looks badass, and it works in a water war like any other CPS 2000, and that's all that should matter as far as I'm concerned.

Edit:
Well, things got a bit chaotic here.

@torrespi: Not much to say here that I haven't already said. The re-postings (4 of them) got misinterpreted as spam by some of our membership, but you're aware of the issue now, so its not a big deal.

@the oncoming storm: At first, I sent you a warning since that aggressive post was the last thing I saw, but after seeing just how many times it was reposted, I deleted the warning. Still thought the way you posted was unnecessary, but it's whatever now.

Anyway, let's get this over with and carry on. Let's keep irrelevant/parallel discussions out of the other threads and focus on this one. torrespi, if you want to discuss other aspects of paintjobs relevant to the other threads (that wouldn't fit in this one), you can do so, otherwise please keep the CPS 2000 paintjob discussion here. Thanks.
HydroBrawl Water Warfare

Discord: m0useCat

torrespi

Post by torrespi » Thu Jul 03, 2014 1:03 am

Will do ..Apologies to all that felt offended..I will keep my CPS Paints comments to this thread..Thank you all

Semper Fi

SEAL
WWN League Team: Catskill Mountain SEALs

Post by SEAL » Fri Jul 04, 2014 10:19 am

Welcome to WaterWar.net! My dad served in the Marines for a couple years before I was born.

I really like that paintjob, especially with the skull and crossbones. If you plan on using and never selling your blaster than there's no reason not to paint it. The stock colors are pretty nice for a stock blaster, but yours is definitely way cooler. Do you fight with it often?
~Hotel Oscar Golf~

We probably won't be back, but the legacy lives on.