Want better water blasters? Wish here!

Water blaster concepts and dream designs for water guns and related equipment.
atvan

Re: Want better water blasters? Wish here!

Post by atvan » Mon Jan 02, 2012 10:42 am

Well, according to quantum physics, gravity can attract, or repel. If you had equipment that put half of your water into a state in which it was repelled by the Earth, you could very easily carry the gun around. But I agree that it would ruin the fun and strategy of the game.
DX wrote:In the neanderthal days of K-modding, people would lop off the whole PRV
Well, not that much soakage.
Beware the Purple

HBWW
WWN League Team: Havoc

Post by HBWW » Mon Jan 02, 2012 3:54 pm

It would actually shift the strategy of it, while making heavy simplifications. After all, going from muzzle loaded rifles to auto/semi auto's shifted strategy instead of killing it, and I'd say the same would apply for water warfare if pumping were taken away, or even if you could store much, much more water than is currently physically possible.
HydroBrawl Water Warfare

Discord: m0useCat

isoaker

Post by isoaker » Mon Jan 09, 2012 11:42 am

CA99 wrote:If history is any indication, the wishing well would do better as a water supply than as anything else lol. Throw your coins in, then gather them up and spend them on eBay/Craigslist, Home Depot, Lowe's, and the local ACE/ACO hardware store; they will provide far better water weaponry returns than any wishing well. :goofy:
The overall goal here is to learn from history, not repeat it. I remain hopeful for the future (but then again, perhaps I have a slightly different view than most others here).

That said, keep negativity away from this dreaming thread. I'd like to hear about what people want to see, even if seemingly currently impossible. Some here may be able to build better things, but many do not have that option available for a variety of reasons. Given the number of people who rely on stock blasters for the basis of their wars, we do need to push on for better blasters. Modders and builders can contribute as well since their designs and changes may end up providing a good foundation upon which a mass-produced blaster can be built. In the end, the original Super Soaker started off as a dream and someone with the will to build their own homemade water blaster.

:cool:
:: Leave NO one dry! :: iSoaker.com .:

SEAL
WWN League Team: Catskill Mountain SEALs

Post by SEAL » Mon Jun 25, 2012 3:48 pm

I wrote:*Throws a penny into the pool* I wish for all blasters to have Max Infusion capability and make the Aquapaks Bigger. Seriously, 100oz is nothing! My CPS 2700 can hold more water then that! They should make them the size of real backpacks. If you have or ever had a MI 100oz Aquapak you'll know that it's nowhere near the size of an actual backpack.

Also, remakes of blasters like the CPS 2000 and others would be welcome too. While also coming out with new and improved CPS blasters with MI caps, riot blasts, bipods/tripods for mounting, and I'd like to see QFDs again.

There is nothing really wrong with the Max-D system, it's just that the trigger parts are so ****ing cheap! If they actually took care in what they built and actually used good quality parts,(The sun will probably explode before that happens.) it would be a really good system. Max-D blasters offer improved range and output then standard valves.

Some interesting blaster ideas:
A small concealable pistol sized blaster that fires all of its water in one burst.
A Triple Aggressor improvement with CPS tech, a more powerful mini-pistol, a water balloon filler on the bottom, and perhaps multiple nozzles.
A blaster based on the Bottle Shot/Blitz that's much bigger, uses CPS tech instead of piston, and can fit 3 bottles like mags. It could come with a belt thing that holds extra bottles like the Triple Charge/Play.
A really big turret gun that hooks up to a huge tank of water.(This will never happen for sure. It would be really expensive and take up a lot of shelf space. Maybe I'll try to make one.)'
A water balloon gatling gun that fires one balloon from each barrel. (Regular WBL's should be sold in stores as well.)
A Supercannon II type blaster that can fire a thick blanket of water to saturate your opponent.

I'd also like to see new technology superior to CPS tech.(BBT most likely has the best chance of doing this.)

As much as I'd like to see these designs put into production, it will probably never happen unless water warfare becomes a sport like airsoft or paintball and there's like 20 companies trying to put each other out of business.

That's all I have to say. :soakon:
Behold one of my earliest posts, haha. I guess you can say I didn't know quite as much about water warfare two years ago. Using my current knowlege, I will try to give you an update on my water blaster wishes.

*Ahem*, first of all, blasters with MI caps are nice, but I find that you almost never run out of water in any type of game other than soakfests. While I still hate the tiny MI backpacks, I don't really need them.

Remakes would be welcome, but I'd rather see new, improved designs as opposed to 10-15 year old designs with the same 10-15 year old problems.

I still do think the Max-D system would be great if the parts were of better quality; I find that MD triggers are excellent for tap-shots, but with the crappy parts, aggressive tap-shooting usually kills the valves very quickly. Pull-valves are my favorite, but they don't allow as much flow as ball-valves, and while BBT uses non-Max-D ball-valves, I find that they're slightly harder to tap-shoot with. Really though, this is a minor complaint.

As for my "Interesting Blaster Ideas"...
That small concealable pistol should only unload all of it's water in one blast if it's so small that it can't fit more water. It's very hard to land a kill with one shot, and it would have to shoot at least 40 feet for me to pick one up.
I have already made a concept blaster for that Triple Aggressor improvement; See CPS 3300
That Bottle Shot/Blitz-based blaster would not be as useful as a conventional setup.
I still think a big turret blaster would be cool; forget the gigantic reservoir though. I'd use a dip tube such as the one on the XP Pool Pumpers, and stick that into a lake or some other large water source. Such a cannon would be excellent for naval wars, and I guess the MOARC sort of already fits the discription.
I've had that water balloon gatling gun idea in my head for years, and I actually see a good way to make one. I doubt I'll have any spare cash to pay for the parts though; it would cost a LOT. I still think it would be cool if they sold WBLs in stores. I mean, come on, they aren't any more dangerous than a BB gun.
It would be cool if they sold Supercannon II-like water cannons, but they aren't very practical.

All I want now is something practical, powerful, and reliable enough to stand up to the abuse that most hardcore fighters put their blasters through.
~Hotel Oscar Golf~

We probably won't be back, but the legacy lives on.

the oncoming storm

Post by the oncoming storm » Wed Jun 27, 2012 11:25 am

I'm working on the design for a CPS sidearm the "sidewinder" so far it looks bulky but will post it soon
If you ever bother reading these, I worry for your mental sanity. :oo:

the oncoming storm

Post by the oncoming storm » Thu Jul 05, 2012 7:30 pm

Here it is as I promised the CPS 100 sidewinder

here are the stats, Capacity 12oz with 4 oz PC , Range 40', Output 1oz/s.
Attachments
Aqua-Force Sidewinder 100.jpg
Aqua-Force Sidewinder 100.jpg (32.5 KiB) Viewed 9567 times

Poseidon2000

Post by Poseidon2000 » Tue Aug 21, 2012 6:24 pm

Hmm...

This might be stupid, but I image an accessory that you put on the pump that allows it to pump itself.
Of course it would run on some sort of battery that has exceptional voltage so 15 seconds of "charging " the blaster would be equal to 20 pumps.
Plus, this device would cover the whole pump to avoid injury(i.e. while charging, you accidentally jam your finger in the pump,damaging the device, and your poor index finger.)

Basically its a thing that pumps itself.

Now, second penny. *plop*

okay, another stupid idea. A random booster for blasters. every package would be the same color, size, shape, and weight. However, it can and will hold ANY super soaker, from the trashy lightningstorm, to the legendary cps 2000. :cps1000: :cps1500: :cps2000: :cps2500: :cps2700: :cps3000:
:flashflood: :xpbackfire: :soakwcps2000: :supercannon: :this could be very overpriced to get a point break, but you're basically gambling. might have protesters, might have grateful people. Eh, ya never know.

the oncoming storm

Post by the oncoming storm » Tue Aug 21, 2012 6:58 pm

a line of CPS caliber blasters that are pump free maybe something like the splashzooka but with a pump to fill it when you don't have a hose around.

isoaker

Post by isoaker » Wed Aug 22, 2012 8:29 am

the oncoming storm wrote:a line of CPS caliber blasters that are pump free maybe something like the splashzooka but with a pump to fill it when you don't have a hose around.
An self-pumping (motorized) light CPS-calibre water blaster already exists, but sadly is no longer made.

As for the splashzooka-like (quick fillable), but also pumpable CPS-based blaster, those used to be made as well.

isoaker

Post by isoaker » Tue Nov 13, 2012 2:28 pm

Just dropping in a few more coins to keep the wishing well going! While I continue to wish for more CPS-based blasters, at present, seems like only Hasbro can answer that one. Definitely would like to see higher-powered air-pressure based blasters as well; hopefully we'll see what else is in store in terms of stock water blasters for 2013 soon.

Poseidon2000

Post by Poseidon2000 » Tue Nov 13, 2012 6:48 pm

Let's see BBT make a better version of a SS300. :p

soakinader

Post by soakinader » Tue Nov 13, 2012 10:36 pm

Whoa. The crazy thing is, that is totally possible. Holy moly... I can just imagine it already... *twitch*
My friends call me Nader. My foes just run.
Photos relocated to: https://www.flickr.com/photos/151868511 ... 8741427445
I find 'em, I fix 'em.

Poseidon2000

Post by Poseidon2000 » Tue Nov 13, 2012 10:47 pm

Woah, snappoutta it! Sheesh, all they have to do is make a backpack res, have a humongous PC(2 liters is good), a pump like the 300 or hydrapak, and a nozzle selector. Then, their designs will make it look like a took apart blazer. Shouldn't get more than 55'.

isoaker

Post by isoaker » Tue Dec 18, 2012 9:38 am

2012 is coming to an end; a couple more coins in hoping that the new models for the Water Warriors line are more promising than what we've seen of the 2013 Nerf Super Soaker line.

SEAL

Post by SEAL » Tue Dec 18, 2012 10:40 am

I'll drink to that. I want to see a triple-PC blaster that rivals the SS/XP 300. Also, they must fix the lamination problems that plague some of this year's models.
~Hotel Oscar Golf~

We probably won't be back, but the legacy lives on.

Nemesis

Post by Nemesis » Mon Jan 28, 2013 6:31 pm

I would love ss 300 caliber, but i would also like a large, durable, powerful, dual pc rifle. (first non-mental wish! Yay!)
"The world is yours" - Nas

scottthewaterwarrior

Post by scottthewaterwarrior » Mon Jan 28, 2013 9:05 pm

I forget if I asked for something like this in years past or not, but if I did I am asking again.
I would like to see a gun small enough to be considered a pistol but with a separate PC. Going with this, in order to do that it would probably have to be a bit bigger then my Crickets so would not fit in my pockets; I would like to see a belt and holster set come with the gun. Making it silver blue/brown and like a large cowboy revolver would also be nice! :)

Of coarse I would love to see a duel PC air pressure gun capable of at least a 5x blast with 45ft range. If such a gun is made I want it to be like a much larger XP 105; not only would it look great but it would have the most comfortable trigger grip ever. The pistol wouldn't need it but I wouldn't mind seeing power gauges on guns again too, though if the PR was made to sound less like a whale dieing I could probably live without them.

I would also like to see a gun like the XP 15, very small, but still air pressure, and able to fit in the pocket of the paints you wear to the office. :P

I also would like to see a giant, flaming, meteor fall on the building the CPS patent is stored in, but that's another thread...
"If you are wet at the end of a water war, you are doing it wrong"
Van: "What happened?" SEAL: "Scott Happened"
Alex: "But the stream is cold." Me: "It's fine, my feet really hurt, now they're numb!"

Fishfan

Post by Fishfan » Tue Jan 29, 2013 11:29 am

Nemesis wrote:I would love ss 300 caliber, but i would also like a large, durable, powerful, dual pc rifle. (first non-mental wish! Yay!)
There is one:
http://www.buzzbeetoys.com/USglobal/Wat ... 14450.html

scottthewaterwarrior

Post by scottthewaterwarrior » Tue Jan 29, 2013 7:20 pm

Fishfan wrote:
Nemesis wrote:I would love ss 300 caliber, but i would also like a large, durable, powerful, dual pc rifle. (first non-mental wish! Yay!)
There is one:
http://www.buzzbeetoys.com/USglobal/Wat ... 14450.html
Good luck finding that, the only ones I can find are two on amazon for $79.99 and one on E-Bay for $99.99 used! Both of those are more then I paid for my CPS 2500. Crazy.
"If you are wet at the end of a water war, you are doing it wrong"
Van: "What happened?" SEAL: "Scott Happened"
Alex: "But the stream is cold." Me: "It's fine, my feet really hurt, now they're numb!"

Neptune

Post by Neptune » Tue Jan 29, 2013 11:40 pm

I'm gonna be that guy, and ask for a lulzy weapon. I want a blaster with a dual action pump and a ball valve. With this I want to somehow store water balloons (empty) in/on the blaster. The nozzle will be 5-8x internally, with a balloon filler externally. I don't care if this needs to be pressurized reservoir to work, I just think it would be fun to have.

Side note, totally going to slap a Bell Pump on a MD5k and mess with the nozzle, and stuff balloons in a hole on the faux reservoir as a prototype for this idea. Not because I want to win wars, but because it'd be kind of a fun thing to have.
I've got 110 problems but a <Nice lady> Ain't one