Want better water blasters? Wish here!

Water blaster concepts and dream designs for water guns and related equipment.
SEAL
WWN League Team: Catskill Mountain SEALs

Re: Want better water blasters? Wish here!

Post by SEAL » Wed May 26, 2010 10:15 am

*Throws a penny into the pool* I wish for all blasters to have Max Infusion capability and make the Aquapaks Bigger. Seriously, 100oz is nothing! My CPS 2700 can hold more water then that! They should make them the size of real backpacks. If you have or ever had a MI 100oz Aquapak you'll know that it's nowhere near the size of an actual backpack.

Also, remakes of blasters like the CPS 2000 and others would be welcome too. While also coming out with new and improved CPS blasters with MI caps, riot blasts, bipods/tripods for mounting, and I'd like to see QFDs again.

There is nothing really wrong with the Max-D system, it's just that the trigger parts are so ****ing cheap! If they actually took care in what they built and actually used good quality parts,(The sun will probably explode before that happens.) it would be a really good system. Max-D blasters offer improved range and output then standard valves.

Some interesting blaster ideas:
A small concealable pistol sized blaster that fires all of its water in one burst.
A Triple Aggressor improvement with CPS tech, a more powerful mini-pistol, a water balloon filler on the bottom, and perhaps multiple nozzles.
A blaster based on the Bottle Shot/Blitz that's much bigger, uses CPS tech instead of piston, and can fit 3 bottles like mags. It could come with a belt thing that holds extra bottles like the Triple Charge/Play.
A really big turret gun that hooks up to a huge tank of water.(This will never happen for sure. It would be really expensive and take up a lot of shelf space. Maybe I'll try to make one.)'
A water balloon gatling gun that fires one balloon from each barrel. (Regular WBL's should be sold in stores as well.)
A Supercannon II type blaster that can fire a thick blanket of water to saturate your opponent.

I'd also like to see new technology superior to CPS tech.(BBT most likely has the best chance of doing this.)

As much as I'd like to see these designs put into production, it will probably never happen unless water warfare becomes a sport like airsoft or paintball and there's like 20 companies trying to put each other out of business.

That's all I have to say. :soakon:
~Hotel Oscar Golf~

We probably won't be back, but the legacy lives on.

TacticalTyphoon

Post by TacticalTyphoon » Wed May 26, 2010 1:39 pm

I'm sorry, everyone, but: Tank.

Must be made. Doesn't have to be some huge, motherfunking behemoth, just an armoured vehicle with good firepower. For example: The M3 Lee Medium Tankhttp://upload.wikimedia.org/wikipedia/c ... trun-2.jpg looks like the kind of ideal tank design for water wars, given some serious change for obvious reasons.

Changes:

- Obviously, reduce the size of it by almost half. It should be about 4m long and be 2m high. You have to remember practicality in a neighbourhood here.
- Needs a motorised engine capable of pulling it up to about 8mph over countryside and about 11mph on tarmac/road. Means it will be at the same speed of a quick walking speed over countryside and jog speed over tarmac. This engine needs to be completely safe, housed in very secure casing, waterproof, just in case.
- Keep the tank tracks, but replace those nasty spiky cogs in the tracks with smoother plastic ones, only because you get dumb kids who'll stick their finger or something in it.
- Obviously, no steel armour, targeting computers etc, turrets or actual Main cannon. The tank doesn't need anything but thick plastic as armour, and the big side turret should be replaced with a Supercannon II -like weapon, possibly a powerful version of the Mt. Tiki Soki by Hasbro (lol.). The top turret, which is rotating but weaker than the side turret, should be something like a CPS 4100 that is ready built. It, and the "Mt. Tiki Soki-like Cannon", should both draw their water from a huge canister located at the back of tank (both the Side and Top cannon will obviously have tubes leading into the canister). There will be 2 small motors within the tank drawing power from a seperate power source next to the tank's main power source. This seperate power source will power the motors, which in turn will power both of the turrets.
- Also, this product will not be "bought in stores". They'll be limited number stock, and you have to order them to be delivered by a large lorry. Needs be. There'll also be an age limit on this thing. 16+. No exceptions, you don't want immature kids trying to run people over - this vehicle should be treated AS a small vehicle.
- Well now that I've got that long bit out of the way, I can go onto appearance. I was thinking that maybe instead of having it green/camo like a real tank, it could be red and blue, with "Soaker Wars" on the side or something. Sorry guys, but seriously, old people are going to think it's a real tank if it's camo.
- It could have a radio.

Thanks for listening to all this rant. It sounds complicated, but compared to modern tanks, this is as complex as a pencil. Would think the price of this would be £750/$1,500.

martianshark

Post by martianshark » Wed May 26, 2010 4:11 pm

I love SEAL's ideas.
CA99 wrote:It's funny because you can get 5 water bottles and a pencil for much less than $90.

HBWW
WWN League Team: Havoc

Post by HBWW » Wed May 26, 2010 4:27 pm

@ SEAL: Max-D's only get better distance and output because of the ball valve system, not the Max-D mechanisms. BBT also uses ball valves and gets similar good results. The problem is that larger ball valves, which are necessary for any blaster to perform reasonably at all, are trickier to make into triggers which is why pull valves were mostly used. Also, a gatling gun style WBL would be way too heavy; there are better ways for repeating and rapid balloon launching (the key to this is specialized sabots for automatic fire) but right now auto-launchers are not viable for most community members due to sheer cost and time needed to design. Due to the size of loads, it won't be possible to get a good RoF out of any WBL even with a full auto system. Also, you talk about a turret attached to a large tank being too large and taking up too much shelf space, but WBL's would be much worse to stock.

@Typhoon: No water warfare tank is complete without a mounted WBL. 'Nuff said.
HydroBrawl Water Warfare

Discord: m0useCat

SEAL

Post by SEAL » Wed May 26, 2010 5:36 pm

@C-A_99: About the Max-D system, I don't really know much about blaster tech, having only gotten into it about 2 years ago. What I was thinking about when I wrote it, is that out of the blasters that I have, my MD's (Excluding the Secret Strike.) pretty much outdistance all of my other blasters of similar size. The only exception, is my XP 270 which can shoot up to 40 feet. And even that doesn't get as much output as my MD 6000. I don't have any BBT blasters because I didn't know they existed until a year or so ago. (I want to buy some of them, like the Vindicator and the Pulse Master, but my parents probably won't let me.)

As for the WB gatling gun, I didn't really mean for it to be carried around like a minigun, I was thinking more of like a turret gun. Maybe it could be mounted on a tank like the one that TacticalTyphoon suggested. But it certainly would cost a lot to build, you're right about that. Edit: By the way, it would be turned by a crank, not by a motor or anything like that. It would go like this: Fire one barrel, crank it once, then fire the next barrel, and so on. I know there are better ways of making a full-auto/semi-auto WBL, but I'm too dumb to think of any better ways. :goofy:

What I ment about the turret, is that it would be to big to fit on shelves. Much bigger then a WBL. (I mean a Huge tank. Like the size of a car.)

@martianshark: Thank you. :mrgreen:

@TacticalTyphoon: I like the idea of a water tank. But CA is right, there should be a WBL on it. And I would probably put wheels on it instead of treads. Ever hear of a BTR80? If you play Modern Warfare 2 you should know what one is. If you don't know, google it. Imagine one of those, with a Supercannon II and a WBL on it. That way, it couldn't break as easily. I would think that plastic treads would be rather fragile. It would also be cool to have boats with mounted blasters, (I think this has been done before.) and airstrikes. Imagine a huge bomber dropping a gazillion water balloons on a squad of flabbergasted opponents. The only real way airstrikes could happen in wars however, is if somebody somehow got a hold of a cropduster and filled it with water. He'd have to be pretty rich.

But seriously guys, these are just things I would like to see in production. I'm not saying they absolutely have to be produced. I'm not even saying they're possible. They're just ideas that I think would be cool to have. If they actually did show up in stores, as long as I'm dreaming, I'd like to buy a Ferrari as well.
~Hotel Oscar Golf~

HBWW

Post by HBWW » Wed May 26, 2010 7:37 pm

Well, you don't really need a water tank the size of a car. That would take a lot of water to fill up to say the least.

As you can tell, I lean on the practical side and like to imagine things that are possible and that work. How it works is just as important as what it does; we have video games for unrealistic things. (Like... Modern Warfare 2 for regenerating health, knifer ninjas killing people with shotguns, AA-12's with 20ft range when they get 200m range in real life, etc.)

That said, most of the things you mentioned are indeed viable, they just require a ton of money. However, my point with the gatling gun WBL is that a single barrel WBL can be done a lot better. If you look at real life weaponry, very large caliber projectiles never use the multi-barrel setup, only up to 25-30mm projectiles do. Water balloons are at least 40-50mm for the smaller ones, and a gatling gun WBL would be like a gatling gun 40mm cannon, which simply isn't made. But back to the realm of impossibility, I'm surprised you haven't suggested a "tactical water nuke" that floods a 5 mile radius. =p The thing is, even if you were to make a water warfare first person shooter, you wouldn't do something like that; if you want to flood the whole map, you put something like a dam into the distance.

Thats why I like to think in terms of whats possible. It intrigues the imagination more than something that you know isn't possible and could never happen. It is also what drives people to invent new things; not by thinking of what can or can't be done, but what's possible or may be possible. I don't mean to push on your ideas by any means though.
HydroBrawl Water Warfare

SEAL

Post by SEAL » Wed May 26, 2010 8:46 pm

Well the gatling gun and the turret blaster are kinda outlandish, and when I was talking about all those vehicles, that was just daydreaming. But everything else I mentioned are certainly possible, and wouldn't exactly cost a fortune. We just need Hasbro or BBT to start listening to us. I've heard that the president of BBT actually visits water warfare boards. Is this true?

I seriously want to start building homemade blasters. Could someone maybe direct me to a guide on how to build your own blaster. That way, I'll be able to make my dreams come true. =D I figure I'll just start with a basic air pressure blaster. Edit: Never mind, I found a guide on SSC. I will start by making a basic 2l homemade. I'll post pics when I begin construction.

P.S. @C-A_99: Just in case you think I'm a MW2 fanboy who spends all his time playing video games, I'll tell you that I'm not. I hardly ever play it. I actually don't really like first person shooter games that much. My brothers like it though. A tactical water nuke would definitely be impractical as it would most likely drench you as well if it covered a 5 mile radius. I'm just don't want you to think I'm a total geek who has no life. =P
Last edited by SEAL on Fri Jun 11, 2010 1:06 pm, edited 1 time in total.
~Hotel Oscar Golf~

TacticalTyphoon

Post by TacticalTyphoon » Sat May 29, 2010 10:04 am

Well, by taking in some of the feedback, I suppose a WBL could be used. It could fire, draw some more air from an air canister inside the tank, and then fire again. Problem with that is that you don't want a water balloon fired at ridiculous velocities....

The SCII seems like a decent idea for the smaller, rotating turret, if we're still on the M3 design idea.The WBL would likely be the side turret. I don't know what to use: wheels or some rubber tank treads? Tank treads are better for off road, but sluggish for roads/smooth land compared to the wheels.

P.S. I honestly can't remember if I mentioned this, but the Drencher Tank (my name for it) will probably have an age limit of 17 on it.

:cps1000:

HBWW

Post by HBWW » Sat May 29, 2010 4:15 pm

Airstrikes, water balloon carpet bombings, etc. would indeed cost a fortune, and automatic water balloon launchers would also be costly to fund and build. (After all no one has designed one yet.) Certainly most of those are possible though. As for the nuke, I was just joking around in response to you bringing up the airstrike.

The ideal water gun for use as a turret is kind of troublesome to implement. The best way is to have a large tank store unpressurized water, then have a PC to shoot it out. Foot pumps would have to be built for gunners to use, unless the vehicle is loaded with a motor or other mechanism to power the pumping. Rotary pumps may be a good idea for that situation. The foot pumps are simply a low-cost alternative.

Now for an ideal WBL, a pair of foot air pumps can be used to keep it powered up, if a cheap solution is needed. Otherwise, some sort of high pressure air is needed. CO2 weakens PVC because it's cold, so metal will be needed in that case. Regardless, the idea is to have an air tank at extremely high pressures to supply air, then have a regulator and low pressure PC feed into the launcher. So, if the regulator is working, there should be no concern on WB velocities. In fact, WB's will most likely burst before they can be launched at very dangerous speeds. (Though they can still be launched at pretty unsafe speeds with current WBL's, and the speed can be increased with a longer air release and longer barrel.)
HydroBrawl Water Warfare

scottthewaterwarrior

Post by scottthewaterwarrior » Sun Aug 29, 2010 3:46 pm

Concept CPS pistols

I have a concept for 2 CPS pistols (I might try and home make them who knows). They would be about the size of a Max-D 2000, but function like a CPS Splashzooka. The user would have a 50oz hip pack, like the 50 maxinfusion aquapack, with a handle on the top for stability and a pump. When not in use the pistols would go in holsters on either side of the hip pack, nozzle first, and they would lock in place. When you pumped the hip pack it would fill the CPS chamber in the pistols through the nozzle. The hip pack would eliminate the need for the holding tank to be on the guns themselves there for allowing more room for the CPS chamber. They would fire at about the rate of a Max D 2000 so they would have maybe 10-15 seconds of shot time as a last resort weapon.
"If you are wet at the end of a water war, you are doing it wrong"
Van: "What happened?" SEAL: "Scott Happened"
Alex: "But the stream is cold." Me: "It's fine, my feet really hurt, now they're numb!"

SEAL

Post by SEAL » Sun Aug 29, 2010 4:00 pm

I actually made something like this. Here.

Except it doesn't have a hip-pack, it doesn't use CPS tech, and you don't have to pump it. (You don't have to pump the Splashzooka either.)
~Hotel Oscar Golf~

scottthewaterwarrior

Post by scottthewaterwarrior » Sun Aug 29, 2010 4:51 pm

The reason I would like to make it with the hip pack and pump is so you could fill the pistols without a hose. The pistols would work like the splashzooka and the hip pack would be a portable reload station for them, if you weren’t near a hose, the pump could provide the pressure needed to refill them. I wanted something that was small enough to fit in a holster without having to pump wile in combat. If I ever get around to making it I will post pictures.
"If you are wet at the end of a water war, you are doing it wrong"
Van: "What happened?" SEAL: "Scott Happened"
Alex: "But the stream is cold." Me: "It's fine, my feet really hurt, now they're numb!"

martianshark

Post by martianshark » Sun Aug 29, 2010 5:50 pm

That's a kind of cool idea. What would make it better is if could fill with the hip-pack thing or the hose.
CA99 wrote:It's funny because you can get 5 water bottles and a pencil for much less than $90.

Impending Flood

Post by Impending Flood » Sat Mar 05, 2011 12:11 am

Me- Dumps a whole load of coins into wishing pool.
I wish for a larger and super durable version of the CPS 1500. Using a super reinforced aluminium pump shaft, a 50ml pump, a thick casing as well as a large beefy ball valve and wide strap (for more comfort) and a 1.2L PC and 3.6L resevoir. :D :D :D :cps1500: :o
This version will be called the CPS 150K (to avoid confusion with k-modded CPS 1500) and will be awesome. It should also have a 10X nozzle, 20X, 5X, and a aqua storm nozzle.
I also wish for a re-release of the CPS 2000 except maybe a bit bigger with a 1L PC(original was 900ml- thank you for all the useful info on the website isoaker) and a 3.1L resevoir. :) :soakthemall:
A more practical version of the Monster 2K1 would also be nice such as 800ml PC and 3L resevoir. :)

:soakon:
Drench 'em ALL!!!!

I shall soak you until you are soaked!

Me: Hey look! A Super soaker Monster 10th anniversary edition!
Friend: What?! Where?! I don't see no Super soaker monster!
Me: Oh NO!! I'm hallucinating! *Panics*

XCALIBR8

Post by XCALIBR8 » Mon Jun 27, 2011 12:08 am

I would love to have some new super durable CPS blasters in the style of the 2000/2500. Other than that, I'd love super durable, XP tech, Super Soaker 30, 50, 100, and 200 models. Some of my favorite styles. XPs would be nice too. How about just the whole old Super Soaker line up to the CPS blasters. :cps2000: That would do just fine.
"On those occasions, when you need to make a big splash, there's the Super Soaker 100!"
current arsenal:
1. Water Warriors Gorgon
2. Super Soaker XP 65
3. SS Max D 3000 (x2)
4. Water Warriors Titan (x2)
5. Super Soaker Splashfire

atvan

Post by atvan » Fri Jul 01, 2011 5:59 pm

Noob impression- WATwenede is a tacticoolfullauto gunthat fits in thepom of urhndit woodshoot 100 feats.

Lol. I just had to do that. Lol.

For real, what I want is a water gun that hones in on Hasbro and forces them to make good blasters or soak their CEO for the rest of his life.

Sorry. Really for real, though that would be nice, I'd like a new company to design a line which focuses on two things other than performance- useful accessories, and original SS or XP styling. Those guns looked really good. For the accessories, things would include paddle holsters, good slings, and possibly something like a ladder sight used on grenade launchers.

I actually had an idea once for a scope that was rigged so that when it was in focus, the gun was at the right angle for the distance to the target. The scope would always be level, using a hanging weight or something. The gun is attached to the focus knob of the scope. The focus would be adjusted for the angle of the gun, and the gun and scope would match, so that the scope would, for instance, be focused at 50 feet when the gun was angled to hit 50 feet. This would only really be useful on long range guns- 55+ feet range, but would be nice for taking out the enemy before they could return fire.
DX wrote:In the neanderthal days of K-modding, people would lop off the whole PRV
Well, not that much soakage.
Beware the Purple

wetmonkey442

Post by wetmonkey442 » Fri Jul 01, 2011 6:52 pm

I just wish/hope that the following blasters are re-released:

XP 40
XP 70
XP 110

CPS 1500
CPS 2500
CPS 3000

These guns epitomize Super Soaker style, in my mind. The perfect combination of style, power, and ergonomics!
Join the fight! Support water warfare in your area today!

marauder

Post by marauder » Tue Jul 05, 2011 11:55 am

atvan wrote: Sorry. Really for real, though that would be nice, I'd like a new company to design a line which focuses on two things other than performance- useful accessories, and original SS or XP styling. Those guns looked really good. For the accessories, things would include paddle holsters, good slings, and possibly something like a ladder sight used on grenade launchers.
wetmonkey442 wrote:I just wish/hope that the following blasters are re-released:

XP 40
XP 70
XP 110

CPS 1500
CPS 2500
CPS 3000

These guns epitomize Super Soaker style, in my mind. The perfect combination of style, power, and ergonomics!
I never liked the CPS 1500 feel, I always felt that a gun that size should have a tracked pump. It just seems kinda goofy to me, but it is one of the greatest all time guns. I actually like the newer designs, I just like the older performance.
https://hydrowar.wordpress.com/
SEAL wrote:If you ain't bloody and muddy by the end of the day, you went to a Nerf war.

HBWW

Post by HBWW » Sat Jul 09, 2011 8:31 pm

Personally, I've never cared much between tracked or free pumps. Free has the advantage of not having to maintain them, but tracked handles are always designed to break much more easily. That said, I do lend my blasters, and occasionally I have to lend them to a monkey who ends up breaking it. I noticed the guy who busted my 12k's pump handle last time also picked up another blaster with a free pump on the ground by the pump handle later on. I'm pretty sure I won't let him over to my wars anymore.

Overall, free pumps always have the least friction and that gives them a small advantage that makes up for the disadvantage of them not being guided. However, tracked pumps also have one other advantage; you can leave the pump extended without worry. I don't pick sides but if I was forced to choose, I'd still prefer tracked. (Free only for homemades as they're far easier to build.)
HydroBrawl Water Warfare

mr. dude

Post by mr. dude » Sun Jul 10, 2011 12:50 am

As a compromise, I like semi-tracked pumps. The WW Blazer has the best pump I've ever used, smooth, effortless, but durable. My wish is to see it on more high-performance soakers.