Aqua Master Pre-Charger Line - My opinion

Discussions of all varieties of stock water guns and water blasters.
Falcon

Post by Falcon » Sat Oct 16, 2004 6:33 am

Well today Exodus and I went out and bought them. I bought a Krypton and an Argon, and Exodus bought a Xenon. So between us, we have all three. My views on the three are:

Argon: The smallest of the three. It's about the size of an XP 270, and it's nozzle looks like it's approximately 2x. The Argon holds 975mL according to the box. Before filling the Argon, a large button on the side of the blaster must be pressed in. Air is then pumped into the PC, and the button pops out when it is ready. Add water, and only about three pumps is required!
The Argon's stream went a fair distance, but stream integrity was quite poor. By the time the stream reaches the target it is like a fan spray (big trouble/power pak style) but it has a slightly larger affect area than a solid stream. The PC is small, and it is not yet clear whether it is air pressure or CPS-style. On a typical CPS, the stream will drop off when the PC is empty. On the Aqua Master Pre-Charger line, the stream wobbles a bit and then cuts off without any drop off at all.
After a while the performance starts to decrease and the air pressure in the system must be relieved by a small push button located at it's rear, and pre-pumped with air again. The Argon features a mechanical pressure gauge for keeping track of pressure.

My opinion on the Argon: I think that the Argon could be useful as a scouting weapon or as a primary in a mostly XP battle. The fact that it's mechanics aren't very reliable should be taken into consideration before using it, as it will require
some work to keep it performing at it's best.

Krypton: The Krypton is the largest in the series and is comparable in size to the CPS 2700. it includes a shoulder strap, it has three nozzles and it holds 3.65 litres. The largest nozzle is between about 5x and 10x, the medium nozzle is about 2x-2.5x and the smallest is about 1x. Like the others, a button in the Krypton's side is pushed in while air is pumped in. Now let me tell you, the Krypton is hard to pump! Heck, I've never used anything so hard to pump. It only requires 3 or so pumps, but it is very difficult.
Now, the Pressure chamber. It is very small and only seems to hold about 200mL (this is yet to be confirmed). It looks similar to a Cylindrical pressure chamber like on the CPS 3200, and is mounted in a similar way with a clear narrow strip of plastic on the side of the blaster. When air is pumped into it, it seems to travel backwards along the pressure gauge, and when water is pumped in, it travels back up towards where it came. It's pretty strange and I don't yet know how it works. The Krypton also features an electronic pressure gauge.
The Shot time: On the largest nozzle, shot time is very short at only about 1 second. The medium nozzle has about 4 seconds and the smallest goes for a bit longer.

My opinion on the Krypton: To me the Krypton is just too bulky and impractical to use as a primary in a large war. Like the others in the line it requires work to keep it performing at it's best. Shot time on the largest nozzle is poor and it is very hard to pump. If the pressure chamber was larger then it would have been a lot more useable. It's outperformed by a small CPS and requires more work to keep it working properly. One thing that makes the Krypton shine though is the fact that it only takes 3 pumps to maximum pressure after it is pre charged.

While I haven't used the Xenon enough to write about it yet, I can tell you that it is similar in performance and nozzle size to the Argon, but holds a bit more water (2.2 litres if I remember correctly) and I will soon describe it in greater detail once I get to use it more.

My overall opinion on the Aqua Master Pre-Charger line: The pumping system is helpful, but sometimes difficult to keep running efficiently. The Argon and Xenon would make decent backup weapons, but I think that the Krypton is just too big, hard to pump and its pressure chamber is too small. I think that Big Bee has done quite well, but these soakers could definitely use some improvement.

Now, where can I find one of those Aqua Paks................ :D

Edited By Falcon on 1097926618

Iceman

Post by Iceman » Sat Oct 16, 2004 7:54 am

Sounds Great. Although every Blaster has its positive and negative sides, there is always room for improvement with each one. This sounds pretty good to me, but there is a lot more to come. This was a good attempt, and depending that Kryton can be modified to pump easier. :cool:
_

Adrian

Post by Adrian » Sat Oct 16, 2004 11:19 am

Big Bee continues to push the envelope on water warfare. I don't have a clue how this new system works, but it sounds cool, and most importantly, new and inventive.

Adrian
“To achieve a World Government it is necessary to remove from their minds their individualism, their loyalty to family traditions, national patriotism and religious dogma.”…..Brock Adams, Director, United Nations Health Organisation.

Crashdummy

Post by Crashdummy » Sat Oct 16, 2004 3:11 pm

It sounds like what you can do on xp guns, pump, fill, then pump water in the pc. :p

Edited By Crashdummy on 1097957535

CPS

Post by CPS » Sun Oct 17, 2004 5:38 pm

ahem... are you going give credit to who told you where to find them?
here, you know you've won when you hear "blub blub ahhh! i give up"

Crashdummy

Post by Crashdummy » Sun Oct 17, 2004 8:02 pm

Oh yeah, sorry. Thanks master, you have brought great pleasure to all soaker enthusiasts. :p

isoaker

Post by isoaker » Thu Oct 21, 2004 7:25 am

Cool reviews! Methinks this is the first time I recall that the Southern-hemisphere got to have a new line of soakers on the market prior to the Northern-hemisphere.

Anyhow, things to look forward to in 2005 for here! :cool:
:: Leave NO one dry! :: iSoaker.com .:

cooldood31

Post by cooldood31 » Sat Jan 08, 2005 8:34 pm

Sorry to bring back an old topic, but I was wondering if someone could clock the shot time of an argon for me. Resivoir volume, length/height/width, and range (flat angle) would be nice to.