Your Armory

Discussions of all varieties of stock water guns and water blasters.
atvan

Re: Your Armory

Post by atvan » Mon Apr 09, 2012 6:32 am

Welcome to WWn!

That looks like a fairly decent armoury right there. Probably better than mine anyway. :goofy:

I'm looking forward to seeing some war stories- it's always interesting to see water warfare in a different perspective or writing style.
DX wrote:In the neanderthal days of K-modding, people would lop off the whole PRV
Well, not that much soakage.
Beware the Purple

carbonate

Post by carbonate » Mon Apr 09, 2012 6:42 am

CPS
1K (SS2K)
2KM1
2.1KM2 * 2
2.5K * 2
2.7K * 2
FF * 2

Normal
MD-5K
MD-SS
Storm Pistol * 2

the oncoming storm
WWN League Team: Havoc

Post by the oncoming storm » Tue Apr 10, 2012 9:40 pm

Sigh
Now my armory only has

Steady Stream 2
CPS 1200
If you ever bother reading these, I worry for your mental sanity. :oo:

the oncoming storm

Post by the oncoming storm » Sun Apr 22, 2012 1:48 pm

Great news got a XP 70

now my armory includes

CPH Devestator
CPS 1200
XP 70
Steady Stream 2

still need to buy a hornet

kbuno50

Post by kbuno50 » Thu Apr 26, 2012 6:27 pm

tornado strike
colossus
double barrel thing from banzai

Yeah, I suck, don't I?

scottthewaterwarrior
WWN League Team: Catskill Mountain SEALs

Post by scottthewaterwarrior » Fri Apr 27, 2012 6:00 am

The Colossus isn't really a bad gun, I held my own against a friend using my Vindicator. Mind you, my friend isn't the best skill wise, but he's good enough that it was a pretty fair match up.

Not every one can afford the high price of classic CPS guns, I got my first one only a few months ago (well besides that 3200 I found in the trash, but it barely works).

Edit: Lots of spelling mess ups.
"If you are wet at the end of a water war, you are doing it wrong"
Van: "What happened?" SEAL: "Scott Happened"
Alex: "But the stream is cold." Me: "It's fine, my feet really hurt, now they're numb!"

the oncoming storm

Post by the oncoming storm » Thu May 17, 2012 9:09 pm

My arsenal has been upgraded

2 WW Crickets
2 Avengers (my brother, and sister gave me there
XP 70
Steady Stream 2
CPS 1200
CPH Devastator

marauder

Post by marauder » Fri May 18, 2012 7:40 am

I've seen Steady Stream 2s and Crickets at all 5 stores I've been to, but I've yet to see a Colossus, which is really disappointing cuz I want to get one.
https://hydrowar.wordpress.com/
SEAL wrote:If you ain't bloody and muddy by the end of the day, you went to a Nerf war.

Andrew

Post by Andrew » Fri May 18, 2012 2:56 pm

I can only find one place that sells the Colossus in the UK. Tesco. It's only £14 aswell!!! :D (Hopefull my next addition!)

Haven't seen any crickets either.

Might pick up a shotblast too. Mod a trigger to it, with a mode selector switch (pump action or trigger action, best of both worlds! :D ).
I could do with a blaster that only takes 1-2 pumps to fire. Should be a shotgun styled, well, shotgun! :goofy:

I mean, whats the use in having an amoury made up only of blasters with essentially the same or similar performance stats?

soakinader

Post by soakinader » Thu Jul 12, 2012 2:18 pm

CPS: 1000 X3, 1200, 1500 X2, 1700, 2500 X 2, 2700, 3000, Monster (2001)
SS: 40, 50, 100, 300 :D
XP: 40, 65, 110, 150 X2, 270 X2, XXP 175
MAX-D 5000, 6000, Secret Strike
(ST Triple shot)
Vaporizer X2, Helix X2
Speedloader 1000, 1500
WW Tiger Shark

How's that?
Last edited by soakinader on Mon Jul 16, 2012 6:46 pm, edited 1 time in total.
My friends call me Nader. My foes just run.
Photos relocated to: https://www.flickr.com/photos/151868511 ... 8741427445
I find 'em, I fix 'em.

SEAL
WWN League Team: Catskill Mountain SEALs

Post by SEAL » Thu Jul 12, 2012 2:39 pm

soakinader, welcome to WaterWar.net! That's a pretty impressive arsenal you've got there! It's better than mine, that's for sure. Do you fight a lot, or are all those blasters just laying around waiting to be used?

Hope you enjoy your stay.
~Hotel Oscar Golf~

We probably won't be back, but the legacy lives on.

marauder

Post by marauder » Fri Jul 13, 2012 1:25 am

Welcome to WWN. What's up with all these 300s showing up lately? For the past 3-4 years those things have been incredibly rare. With an arsenal like that I bet you'd do pretty well at the Community War.
SEAL wrote:If you ain't bloody and muddy by the end of the day, you went to a Nerf war.

nerfman300

Post by nerfman300 » Fri Jul 13, 2012 11:10 am

X1 WW python
X1 WW gorgon
X1 WW hydro blast
X1 SS sneak attack
X1 SS max-d 2000
X1 SS vaporizer
thats all i have. :D :goofy: :P

soakinader

Post by soakinader » Mon Jul 16, 2012 6:42 pm

Yeah, I collect super soakers and they collect dust. I usually buy them cheap and repair them as needed, but the water warfare community in BC is even smaller than the Nerf community (and that is saying something!) and I simply haven't had the opportunity to field anything with more than three other people with stock guns, so the compulsion to modify them is limited.
However, currently I am working on a homemade universal QFD that functions like the originals did, that is compatible with speedloaders and super chargers, as well as being used as a 10X nozzle for filling other soakers and defending.
Let me guess- the community war is somewhere in Ontario or the east coast? Sigh.
I got the 300 for 50$ from a guy that had bought it years ago from the store. He also has a Nerf Crossbow, and he promised me that when he was ready to sell it I would have first chance. XD
I didn't list them, but I also have half a dozen flash floods in various states of repair (and a 50oz aquapack). The only Flash Flood that I have that is working can only shoot out of the flood nozzle. But it's still tons better than the Hydro Cannon. In your face, Hasbro!
Edit: forgot to add my Max-D secret strike.
My friends call me Nader. My foes just run.
Photos relocated to: https://www.flickr.com/photos/151868511 ... 8741427445
I find 'em, I fix 'em.

marauder

Post by marauder » Tue Jul 17, 2012 4:20 am

Yeah, the Downpour Community War is in New York each year. We had one, called Hydropocalypse in North Carolina this May. A long time ago we planned on meeting up at Niagra Falls, but that is also east coast. If you can fully repair a Flash Flood you should write an article demonstrating how. Flash Floods are great guns. I had one that shot almost 50 ft with the wire mesh removed. It beat every single one of my guns on range, except the 2000. If I can repair it and do a PC expansion mod + max infusion backpack, it will be very deadly. If we can find a spring to replace the Max D spring then that would be great. That spring often breaks. Unfortunately, there are several other things that can go wrong with the FF. That's one thing I love about the 300, the internals are so incredibly simple. I know a lot of the old sites say it's fragile, and it's true, you have to be careful with it, but at the same time if you do, it will last you a lot longer than a more complex gun like the FF.

Andrew

Post by Andrew » Tue Jul 17, 2012 5:56 am

soakinader wrote:However, currently I am working on a homemade universal QFD that functions like the originals did, that is compatible with speedloaders and super chargers, as well as being used as a 10X nozzle for filling other soakers and defending.
C-A_99 made a quick fill device compatible with SS and Speedloader QFD's (the VHS), which can also be used for defence. I believe he's been working on improving it as well. You might want to take a look for some ideas.

Can't believe I haven't posted my armoury here yet. So, my armoury:

1x CPS 1500 (currently being overhauled [15 balloon k-mod, trigger valve reinforcement, pump reinforcement, rubber band mod, loose mesh makes nozzle shoot weird, the list goes on... :goofy: ])
1x Colossus (with some small mods [anti-lag pump intake, sling loops, anti-rattle pump handle insert])
1x XP 70 (sling loops, foresight [no idea why, put it on years ago when I was bored], anti-rattle pump handle inserts, pump reinforcement)
1x Max-Infusion FlashFlood (flood nozzle seems to open too far, springs replaced with latex rubber bands [the end ring bit from balloons])
Many rubbish squirt guns

Homemade SC-LPD-APH thing (weighs 5kg empty)

3L Max-Infusion backpack
Homemade 20L solar shower backpack

Primary blaster: This was the FlashFlood (with backpack)/XP70, but I've switched to the colossus and will move to the 1500 when fully functional.
On VERY rare occasions I'll use the homemade as primary.

Sidearm/Seconday blaster(s): FlashFlood (without backpack when using the homemade)/XP70 or none at all. Hopefully a couple of Goblins will come my way sometime soon. :goofy:

At the minute the only fully functional blasters are the Colossus, the XP70 (probably the most reliable blaster I've ever come across) and the homemade.

spitfire

Post by spitfire » Sat Aug 25, 2012 9:24 am

My arsenal may not be huge [compared to Mr. 200-some water guns],but where I come from, my armory is huge- and anywhere you are it would be considered powerful.I have two homemades of my own design. They both get up to fifty feet in range, and have rapid reload time-not to mention that they have decent shot time. :x

On to my arsenal:

Heavy: Ranger 20.7 ; HC 30.6 [those are the homemades] ; Nerf SS Scatterblast.

Medium: Nerf SS Tornado strike ; Nerf SS Lightningstorm.

Light: Nerf SS Thunderstorm ; Nerf SS Electrostorm.

Oh yeah, I also have a three man slingshot and am working on a quick-firing wbl [wbl and SS are basically the only abreviations I know, so it would help if you could give me a few more to add to my vocabulary].
Last edited by spitfire on Sat Aug 25, 2012 9:32 am, edited 1 time in total.
Abraham Lincoln assassinated J.F.K.!!!!!

marauder

Post by marauder » Sat Aug 25, 2012 9:29 am

Welcome to WWN Spitfire! You should take some pics of your homemeades. We're always interested in that kinda thing around here.

spitfire

Post by spitfire » Sat Aug 25, 2012 9:37 am

Give me your age- i would be interested to know what age group I'm looking at.Oh, and not anything against you personally, but I want to have it patented, and also, due to their power-
Anyway, I am sincerely sorry but cannot oblige. :( [ I might give you the design for my wbl, though [I didn't exactly invent the wbl, after all]
Abraham Lincoln assassinated J.F.K.!!!!!

marauder

Post by marauder » Sat Aug 25, 2012 10:54 am

Our group here ranges from 13 to 40. I'm 25, but I joined the waterwarfare community when I was 13 - wow I've been a part of the community almost half my life now!

If you don't want to publicly release your design then that's cool. We encourage responsible modifications and home made designs here. If you get it patented I'm assume you'll want to eventually sell your product. It would be good seeing a powerful watergun available on the market. Just letting you know that we have a bunch of builders and modders here who are always eager to see/test new designs. Also, if you're all about power, with your homemades, I'm really surprised you have an arsenal full of Nerf soakers instead of Water Warriors or old Super Soaker CPS guns from ebay.