Your Armory

Discussions of all varieties of stock water guns and water blasters.
Bednesti

Re: Your Armory

Post by Bednesti » Mon Nov 14, 2011 6:32 pm

I also use water balloons at the beginning of a war because they really soak people

SEAL
WWN League Team: Catskill Mountain SEALs

Post by SEAL » Tue Nov 15, 2011 11:30 am

I may make a homemade piston blaster sometime. They can indeed be formidable if you have a good water source on hand, but they're still far too easy to kill, especially if you have two men. If they have a bucket with them, you can steal it when the user is eliminated/going back to respawn.

For dodging, all you have to do is stay out of range, then charge in and blast the user while he's still dipping the nozzle into the bucket/stream/whatever. However, if you're up against two Stream Machines, you're in for it, unless you have a buddy or two. Otherwise, lure them away from the water source.

My point is, Stream Machines are very powerful and impressive, but they're incredibly easy to defeat. If anyone disagrees, I challenge them to a 1-on-1 match against me and my Sneak Attack.
~Hotel Oscar Golf~

We probably won't be back, but the legacy lives on.

DX

Post by DX » Tue Nov 15, 2011 3:01 pm

It is actually possible to tap shoot with a piston pumper. However, a stream machine might only get 1 or 2, while a shorter gun might not get any. A PPP, on the other hand, can get 4 or more depending on how long the shaft is. Range is still consistent as long as you put the same amount of force into each shot and don't give up on any of them. Homemade capability is limited to how good your seal is though - it has to be perfect or it will leak when you hold back your shots. Shots will also be lost if you don't hold the gun at an angle (non-reservoir types) because water will freely pour out of the nozzle.

Stream Machine vs sneak attack only has an obvious conclusion if the stream machine misses. Up until that point, it has the advantage, with about double the range of the sneak attack. Until the stream machine fires, the sneak attack can't do any damage, so that duel would come down to what the user does with their big first shot, assuming they only have the one and no water source. It is hard to aim and they probably won't be thinking about tap shots in the heat of battle. I'd play a stream machine duel as all or nothing, get that first shot or give up. The sneak attack user thus has to do a lot of dancing in and out at the fringe of the stream machine's range, trying to draw that shot. You can let them dance in as close as 35ft and they still can't do anything. A novice might unleash everything at around 40-45ft, but you really need to hold it until they are within 25-30ft. The sneak attack doesn't have to dodge - the gun is well-shaped for blocking - so it has to be as close as possible. The stream machine has to rely upon a stream that is too fast to dodge or block fully, and you can only achieve that at about below half your effective range, judging from CPS guns. Of course, if the sneak attack does not get in your core range, you have to go to them. In the open, you can make them fall back, menacing that long range capability, and you can rush, but with cover it gets complicated. Number of shots is not a great advantage in the open, but it's huge with cover - players tend to not move as much when they have cover. Thus, the shots you take are more likely to be close vs open field dodging, blocking, and wind stealing away just about anything you shoot. A sneak attack can also skirmish from well within a stream machine's range if there's something to get behind.

In the open, I'd put my money on the stream machine. Open field rushing with high range, high output guns can be very deadly. The target can either sprint back or block, but cannot dodge, fall back, or challenge where they stand. You're suddenly in their core range, which is where a stream machine does its best dirty work. However, only rushing produces this effect. If you stand and duel, you can be dodged and drawn forward without gaining advantage. And of course, if the stream machine misses or is blocked, the sneak attack wins.

In cover, I'd put my money on the sneak attack. Piston pumpers do not skirmish gracefully, if at all. The stream machine's main advantage, range, is usually negated and its main usual weakness, lack of multiple shots, is magnified. Thus, it stands little chance.
marauder wrote:You have to explain things in terms that kids will understand, like videogames^ That's how I got Sam to stop using piston pumpers

atvan

Post by atvan » Tue Nov 15, 2011 6:57 pm

Such a thoughtful analysis. Remids me of the last water balloon vide. You are safe until you throw, they they can close in unobstructed.
DX wrote:In the neanderthal days of K-modding, people would lop off the whole PRV
Well, not that much soakage.
Beware the Purple

DX

Post by DX » Tue Nov 15, 2011 9:11 pm

Lolz in that video, you're not safe even with the ranged deterrent. With 3 on 1 and just 1 water balloon, they can go ahead and bring the house. They force you to throw it away and pray. I also didn't really trust the balloon and didn't throw it too hard - the ones I had were cheapos. Several popped just from sitting at rest. Water balloons are only effective if they are strong enough that you can really handle them and whip them out. Even then, it's easy to miss as I did. Or, they can actually be too strong, and not pop upon contact. In a bridge ambush in 2006, I got a balloon on Guderian from so close that I could have touched his shoulder. But, it just bounced off. That's why guns tend to be more useful than balloons, and why Dan got the kill, because Dan chose to fire a stream at him instead. That's also why cheapo balloons should be tied high on the neck, so they don't pop as easily, while quality balloons should be tied down on the neck, so they pop more easily.
marauder wrote:You have to explain things in terms that kids will understand, like videogames^ That's how I got Sam to stop using piston pumpers

SEAL

Post by SEAL » Thu Jan 26, 2012 12:21 pm

2012 Armory (So far.):

2 SS 50s | Sadly, I don't think they work anymore; when we met at the lake, DX was talking about how the tubing on his had been stuck closed by the pincher, and I have a feeling that's what happened to one of mine. The other one's pump doesn't seem to work.
XP 220 | I never noticed just how small the nozzle on this thing is; I'm thinking about drilling it out a bit.
XP 270 | My brother made a ghille suit for it; it's actually pretty good.
CPS 1200 | We made a camo cover for this as well, but without all the "grass" hanging off it.
5-Balloon CPS 12K | I'm pretty sure the valve is beyond repair at this point; I'll probably have to replace it...
CPS 2700 | I'm thinking about giving it a camo paint-job, since it's not exactly in very good asthetic condition anyway.
MD 2000 | This thing is still lying on my workbench in pieces; If I remember right, it had something weird wrong with it, and would have been a lot of trouble to fix, so I may not get around to it (We have plenty of sidearms anyway.).
Nozzle-Drilled MD 3000 | The trigger feels sticky, but it still works. Although it's technically "nozzle-drilled", I actually didn't drill it that much (Only enough to get the nozzle back to it's original shape, since it was deformed when I got it.), and you probably wouldn't notice it.
2 MD 4000s | These remian my favorite sidearms, and they still work great.
MD 6000 | This broke a few months ago; I may open it today.
MD Secret Strike | Works as far as I know. I don't know why we even have it, to be honest.
2 Vaporizers | These work, but no one ever uses them.
Hydroblade | This thing's been broken since I got it (I think there's a pressure leak somewhere.), and I've been thinking about turning it into a CPH forever, but never got around to it.
Helix | Still works. It's terrible, but it's kind of fun to shoot.
AS Sneak Attack | My all-time favorite piston blaster is still in great condition.
AS Secret Strike | Works. I used to use it a lot, but I haven't used it since the summer of '10.
AS Arctic Blast | Broken again. I plan to fix this thing for good.
100oz Aquapak | The piece that attaches to the MI caps is broken, so this is all but useless.
Quick Blast | I don't think it works anymore; small loss.
Equalizer | Still works great.
Vanquisher | My brother gave this a camo cover too.
NIB Signed Vanquisher | My prize from the 2010 iSoaker.net Poster Contest is still in it's box; part of me feels guilty for not using it, but I don't want to risk having iSoaker's autograph washed off.
2 Goblins | I have yet to use them in a battle, so of course they work. Unfortunately, iSoaker's stickers haven't reacted well to getting wet; one of them is completely unreadable, while the other is smeared only in one corner, so it now says: "eve NO one dry!".
2L Homemade | I'm pretty sure it still works, but it's so terrible, that I will probably never use it again.
SEAL H1 (APH) | It should work; I haven't used it in a while though.
SEAL H2 (SCH) | My most powerful blaster in my armory still works fine, and I even found the nozzles for it!

There you have a complete summary of my armory heading into the 2012 season.
~Hotel Oscar Golf~

marauder
WWN League Team: Havoc

Post by marauder » Fri Jan 27, 2012 3:48 am

Seal, can you take some pictures of your camo-ed and ghillied blasters? How did your brother make his ghillie suits?
https://hydrowar.wordpress.com/
SEAL wrote:If you ain't bloody and muddy by the end of the day, you went to a Nerf war.

SEAL

Post by SEAL » Fri Jan 27, 2012 12:28 pm

I can do it once my brother finishes the 1200. He made up the cover for the 270, but for the other two, he used your helpful guide on Hydrowar. :)

Edit: Merged the below post.

Ask and ye shall recieve.

~Hotel Oscar Golf~

DX

Post by DX » Sun Jan 29, 2012 4:44 pm

I love them, but you've got to do something about those caps, triggers, and nozzles. I'd suggest cutting up the material into small pieces and attaching them to the nozzles in a composite style like it's paper mache. That way, you get them covered up, but can still shoot and access the cap or trigger. For the strap attachment areas, simple cover them and poke in holes for the straps to run through. One piece of bright orange coming through can ruin the whole setup from a surprising distance away.

SEAL

Post by SEAL » Mon Jan 30, 2012 5:54 pm

DX wrote:One piece of bright orange coming through can ruin the whole setup from a surprising distance away
You think? I wouldn't've thought a tiny orange piece would matter much. Though in some cases, like the 1200's handle, my hand would simply cover up most of the handle, so I decided not to have it camoed (and because I love the grip how it is; I think it's one of the most comfortable grips ever created.). I guess the nozzles are probably the worst offenders, but I'm a little nervous about having a blaster with a blacked-out/camoed nozzle, mainly because I don't want the cops to think it's a real gun.
~Hotel Oscar Golf~

atvan

Post by atvan » Mon Jan 30, 2012 5:58 pm

Does that look like a gun to you?

If you point it at them and taunt them, it wouldn't matter either way.
DX wrote:In the neanderthal days of K-modding, people would lop off the whole PRV
Beware the Purple

SEAL

Post by SEAL » Mon Jan 30, 2012 6:01 pm

You wouldn't believe how stupid some people can be...
~Hotel Oscar Golf~

atvan

Post by atvan » Mon Jan 30, 2012 6:03 pm

Are you?
If yes, go to line 4. If no, go to line 6.

Sucks for you. Maybe you shall win a Darwin Award.

Congratulations on joining the minority.
Beware the Purple

scottthewaterwarrior

Post by scottthewaterwarrior » Mon Jan 30, 2012 10:18 pm

I honestly would feel a little worried covering the nozzles too, I think most police would be able to tell it is a toy gun and so would most parents, but they would be worried that it would "scare the kiddies!" I've been thinking of camoing some of my guns too, or at least my Vindicator. It doesn't have to be that elaborate though, last year one of SEALs brothers just covered his with a green shirt and that worked pretty well. While the fully ghillied blasters look really awesome, I'm doubtful that they would actually make a difference worth all that effort, unless you were to have a full ghillie suit for yourself. But camoing blasters is just another thing to add to that list, nice to see some people doing it though.

My personal armament for 2012:
(This is subject to change, I am reworking it)
Primary: WW Vindicator/CPS 2500 (not sure which I will use yet)
Secondary: WW Equalizer/(2x) WW Crickets/nothing + 1-2 50oz bottles (currently under advisement)

Here is my 2012 armory so far:

Super Soaker:
CPS 2500 - my newest gun, really good condition, even has the stickers still (one is pealing though).
Max-D 2000 (2) - The trigger on one is a little stiff, the other is even worse and doesn't close correctly. I lubed them so they are as good as they are going to be.
CPS 3200 - Not in good condition at all, I found it in a trash can, got some guys name written on it and has only one nozzle now: big. It also leaks a tiny bit around the back pack attachment which is super glued on because it kept falling off.
XP 35 - Stickers are pealing, but still there, works great!
XP 85 - It was working last I tried it and in OK condition, only used it once or twice since I got it.
XP 105 - Same as the 85 but I have used it a few more times.
PowerSoaker Pumper II - Technically a piston gun so this year at the CSW, you all are dead for the piston only round.
Helix - My trusty side arm in many battles, a bit beet up, but it still works. I am planing a mod for it to make it only have the narrow setting, but for now since I got my Equalizer, won't see much action
XXP 275 - Belonged to my cousin, but I "liberated" it after he broke it and fixed it. He's not even noticed its gone and I have no intention of returning it. This thing is a beast, the repair on the trigger handle is still holding and it is in working order. Not my favorite gun though.
Arctic Blast - Belongs to my friend Luke but I have better water gun storage facilities then him.
Monster X key Chain - Mint condition NiB.
Monster X pen - Out of box but still mint condition, I hope to write a review for it sometime.

Water Warriors:
Vindicator - My favorite gun, really like the feel of it and before my 2500, the most powerful gun I own (other then the cumbersome 3200 that barely works)
Vanquisher (2) - Bought to add more big guns to my arsenal so friends have more to chose from.
Colossus - An impulse buy while looking for Vipers, not a bad gun and now has sick custom paint job.
Equalizer (2) - Bought partly to replace my broken Flash Floods and partly to possibly replace my Helix as a side arm, and I think it will.
Goblin - The one from isoaker, but the sticker kind of ran at the CW. I might try and replace it with a new one that has water proof ink.
Cricket - Came in a two pack, really wanted to get some Vipers, but this is all they had. Pretty good gun though and fills a big gap in my arsenal for small side arms.
Pulse Blaster (2) - Bought a few years ago since they were on sale at the local food store, OK guns for there size and better then most my Hasbro junk at the time.
Steady Stream - A nice gun, especially for smaller scale battles.
Hydro Pulse - I good gun compared to its very small size, and great for little kids who can't hold/pump larger blasters.

Other:
Shield Blaster 3000 - The grip of the handle broke off, but there is still a stud which you can easily crank the gun with. Some of the paint is chipped, but the gun is in working order.
Shield Blaster 1000 - Hidden in my gun chest somewhere, I think it works.
Water Ball ML 50 - Not a very useful gun, but a cool concept.
Storm 2 in 1 - Just some really simple storm guns, the rear operates as a PR pistol and the front comes of and is a squirt gun.
Random squirt guns (x3)

Guns to be fixed when ever I actually get good at fixing guns:
Vindicator (Trigger repair) - Really want to get this one working by this summer so I will have two of them again.
Lightning (Pump repair) - Again my Cousans, not a classic SS and I plan to give it back when I fix it. I fixed the cracked pump cap but during testing the whole pump broke off!
CPS 1000 - My friend Bela's, this gun works but the pressure release is way over reactive so no mater how many pumps it only shoots for 3/4 second. The grip on the pump rod also broke.
CPS 2100 - Another gun from a trash can, this one might be hopeless, the pump is gone and so is half the pump track.
XP 75 triple shot - The trigger valve is stuck open, I can't figure out how to open it in a way that wont break the nozzles ruining the guns only cool feature.
Flash Flood (2) - Every one has at least one of these, dumb Max-D valves.
Arctic Blast - Same as the FF.
SS 100 - Was my cousins, like the XXP, but got broken due to carelessness (the 'O' that holds the tank got stepped on). I have since glued it so it works great, but he doesn't miss it and I don't plan to give it back so it can get broken again. - Tested it a few days ago, it now leaks when pumped! No idea what is wrong.
Water Ball SL 175 - Probably the coolest gun I own, but even less practical then my Helix. So mad that this broke, don't know why it doesn't work, it just doesn't suck water anymore.

LEGO Minifig sized water guns:
These are all the guns I have so far that are sized for LEGO people build out of LEGO parts:

http://www.mocpages.com/image_zoom.php? ... 325388016m

WW Vindicator
SS CPS 3200
SS Flash Flood
SS Helix
SS Max-D 2000 (x2) - new design, no pictures of it yet.

Last updated 4/9/12
Last edited by scottthewaterwarrior on Mon Apr 09, 2012 1:40 pm, edited 1 time in total.
"If you are wet at the end of a water war, you are doing it wrong"
Van: "What happened?" SEAL: "Scott Happened"
Alex: "But the stream is cold." Me: "It's fine, my feet really hurt, now they're numb!"

Nitro123PG

Post by Nitro123PG » Thu Feb 09, 2012 7:40 am

My current armory.
CPS 1000- broken
Arctic Blast- semi-broken
Renegade - broken
XP 150 - resovoir only
WW Hydra... NOT broken!

Yeah, everything but the pistol is broken. The CPS 1000 has trigger and leaking issues. The Renegade has a broken trigger but should be back into action soon. The Arctic Blast isn't truly broken but it is my fault. I tried to drill the main nozzle but it failed. It nows shoots about 5 feet. The XP 150 had pump, trigger, and leaking problems so I just have it for parts now. The only fully functional I have is the WW Hydra. Yay. My wishlist for the 2012 season includes the Tiger Shark, XP 150, Gorgon, Colousses, and the elusive CPS 2000 my neigbor has. I really hope they have that thing stored inside right now and not in their outdoor shed...

marauder

Post by marauder » Thu Feb 09, 2012 9:00 am

You could try making a custom nozzle for your Arctic Blast.
https://hydrowar.wordpress.com/
SEAL wrote:If you ain't bloody and muddy by the end of the day, you went to a Nerf war.

Nitro123PG

Post by Nitro123PG » Tue Feb 14, 2012 9:38 pm

That's what I was thinking. The Arctic Blast main nozzle is to small for a nozzle laminator if I recall correctly. For now, the Renegade is fixed for the 2012 season. The CPS 1000 is fixed except for the PCC.

Nitro123PG

Post by Nitro123PG » Fri Feb 17, 2012 8:35 pm

Well, today was a mixed day for Nitro123PG's armory. My neighbor denies me the CPS 2000, but my other, much kinder and better, neighbor sold me his Pulse Master for 1 dollar. He'd been letting me barrow it for the last year, but now I own it for good. :)

the oncoming storm

Post by the oncoming storm » Wed Mar 07, 2012 11:04 pm

Update My Arrmory now Includse

CPS 1200
Steady Stream 2 (gave the scatter blast to a freind)
Water Warriors Hornet

and still 3 water warriors Avengers unused by siblings
If you ever bother reading these, I worry for your mental sanity. :oo:

nwonder

Post by nwonder » Mon Apr 09, 2012 2:20 am

well first post

Monster X
CPS 2500
Flash Flood
Vindicator
2x Black Widow
2x Cricket
Hydra Pak
Hydro Blitz
Steady Steam
Shield Blaster 4000
(CPS 1000 thrown away, after it broke, sigh when I was 10 yrs old, really loved this gun)