2018 Xshot, Buzz Bee, PTT Pressure Blaster Internals

Discussions of all varieties of stock water guns and water blasters.
Buffdaddy

2018 Xshot, Buzz Bee, PTT Pressure Blaster Internals

Post by Buffdaddy » Sun Feb 04, 2018 9:56 pm

I'm writing up reviews on Blasterhub, but in the meantime I'll leave the relevant info here for you guys. They're all about $20 (may need to recheck the Xshot price, might be less on that one).

Xshot Pressure Jet

Made of the cheaper feeling plastic on the body, but works well. Am getting 35ft angled at full pressure. Performs as well as expected for a giant pressurized reservoir with a single small nozzle. Less power, but serious endurance. Can empty the reservoir with ease.

Tidal Storm Battle Monster (Prime Time Toys, Target exclusive)

Solid plastic body you'd expect. About 80mL comes out of the rubber CPS chamber. 1200mL or so reservoir capacity. Comes with a fitting for attaching to a garden hose, and a secondary trigger for that. Has three nozzle settings (thin, wider, four stream spray), duplicated to allow both triggers to fire the same stream setting. Hitting 35ft with the main blaster. Refusing to drag out the hose at home until it gets warmer.

There's a hose in the reservoir going to the back, so no issues there.

Adventure Force Power Raider (Buzz Bee Toys, Walmart exclusive)

Several issues plague what could be a great blaster. 1800mL reservoir, but no real "bottom" or internal hose for draining (like the other two). So not holding the blaster flat will do fun things at the end of the load.

The main killer is the hose in the firing chamber. The one shown was bent with a heat gun by myself. Normally, the hose stiffness and it's short length means it sticks straight back, so normal blaster firing (any direction but vertical) only partially empties the tank. Initial shot will be giant mist shot as the level drops enough for the air to escape, and then you only fit 2 pumps worth of water (~15mL pump volume) before the safety valve opens. 25ft shots are pathetic, and no real power.

With the bent hose, it performs better than advertised, doing 6-7 pumps to fill, and 45ft max ranges. Three nozzle settings (thin/wider/spray).

SEAL
WWN League Team: Catskill Mountain SEALs

Re: 2018 Xshot, Buzz Bee, PTT Pressure Blaster Internals

Post by SEAL » Mon Feb 05, 2018 4:39 pm

45 feet?! Whaaaaat? What's the output like? Actually I don't think that thing is made by BBT. Adventure Force is a separate company as far as I know. If able, could you take some shot pictures/videos? 45 feet is better than anything seen in YEARS, especially if the output is like 5X or above. Even if that's not *entirely* stock, that's still awesome. I'll probably pick one up.

The other two guns aren't particularly interesting to me, although they make Hasbro look like chump change. It's also great to see more companies using CPS now that the patent has expired.
~Hotel Oscar Golf~

We probably won't be back, but the legacy lives on.

Buffdaddy

Post by Buffdaddy » Mon Feb 05, 2018 5:14 pm

I'll take video when I can. And yes, Buzz Bee makes it. Stamped on the shell, and the red dot sight that comes with it is compatible with the rails on Buzz Bee dart blasters from last year.

GREAT. NOW I HAVE TO REPLICATE MY RESULTS :P

Adventure Force is Walmart's in-house brand, that they contract companies to sell things under, like ToysRus did with Air Zone/Sizzlin Cool/Stats Blast, etc. They've used Xshot, Buzz Bee, and Prime Time Toys for things on the dart blaster side of the market, and most of their water blasters last year were from Prime Time Toys.

Drenchenator
WWN League Team: Havoc

Post by Drenchenator » Thu Feb 08, 2018 8:46 pm

Yeah, this sounds like good news. I'm glad that somebody is making CPS stuff, even if it's this El Cheapo kind. Hopefully this will sell well enough to justify better performance in general.
The Drenchenator, also known as Lt. Col. Drench