we should be worried about the future

Discussions of all varieties of stock water guns and water blasters.
pat720

we should be worried about the future

Post by pat720 » Thu Jan 11, 2018 12:32 am

When THESE are all you have to look forward to it kinda makes me sad

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dKEApcEPS-o

:flashblast:

Also what kind of a gimmick is the splashmouth trying to have? It would be more effective to simply use a bucket of water as a weapon than that piece of trash.
Last edited by pat720 on Tue May 15, 2018 4:48 pm, edited 1 time in total.
When my friends are bringing big ole cps guns, and I show up with an SS50

Drenchenator
WWN League Team: Havoc

Re: we should be worried about the future

Post by Drenchenator » Thu Jan 11, 2018 11:35 pm

Wow, those are the dumbest soakers yet released by Hasbro. I thought maybe things had bottomed out finally but this really is a big step backwards.

I also don't understand the Splashmouth. It just seems like they ran out of ideas. What could we build that requires no work but has a decent flow rate? It seems like they wanted to simplify things to the point where they aren't building anything at all. Each of the 3 soakers is little more than a pump and a reservoir. No triggers, no valves, no nozzle selectors, nothing at all! I agree that a good ol' 5 gallon bucket is a much wiser investment. At least you can use it for other things...
The Drenchenator, also known as Lt. Col. Drench

scottthewaterwarrior
WWN League Team: Catskill Mountain SEALs

Post by scottthewaterwarrior » Fri Jan 12, 2018 4:02 pm

Can we go back to motorized battery blasters? I think I am starting to miss those.
"If you are wet at the end of a water war, you are doing it wrong"
Van: "What happened?" SEAL: "Scott Happened"
Alex: "But the stream is cold." Me: "It's fine, my feet really hurt, now they're numb!"

SEAL
WWN League Team: Catskill Mountain SEALs

Post by SEAL » Fri Jan 12, 2018 5:17 pm

That stuff is no different than what Hasbro's been doing for the past five years. Apparently they're focusing on their dart guns as more serious sporting equipment, and have reduced Super Soaker to cheap kids' toys. Seems like BBT is doing the same thing recently too. That's pretty wack, but I think we still have a future as long as we can become more active. Fight more, build more, post more, etc. The community doesn't need to rely on stock soakers to thrive.

Oh, and I still firmly believe that the newer guns are better than the electric crap. The 2012 lineup has my vote as being the worst ever. When your most powerful offering of the year is essentially a squirt pistol (Micro Burst), you need to start firing people.
~Hotel Oscar Golf~

We probably won't be back, but the legacy lives on.

pat720

Post by pat720 » Fri Jan 12, 2018 8:21 pm

Honestly I am not surprised. Hasbro is a big corporation and on their histogram, Super Soaker makes up a very small amount of their profits.
Hasbro obviously works harder on the brands that are doing the best, and right now these blasters will likely keep declining in usefulness.
For the simple reason that when they make trash guns less people buy them leading to hasbro making even more trashy guns.

Yes it is sad, but honestly there is not much we can do about it.
When my friends are bringing big ole cps guns, and I show up with an SS50