Same gun?

Discussions of all varieties of stock water guns and water blasters.
pat720

Same gun?

Post by pat720 » Fri Jan 05, 2018 9:27 pm

I am planning on purchasing some more light primaries. However I ran into a problem.I cannot find reviews for many water warriors soakers. Are the Water Warriors Equalizer,Stingray and Outlaw the same blaster? Please reply. :soakon:

SEAL
WWN League Team: Catskill Mountain SEALs

Re: Same gun?

Post by SEAL » Sat Jan 06, 2018 12:03 pm

Welcome to the board! If you're having trouble finding reviews, allow me to direct you to the bible of online water gun reviews: http://www.isoaker.com/ Search through the database and you'll find pretty much every blaster from the major manufacturers.

To answer your question, the Equalizer and Outlaw are indeed the same blaster. The Stingray was a smaller pistol that was re-released as the Goblin in 2011. I know there is a Stingray on BBT's website that looks like a rebranded Equalizer, but I've never seen it in stores. The Equalizer/Outlaw is a pretty decent weapon. It gets good range, but if you're not careful it can mist out on you. I personally prefer the Goblin for a sidearm, and the Gargantua or Colossus for a light primary.
~Hotel Oscar Golf~

We probably won't be back, but the legacy lives on.

pat720

Post by pat720 » Sat Jan 06, 2018 11:29 pm

SEAL wrote:Welcome to the board! If you're having trouble finding reviews, allow me to direct you to the bible of online water gun reviews: http://www.isoaker.com/ Search through the database and you'll find pretty much every blaster from the major manufacturers.

To answer your question, the Equalizer and Outlaw are indeed the same blaster. The Stingray was a smaller pistol that was re-released as the Goblin in 2011. I know there is a Stingray on BBT's website that looks like a rebranded Equalizer, but I've never seen it in stores. The Equalizer/Outlaw is a pretty decent weapon. It gets good range, but if you're not careful it can mist out on you. I personally prefer the Goblin for a sidearm, and the Gargantua or Colossus for a light primary.
Thanks for the help but I am still wondering about the stingray. The stingray has been appearing on ebay as well as on buzzbeetoys.com. And not the recolored goblin but what looks like a renamed outlaw.
Links provided.

http://www.buzzbeetoys.com/USglobal/Wat ... ngray.html

https://www.ebay.com/itm/Buzz-Bee-Toys- ... SwoH1ZcE9q
:equalizer: please reply

scottthewaterwarrior
WWN League Team: Catskill Mountain SEALs

Post by scottthewaterwarrior » Sun Jan 07, 2018 9:59 pm

Looking at your links, the Stingray is indead the same as the Equalizer/Outlaw. I have two of the origonal run Equalizers, while they are certainly better than anything Super Soaker makes these days, they still leave something to be desired. Being a larger pressure reservoir gun, once you get it below about half a tank, any sudden movements while firing tend to mist shot. It is a little shorter than a Colossus and most other light blasters though, and is just the right size to fit snuggly in a small backpack.

Honestly though, if you are willing to go about one inch longer, the Renegade had the same overal shape and feel, only it is better because of its separate presure chamber. IDK if you coulf find one as cheap as that Stingray though.
Last edited by scottthewaterwarrior on Tue Jan 09, 2018 12:43 am, edited 1 time in total.
"If you are wet at the end of a water war, you are doing it wrong"
Van: "What happened?" SEAL: "Scott Happened"
Alex: "But the stream is cold." Me: "It's fine, my feet really hurt, now they're numb!"

pat720

Post by pat720 » Sun Jan 07, 2018 11:35 pm

Thanks for the help, I would have just outright bought the gun (I'll take a mediocre gun for cheap prices) but I was a bit worried that it would be some kind of mini version similar to the ultimate outlaw. I think I will buy one or two stingrays now.

:equalizer: :soakon:
When my friends are bringing big ole cps guns, and I show up with an SS50