2018 New super soakers

Discussions of all varieties of stock water guns and water blasters.

SEAL
WWN League Team: Catskill Mountain SEALs

Re: 2018 New super soakers

Post by SEAL » Sat Nov 11, 2017 10:59 am

More junk. Not exactly a surprise, but oh well. Super Soaker is dead, but Power Soaker seems to still be alive and well.

Also, Splash Mouth is one of the funniest names for a water gun that I've heard. :p
~Hotel Oscar Golf~

We probably won't be back, but the legacy lives on.

marauder
WWN League Team: Havoc

Post by marauder » Mon Nov 13, 2017 12:30 pm

It looks like a bunch of Helix like blasters. Cool names though.
https://hydrowar.wordpress.com/
SEAL wrote:If you ain't bloody and muddy by the end of the day, you went to a Nerf war.

jSpazz

Post by jSpazz » Mon Nov 13, 2017 4:43 pm

They came out this year but they were not covered here (I think). I acquired the Mcdonald's Nerf Super Soaker squeezie squirt things (center top of image) for the price of free - someone had left them in their packaging on top of a garbage can while I was waiting for food.

You can grip them with your fingers, making them concealable I guess? And you fire it by squeezing with your thumb I guess? I haven't tried actually firing them.

Still, YOUR HAND IS THE BLASTER HAHA

SEAL

Post by SEAL » Tue Dec 19, 2017 5:17 pm

isoaker has come through with some clearer images.

So it seems the Splash Mouth, while also having one of the silliest names for a water gun, also has one of the most ridiculous gimmicks. The Twintide is just a basic piston gun but with two nozzles, and the Soakzooka, while it looks like a serious soaking machine, is likely strictly pee wee league. Splashzooka > Soakzooka.

Hey, at least we haven't seen an electric gun or a squirt pistol in a while.
~Hotel Oscar Golf~

SEAL

Post by SEAL » Sat Mar 17, 2018 4:52 pm

Found two more new guns on Hasbro's website under the "Zombie Strike" moniker.

No need to even mention what kind of guns they are, but one thing I noticed is just how cheap they look. I know I've said that about their last few offerings, but they take it a step further. The older Zombie Strike Super Soakers were cheap looking too, but at least they had some detail to them. These new ones are probably the cheapest-looking guns I've seen from a major brand. Hasbro has some amazing Nerf gun designs, but it seems they are no longer interested in building soakers to the same level of quality. Not that it means anything 'cause they always sucked, but now they suck and look like garbage.

I also visited BBT's website and they don't have anything on there. Disturbingly, they seem to have removed quite a few blasters, namely the larger ones. I mean, I guess they made those guns under the Adventure Force name, but I was hoping they'd release some of their own too.

Blehhhhhhhhh. The only reason I still post about these is because there is so little activity. And maybe to encourage members to hit the workshop. I'm going to take a stab at reinventing homemades when I get to a good spot.
~Hotel Oscar Golf~

Drenchenator
WWN League Team: Havoc

Post by Drenchenator » Sat Mar 17, 2018 8:25 pm

At this point homemades really are the only option. The Hasbro offerings don't even appear to use air pressure, which basically means they aren't Super Soakers. Super Soakers took off because the air pressure technology blew the squirt guns out of the water. Forget Hasbro ignoring CPS: they are ignoring air pressure too.
The Drenchenator, also known as Lt. Col. Drench

thelaminator
Location: By the time you've read this, It's likely changed again

Post by thelaminator » Thu Mar 22, 2018 12:26 am

The hydrozooka or whatver they're calling it seems like it's the most "ok" of the blastets Hasbro made since the Hydro Cannon. Viability is still rather low, but not as low as the other crap Hasbro's been feeding us the past decade.
[This account has been abandoned. Posts made by this account do not reflect the current views of the original account owner.]
[This account has not been terminated, for archival reasons.]