If you could only have 3 water guns

Discussions of all varieties of stock water guns and water blasters.
the oncoming storm
WWN League Team: Havoc

If you could only have 3 water guns

Post by the oncoming storm » Mon Oct 16, 2017 11:08 pm

Theoretical discussion of what you would own if you could only have 3 water guns. (scary I know).

My first choice would be an XP 150 because it's a good light primary that can play to the level of a piston gun (if necessary) and yet still hold it's own against a k modded CPS.

Second would be a Super Soaker Monster/CPS 4100 A good medium primary with a wide range of useful nozzles for dealing with anything from XP's to CPS Heavy cannons.

Third would be a CPS 3000/3200, while most lack by 3' the range of my PPB it offers much improved drenching ability in a soakfest with equal field life and longer usable shot time in score based games.
If you ever bother reading these, I worry for your mental sanity. :oo:

marauder

Re: If you could only have 3 water guns

Post by marauder » Tue Oct 17, 2017 9:25 am

Assuming brand new:

CPS 2000 mk1 (obvious choice)

Monster XL because soakfests, gags, intimidation...

XP 150 this one was a lot more difficult but I think these 3 would make a great arsenal.
https://hydrowar.wordpress.com/
SEAL wrote:If you ain't bloody and muddy by the end of the day, you went to a Nerf war.

SEAL
WWN League Team: Catskill Mountain SEALs

Post by SEAL » Tue Oct 17, 2017 5:31 pm

It's not that scary. There are only three main classes anyway, so I'll just take one from each:

-CPS 2000, because it does it's job better than just about any other blaster. In the right hands it's almost unstoppable.

-CPS 1021, because it performs very similar to a 2000, but at a lower power level. Not sure if this counts as one gun or two though, haha.

-XP 150, for its rate of fire. An old design, but it can tangle with big guns, and withstand years and years of abuse.

The CPS 1200 was the runner-up. I like it for its amazing ergonomics and for being a great all-rounder, but I find that it doesn't deliver the kind of results I desire. I definitely do better with the 1021.
~Hotel Oscar Golf~

We probably won't be back, but the legacy lives on.

DX

Post by DX » Wed Oct 18, 2017 4:41 pm

I have established favorites based on a wide variety of factors:

1. CPS 1200. One of the best in its class, and holds its own against big CPS. Readily obtainable at very affordable prices. Has more endurance than the 1000 and 2100 in terms of water storage and usage. When I have one tuned with an MK1 pc, getting that 44ft range with or almost with 1:1 shots to pumps, it's a beast. 1200s are just so versatile, you can attack and push, you can brick people in defense, it's small and light enough for fast action, has enough output and shot time for soakfests, is easy to mod and maintain.

2. CPS 2000 mk2. I still prefer it over the Mk1. More shots, have never had one rupture. 2000s are very well matched to my default overall playstyle of low volume shooting in defense and brief, but intense attack. 2000s rack up hits faster than anything racks up hits, if you know how to use one optimally.

3. XP 150. Mah baby...I love mah baby. Anyone can use a 1200 or 2000 well, but do you know what you can do with a 150? If the conditions are right, you can ATTACK AND PUSH AND ATTACK AND PUSH AND ATTACK AND PUSH AND ATTACK AND PUSH, the thing is practically unstoppable if you can keep shooting and pushing. I don't even utilize this to its full potential due to the reservoir being so small and annoying to refill. If I had a much larger reservoir and drilled the nozzle a bit, the thing would be such a tank....pun intended?
marauder wrote:You have to explain things in terms that kids will understand, like videogames^ That's how I got Sam to stop using piston pumpers

Drenchenator

Post by Drenchenator » Wed Oct 18, 2017 7:23 pm

1. CPS 1200. I've always used this as my main gun, and I love how well it works in a variety of situations. I also like the CPS 2100 a lot but I prefer to have a strap (hence the 1200).

2. XP 150. It's hard to describe how good the 150 is, especially as a smaller gun. The best feature is that the pump fills the chamber faster than water leaves the nozzle, so you can refill while shooting. I don't know any other gun that does that.

3. CPS 3000/3200. I like backpack guns, so this is obvious. I would say the SS 300, but despite its excellent performance, it always felt fragile.
The Drenchenator, also known as Lt. Col. Drench

thelaminator
Location: By the time you've read this, It's likely changed again

Post by thelaminator » Thu Mar 22, 2018 12:31 am

If we're talking exclusively single boxed items:

1. Flash Flood w/ Aquapack Backpack (they were sold together on a few occasions)

2. Cps 1500

3. XP 150 (preferably one of the versions where the nozzle can screw off for a riot blast)

If you can't tell, I'm a huge fan if all-rounder, generalist builds.
[This account has been abandoned. Posts made by this account do not reflect the current views of the original account owner.]
[This account has not been terminated, for archival reasons.]

cantab

Post by cantab » Mon Jun 08, 2020 8:59 am

CPS 2000. The legend. Got to be in there.

A pair of Arctic Blasts. One for me, one for a loaner. It's a shame the one I had broke, it was such great fun, even threatening the riot blast gets people running. It might not be a "real" CPS but compared to the stuff currently on sale it's still something else. I know some say the Flash Flood was more powerful, but I've never actually used one, and I prefer the AB's styling, so it gets my nod. Could mod it to take screw cap nozzles too.

CDMT

Post by CDMT » Wed Jun 24, 2020 7:10 pm

-XP150 original model with quarter turn twist off water tank and twist off front nozzle.

Best super soaker for all out high intensity soakfests where you want to push back your foe with a continuous stream.

-Homemade 2" pvc pipe stream machine like water gun with forward grip.

Great water gun for white water rafting. Easily outranges stream machines and is just as easy to refill.

-One piece homemade 1.05 liter accumulator tank water gun with 1.25 gallon tank.

Outranges the CPS 2000 and is the closest I've come to making a water gun that behaves like an XP 150 but with much greater pressure.

Now if we are talking commercially available only-

-XP-150 Mk1

-CPS 2000 Mk1

-CPS 3000

the oncoming storm

Post by the oncoming storm » Sun Jun 28, 2020 11:30 pm

I like those choices CDMT

Personally I think mine have changed a bit since I made this list.

XP 150
A solid light primary able to hold its own against 1200’s if you are careful. Good for mid range defensive and close quarters fighting.

XXP 275
Dark horse I know but I discovered that by running it on a single 2.5x I can hit 45’ on an otherwise stock gun, nozzle drills can throw a single 5x or 10x to 40’ (37’ for dual 5x) plus the large pump and water supply make it a solid long range defensive gun without sacrificing its otherworldly close quarters ability. Excellent mobility, CPS firepower, XP rate of fire, and over 250 shots at 45’ range makes it my personal favorite.

SS 300
The original heavy weapon still the best choice for long range defensive combat, arguably the only gun able to fight a CPS 2000 and have a fair chance of winning. It lacks the mobility to keep up with of 275 at close range but it makes up for it by throwing more water to it’s greater max range of 50’

marauder

Post by marauder » Thu Jul 02, 2020 4:51 pm

the oncoming storm wrote:
Sun Jun 28, 2020 11:30 pm
I like those choices CDMT

Personally I think mine have changed a bit since I made this list.

XP 150
A solid light primary able to hold its own against 1200’s if you are careful. Good for mid range defensive and close quarters fighting.

XXP 275
Dark horse I know but I discovered that by running it on a single 2.5x I can hit 45’ on an otherwise stock gun, nozzle drills can throw a single 5x or 10x to 40’ (37’ for dual 5x) plus the large pump and water supply make it a solid long range defensive gun without sacrificing its otherworldly close quarters ability. Excellent mobility, CPS firepower, XP rate of fire, and over 250 shots at 45’ range makes it my personal favorite.

SS 300
The original heavy weapon still the best choice for long range defensive combat, arguably the only gun able to fight a CPS 2000 and have a fair chance of winning. It lacks the mobility to keep up with of 275 at close range but it makes up for it by throwing more water to it’s greater max range of 50’
I love the 275 and 300, but am noticeably worse off at dodging with them. You can include the PPB as well. They are a lot of fun though.

The 150 holds a special place in my heart as well, but I think I'm best with an SC 600 with nodded nozzle in that class.

Good choices all around though.
https://hydrowar.wordpress.com/
SEAL wrote:If you ain't bloody and muddy by the end of the day, you went to a Nerf war.

the oncoming storm

Post by the oncoming storm » Fri Jul 03, 2020 6:18 pm

I’m convinced with 275 or 300 requires a lot of time to become proficient against CPS But once down they are useful primary’s.its basically that you either specialize with it or it’s at a disadvantage to the point most people wouldn’t try it.

Last time I used my 275 solo against a 1000 and a 2500 I made most of my hits running forward and shooting backwards while dodging incoming fire. Final score 14-11 victory.