Hands-On 2006 Super Soakers - ^

Discussions of all varieties of stock water guns and water blasters.
Hannibal

Post by Hannibal » Tue Feb 07, 2006 11:21 am

m15399 wrote:I think they havn't put everything out yet. There were a lot of other things on that shelf, and I'm betting they'll have the overload and maybe some other blasters.

I'm hoping Amazon will have more BB blasters this year, like Blazers, Hydra Paks, and some other guns. They've only had the LightEning :goofy: and Pirahna as the Hydro Power guns in the past.

I'm guessing that Walmart, Target or Toys Rn't Us will have the blasters I want. We'll see though.
EV Nova - Space action/RPG, for Windows and Mac!
http://www.ambrosiasw.com/games/evn/

"Look! a CPS 2000 10th anniversary edition! I'll buy two, one to keep, and one to use!"
*Takes them home, opens one, fills it, and pumps it up.*

"snap!"

"Oops, I guess it had a Max-D trigger."

isoaker

Post by isoaker » Fri Feb 10, 2006 8:14 pm

Next on the review schedule is the Oozinator. I won't be able to do much, though, 'til next week due to other obligations. Sadly, there doesn't seem to be much more information available yet regarding the Buzz Bee Toy Water Warriors line for 2006. With some luck, we'll be hearing more in the near future. Need to find where Big Bee is hiding. :goofy:

:cool:
:: Leave NO one dry! :: iSoaker.com .:

LIGHT ANNIHILATOR

Post by LIGHT ANNIHILATOR » Fri Feb 10, 2006 10:42 pm

ZOCCOZ wrote:
m15399 wrote:On topic: I just went to TRU to get a nerf gun, and what do you know! 2006 blasters! I saw:
Triple Agressor Rerelease

Ah yes. Of all re-releases they picked "Captain Lamo soaker" this year. And why not, its the same price on average as the CPS4100 but less production costs and smaller shelf space.
Perhaps other companies should adapt that strategy, since I always wanted to see Barbies Vacation in the PS2 greatest hits section.
lol
Need to find where Big Bee is hiding.

That's nearly impossible, it took us 7 months just to find big bee once, do you really think you can find him again? Good luck but I really wouldn't expect anything untill march.

:soakon2:
E3:2006: Tune to G4 for live E3 coverage in May for info on the hottest new consoles and games.

cooldood31

Post by cooldood31 » Sat Feb 11, 2006 10:14 am

MARCH?! Are you crazy? The new soakers are ussually out by then. We'll probably hear about the new soakers within half a month from one of our Australian correspondants.

Come on Big Bee! ME NEED SPLATBLASTER PICS NOW!!!!

isoaker

Post by isoaker » Sat Feb 11, 2006 10:53 am

do you really think you can find him again

I have my ways.

Wild Boys

Post by Wild Boys » Tue Feb 14, 2006 2:42 pm

Any news on how the Ooozinator review is going iSoaker, and also your views on how it performs?

Weirdly, the Ooozinator is really the only blaster of 2006 that interests me. It looks quite cool and funky, and me and my other two friends who like soaking will probably find that squirting ooze at each other in a war and in general will be quite funny knowing us! :laugh:

Most people will probably think "what he Wild Boys been on lately?!" But really I'm quite taken by the Ooozinator for some reason. :goofy:

Soaker Master

Post by Soaker Master » Tue Feb 14, 2006 6:51 pm

I hope the Ozzinator will have good range. I think that Hasbro is going to make a good deal of money off the Ozzinator because alot of people are going to be buying refill cans for the ozze part. I think that it would be interesting if somebody made a war story with a Ozzinator in it in the fan stories section of isoaker.com. :cooll: :soakw2000:

Edited By Soaker Master on 1139961141

isoaker

Post by isoaker » Wed Feb 15, 2006 7:09 am

With a little luck, I'll get time to do some of the stats on the Oozinator tonight and post up some initial findings. At present, though, I don't have plans to open the Ooze package until I can at least do some range shots on it (somehow, I doubt it'll keep once opened so I want to do all the stats measurements on the Ooze-stuff once open). However, from what I gathered from ChrisReid's earlier post, the Oozinator's ooze nozzle may be usable filling with just water. Thus, to some degree, it may still be testable (though, of course, it won't necessarily behave the same when loaded with Ooze).

Wild Boys

Post by Wild Boys » Wed Feb 15, 2006 8:01 am

Interesting, I had a slight feeling building up in me that you be able to shoot water out of the ooze nozzle as well as the main water shooting nozzle (it did have two nozzles from what I heard, right?). I'm looking forward to the stats, and I think I might actually buy an Oozinator or two if its performance is to what I would like it to be. The only thing that worries me about the Oozinator is not the gun itself, but the cost of the ooze refill packs and their availability, if they are a rip off price for a poor number of packs then that would be a bit disappointing. Although, I guess you can still shoot water out of the nozzles by the looks of it, even though it focuses on ooze as well.

It also looks the Oozinator has two pumps as well. Amazon has a very good picture of it. If you see on the bottom where the ooze is stored there looks like there is a pump which feeds the ooze nozzle, and above there is a normal pump which must feed the water shooting nozzle. What would be really good is if you can shoot out of both nozzles at the same time, but I am not sure about this as I only see one trigger. If you can then that would be really good. I don't know whether its just me, but I feel that the ooze may just be green coloured water, probably not knowing Hasbro! :goofy:

Here is the pic from Amazon:

People may have seen it already, but there you go.

:soakon2:

Edited By Wild Boys on 1140010066

isoaker

Post by isoaker » Wed Feb 15, 2006 8:32 am

From my understanding, the lower pump shoots upon pumping. Thus, you can shoot both at once since one can pump the lower one while squeezing the trigger to operate the normal nozzle.

While I've got boxed pics, I've yet to open mine. Stats and picture taking tonight, though apart from some stats and perhaps a pic or two, no set date on when a full review will be posted.

Wild Boys

Post by Wild Boys » Wed Feb 15, 2006 8:37 am

Thanks for the information iSoaker. Wow! That's dead cool, well, to me it is! It does support my theory of shooting both at once, which makes me personally think that that is a clever idea from Hasbro for once!

I understand why you may want to keep it new, as it is a sort of novelty soaker which some people like like to keep new, your not alone anyway, as I like to keep some of my soakers new for the same purposes too! :goofy:

I would actually be happy with just seeing new in box pics, as then I can see what the box and gun look like more.

Thanks again for this iSoaker.

:)

Edited By Wild Boys on 1140011103

isoaker

Post by isoaker » Wed Feb 15, 2006 8:47 am

I, actually, want to see the Ooze and do some other tests on it. However, since I don't want to be going through multiple 'Ooze' refills, I'm opting not to open the Ooze-part until I can do range tests. Need warmer weather. My personal feeling is that the 'ooze' is a mix of sugar or starch plus water and some food colouring. :goofy:

Wild Boys

Post by Wild Boys » Wed Feb 15, 2006 8:54 am

isoaker_com wrote:My personal feeling is that the 'ooze' is a mix of sugar or starch plus water and some food colouring. :goofy:
You could be right there! :goofy:

Probably something like that anyway. I'm really starting to lean towards buying an Oozinator now though.

The only other thing that puzzles me now is whether the main water shooting nozzle is powered by by a separate firing chamber (it looks like it might be) or is PR based. I know know that the ooze is piston powered.

:)

Soaker Master

Post by Soaker Master » Wed Feb 15, 2006 6:57 pm

I might just buy a Ozzinator now,accept that my money is probably not going to last long. I am going to be broke soon.

dragonclass

Post by dragonclass » Fri Feb 17, 2006 11:40 am

Here's an interesting FF recolor for Sharper Image:

Brad Beaty
Engineman 1st class(ret)
US Naval Expeditionary Command(NECC)

Don't think outside the box...There Is No Box

isoaker

Post by isoaker » Fri Feb 17, 2006 2:36 pm

Funky! A silver Flash Flood! I wonder how much it's going for. I'd assume it'd be a little more expensive than the standard model.

dragonclass

Post by dragonclass » Fri Feb 17, 2006 3:08 pm

It's $39.95+tax/shipping, but comes with the aqua-pack.
So, it looks like they grabbed the best "combo" of this model year. Later, Brad

Edited By dragonclass on 1140210410
Brad Beaty
Engineman 1st class(ret)
US Naval Expeditionary Command(NECC)

Don't think outside the box...There Is No Box

Hannibal

Post by Hannibal » Fri Feb 17, 2006 5:00 pm

Here's the link.

Looks interesting. :;):

I wonder how they got Hasbro to do a recolor for them. Would it be possible for someone to ask Hasbro to make some, say, CPS 2000's or 2500's for them, assuming it was a large quanity?

"Look! a CPS 2000 10th anniversary edition! I'll buy two, one to keep, and one to use!"

"snap!"

Soaker Master

Post by Soaker Master » Fri Feb 17, 2006 5:20 pm

I wonder who would buy a silver Flash Flood. It's so shiny I think that it could easily give off your location on the battlefield, especially with the sun reflecting off it.

Hannibal

Post by Hannibal » Fri Feb 17, 2006 5:24 pm

Soaker Master wrote:I wonder who would buy a silver Flash Flood. It's so shiny I think that it could easily give off your location on the battlefield, especially with the sun reflecting off it.
It's not like a bright green or arange FF is any more stealthy. :D My CPS 2000 certainly isn't stealthy with its really loud pump I need to fix. I don't know as if camo matters much, unless you are really playing hardcore. I don't even think Dux's team relies too much on camo.

"snap!"