Adventure Force Super Storm - Walmart CPS

Discussions of all varieties of stock water guns and water blasters.
Tim

Re: Adventure Force Super Storm - Walmart CPS

Post by Tim » Sun Feb 05, 2017 8:37 pm

'
isoaker - Does this mean there's no Adventure Force Product Evolution Tree in the works?

VR,

Tim

isoaker

Post by isoaker » Mon Feb 06, 2017 8:14 am

Tim wrote:'
isoaker - Does this mean there's no Adventure Force Product Evolution Tree in the works?
I won't rule out that *someone else* might be interested in such an undertaking. As for me, I'm being a little more picky on where I choose to spend my limited budget on things.

:cool:
:: Leave NO one dry! :: iSoaker.com .:

Buffdaddy

Post by Buffdaddy » Mon Feb 06, 2017 12:18 pm

isoaker wrote:Well, did a little more testing on my Adventure Force Super Storm - I really couldn't get it to pump much more per stroke than ~4mL (and I can only guess that it pumps less than that as the pressure chamber fills). As for the pressure chamber, mine seems to max out at ~65mL (~2.2oz), but that takes me a good 40 pumps to achieve that. Most of my typical shots blast out roughly 45mL (~1.5oz) per full shot. As BuffDaddy noted, I am not able to do tap shots, even on the smallest nozzle setting. One pull and this blaster just wanted to keep blasting until out of pressure.

Wait, 40 pumps??? Dear god, you must have a lemon.

isoaker

Post by isoaker » Mon Feb 06, 2017 1:52 pm

Buffdaddy wrote:Wait, 40 pumps??? Dear god, you must have a lemon.
That is possible, but there were no signs of any damage on the blaster or packaging, so couldn't tell. That said, I've put a note on my review pointing to BuffDaddy's blog review as well, noting the possibility that the model tested by me may be defective. However, were I to disregard the pump issue, the rest of this particular blaster's performance doesn't inspire me enough to wish to go back and exchange and/or acquire another one for testing. It's nice to see another manufacturer making a water blaster that uses CPS-like technology, but the small chamber size, nozzle valve issues, limited output, and other shortcomings means there's a lot of room for improvement.

Here's to hoping they continue to refine their build and design in order to release a better blaster in the future!

:: Leave NO one dry! :: iSoaker.com .:

Black Six

Post by Black Six » Sun Feb 19, 2017 11:19 pm

Tim wrote: Prime Time Toys will be in booth 2903 at Toy Fair. Perhaps you could swing by?
So I stopped by the Prime Time Toys booth, and the only water guns of any sort they had were some basic piston blasters, which they wouldn't even let you take pictures of. I didn't really see any other water guns of note either. One distributor had some Water Warriors on display, but it was nothing new.
"It's not that life's so short, it's just that you're dead for so long."
-Anonymous
-=+Maximum Soakage+=-

Tim

Post by Tim » Thu Mar 23, 2017 12:37 pm

PTT finally did get back to me. Perhaps I did not have the appropriate contacts initially. By now, they've seen isoaker's & Buff's reviews and this thread. They would like me to provide some additional feedback. So, they said they "would love to send some samples of the Super Storm and some other products from the line." I'll let you know if I actually get anything in the mail. This communication is another step in the right direction. Again, don't expect a CPS 2000 reboot. We have to be realistic about our feedback, keeping the current market and manufacturing economy in mind.

VR,

Tim