Adventure Force Super Storm - Walmart CPS

Discussions of all varieties of stock water guns and water blasters.
Buffdaddy

Adventure Force Super Storm - Walmart CPS

Post by Buffdaddy » Mon Jan 23, 2017 8:51 am

I already did a review and pictures, so here's the link.

http://www.buffdaddynerf.com/2017/01/ad ... y.html?m=1

Feel free to rip pics and info as desired.

Works better than expected!
Last edited by Buffdaddy on Sat Feb 04, 2017 4:04 am, edited 1 time in total.

SEAL
WWN League Team: Catskill Mountain SEALs

Re: Adventure Force Storm Surge - Walmart CPS

Post by SEAL » Mon Jan 23, 2017 12:37 pm

Oh wow, that's pretty cool. I guess now that the patent has expired, CPS is fair game for any manufacturer. Hopefully we'll start seeing more in the future. That's pretty lame that you can't take tap-shots though. Although I guess it's not such a big deal with that tiny PC. I thought the Gargantua's was small! That said, 40' gets you into the cool kids club, and completely dominates anything from Hasbro. Not bad for an off-brand! That's like a Chinese Corolla knockoff outperforming a Ferrari.

I'm hoping that this is a sign of things to come. CPS is on the market, y'all! Nothing definite from BBT has surfaced yet, but it would be reeeeaaaaal nice if they made a Vindicator-level blaster with better ergonomics. Then from there we can move on to 1500 level, and so on... Newer products are supposed to be improvements over old ones, not the other way around. Although these are toys we're talking about...
~Hotel Oscar Golf~

We probably won't be back, but the legacy lives on.

marauder
WWN League Team: Havoc

Post by marauder » Mon Jan 23, 2017 5:53 pm

Wow, this is a good sign of things to come. I still don't understand why companies are using such tiny pumps and PCs, but whatever, this is exciting. Take some pictures of it in action if you can.
https://hydrowar.wordpress.com/
SEAL wrote:If you ain't bloody and muddy by the end of the day, you went to a Nerf war.

Drenchenator

Post by Drenchenator » Mon Jan 23, 2017 8:48 pm

This is definitely a good sign. I hope we find more new CPS blasters too, since this one seems a bit on the small side, but it's a welcome addition.
The Drenchenator, also known as Lt. Col. Drench

marauder

Post by marauder » Tue Jan 24, 2017 10:13 am

The Gargantua was actually pretty decent in size. This one looks like a good size too. Similar to the Gargantua, the PC is just really small. Even so, I'd like to see what it could do.
https://hydrowar.wordpress.com/
SEAL wrote:If you ain't bloody and muddy by the end of the day, you went to a Nerf war.

Tim

Re: Adventure Force Super Storm - Walmart CPS

Post by Tim » Tue Jan 24, 2017 9:04 pm

Thanks for sharing, Buff. I was curious about these when I saw them at Walmart last week.

By the way, nice blog, dude. Clear and concise. You should post here more often when you have applicable news on your site. Don't wait another 3 years to let us know what you're up to. :-D

Have you communicated with Prime Time Toys at all? Are they receptive to design input for their 2018 lineup? (No; I'm not talking about the kind of input where we beg for the reincarnation of the CPS 2000...unless they'd do it.) Additionally, I feel they could brand this a little better with the packaging. The words "Continuous Stream" are small and partially covered, and something more like "Continuous Pressure" may catch the eye better. They have to suck in the masses, not just the trained eye. Also, "38 Feet"? I appreciate that they refrained from embellishing, but if you hit 40 feet easily, "40 Feet" should have been on the packaging; it looks a lot better than 38. Bravo to Prime Time Toys though, this is a nice step in the right direction.

VR,

Tim
Last edited by Tim on Sat Feb 04, 2017 10:15 pm, edited 1 time in total.

TheSoaker

Post by TheSoaker » Tue Jan 24, 2017 11:09 pm

That's an interesting bladder there, it's got some kind of mesh texture. Usually they are smooth.
super soaker cps 2000......SUPER SOAKER CPS 2000!!!!!!!!!1!!!1!!one

Tim

Post by Tim » Wed Jan 25, 2017 2:23 am

TheSoaker makes a good point. This is not a molded product like in the Super Soakers. That texture is indicative of a mandrel-made hose. Natural gum rubber usually comes in tan or red, but black might be available in China. Butyl, EPDM, and SBR are possibilities, but these hoses usually have wire or cord reinforcement. I suppose this could be a custom hose without reinforcement (further disassembly would be required to see if there is reinforcement in the cross section). Of these rubbers, SBR is the least expensive, but natural gum rubber is nearly as economical.

VR,

Tim
Last edited by Tim on Sat Feb 04, 2017 10:15 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Buffdaddy

Post by Buffdaddy » Fri Jan 27, 2017 4:42 pm

Tim wrote:Thanks for sharing, Buff. I was curious about these when I saw them at Walmart last week.

By the way, nice blog, dude. Clear and concise. You should post here more often when you have applicable news on your site. Don't wait another 3 years to let us know what you're up to. :-D

Have you communicated with Prime Time Toys at all? Are they receptive to design input for their 2018 lineup? (No; I'm not talking about the kind of input where we beg for the reincarnation of the CPS 2000...unless they'd do it.) Additionally, I feel they could brand this a little better with the packaging. The words "Continuous Stream" are small and partially covered, and something more like "Continuous Pressure" may catch the eye better. They have to suck in the masses, not just the trained eye. Also, "38 Feet"? I appreciate that they refrained from embellishing, but if you hit 40 feet easily, "40 Feet" should have been on the packaging; it looks a lot better than 38. Bravo to Prime Time Toys though, this is a nice step in the right direction.

VR,

Tim
I'll try not to fall off the map for so long!

Yeah, it was odd how the Walmart.com listed says constant pressure, but not the packaging. I'll have to get a video up when it's not freezing or raining. Just throw the action cam in its case, put on the ground that far away, and aim for it!

I haven't talked to PTT, but I'm in the middle of updating connections to people. For example, once things actually clear for approval, I'll be at Toy Fair seeing Buzz Bee's stuff in three weeks. Really excited! I'm sure people buying these and leaving positive reviews on Walmart's website would help. If anything else, I can look to see if I have a direct connection hiding somewhere. If all else fairs, tag them online in social media.

Tim

Post by Tim » Sat Jan 28, 2017 11:19 pm

Buff,

"...once things actually clear for approval, I'll be at Toy Fair..." - Are you in the toy industry?

Prime Time Toys will be in booth 2903 at Toy Fair. Perhaps you could swing by?

Can you post photos when you return from Toy Fair?

Thanks,

Tim
Last edited by Tim on Sat Feb 04, 2017 10:16 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Black Six

Post by Black Six » Sun Jan 29, 2017 10:43 pm

Tim wrote:Buff,

"...once things actually clear for approval, I'll be at Toy Fair..." - Are you in the toy industry?

Thanks,

Tim
I'll be at Toy Fair. I'll do my best to take some pictures, probably sharing them on my Twitter.
"It's not that life's so short, it's just that you're dead for so long."
-Anonymous
-=+Maximum Soakage+=-

scottthewaterwarrior
WWN League Team: Catskill Mountain SEALs

Post by scottthewaterwarrior » Mon Jan 30, 2017 12:50 pm

One of these years I need to go up there during Toy Fair. Honestly I'd be just as interested in talking to the guys at Rokenbok as I would the water gun companies.
"If you are wet at the end of a water war, you are doing it wrong"
Van: "What happened?" SEAL: "Scott Happened"
Alex: "But the stream is cold." Me: "It's fine, my feet really hurt, now they're numb!"

Buffdaddy

Post by Buffdaddy » Mon Jan 30, 2017 2:38 pm

Tim wrote:Buff,

Thanks,

Tim
I write things for Blasterhub, so essentially I'm going as Press. I just had to wait on the Toy Fair people to look at the documentation I provided and accept it.

I have to take time and see where all the booths are, but I'll add that to the top of the list!

Tim

Post by Tim » Thu Feb 02, 2017 8:14 pm

Black Six - Thanks! I'll keep a lookout on Twitter. I see lot's of Bionicle stuff. Are you a BZPower admin?

Buffdaddy - Oh, cool! I'm looking forward to your update. Blasterhub is a great site. The Rival Nemesis looks pretty sweet. I'm guessing the Rival ammo is closed-cell foam. Is there any generic Rival ammo that is open-cell foam? Any chance it will shoot open-cell ammo saturated in water? Sounds like a good experiment for Drac.

VR,

Tim

Black Six

Post by Black Six » Thu Feb 02, 2017 10:49 pm

Tim wrote:Black Six - Thanks! I'll keep a lookout on Twitter. I see lot's of Bionicle stuff. Are you a BZPower admin?
Yes, I am the same Black Six who runs BZPower. All of the LEGO stuff we cover at Toy Fair will be on the BZP accounts, but my personal interests, like Halo, Star Wars, and water guns will be on my own Twitter.
"It's not that life's so short, it's just that you're dead for so long."
-Anonymous
-=+Maximum Soakage+=-

Tim

Post by Tim » Fri Feb 03, 2017 8:13 am

'
What?!? You are Andrew B. from the old KP days? <bows in honor>

isoaker

Post by isoaker » Fri Feb 03, 2017 10:02 pm

Just picked up one of these based on recommendations and wanting to be aware of what else is on the market. However, mine doesn't seem to be achieving the same stats as BuffDaddy's. I'm only measuring around 4-5mL per pump (I actually thought mine was broken at first since I felt no major resistance). Pump stroke length is remarkably short given this blaster's overall size. I've also only gotten roughly 45mL into the pressure chamber before it seems to refuse taking any additional water. I'll re-measure things again later. Power from the larger and burst sprays feel pretty good. Range testing will need to wait until better weather, though.

As an aside, why is this thread entitled "Storm Surge" when the box says "Super Storm" on the front and back panels?

:cool:
:: Leave NO one dry! :: iSoaker.com .:

Tim

Re: Adventure Force "Storm Surge" - Walmart CPS

Post by Tim » Sat Feb 04, 2017 1:58 am

meh?

Last edited by Tim on Sat Feb 04, 2017 10:26 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Buffdaddy

Post by Buffdaddy » Sat Feb 04, 2017 4:04 am

isoaker wrote:Just picked up one of these based on recommendations and wanting to be aware of what else is on the market. However, mine doesn't seem to be achieving the same stats as BuffDaddy's. I'm only measuring around 4-5mL per pump (I actually thought mine was broken at first since I felt no major resistance). Pump stroke length is remarkably short given this blaster's overall size. I've also only gotten roughly 45mL into the pressure chamber before it seems to refuse taking any additional water. I'll re-measure things again later. Power from the larger and burst sprays feel pretty good. Range testing will need to wait until better weather, though.

As an aside, why is this thread entitled "Storm Surge" when the box says "Super Storm" on the front and back panels?

OH GOD I FEEL SO STUPID NOW.

I edited the original post, so now the title is ok. Everyone's subjects on their posts, I can't do a thing about. When I get another warm day, I'll grab mine out again and remeasure, just to be sure.

isoaker

Post by isoaker » Sun Feb 05, 2017 2:58 pm

Well, did a little more testing on my Adventure Force Super Storm - I really couldn't get it to pump much more per stroke than ~4mL (and I can only guess that it pumps less than that as the pressure chamber fills). As for the pressure chamber, mine seems to max out at ~65mL (~2.2oz), but that takes me a good 40 pumps to achieve that. Most of my typical shots blast out roughly 45mL (~1.5oz) per full shot. As BuffDaddy noted, I am not able to do tap shots, even on the smallest nozzle setting. One pull and this blaster just wanted to keep blasting until out of pressure.

:: Leave NO one dry! :: iSoaker.com .: