2017 Nerf Super Soakers

Discussions of all varieties of stock water guns and water blasters.
SEAL
WWN League Team: Catskill Mountain SEALs

2017 Nerf Super Soakers

Post by SEAL » Sat Nov 19, 2016 1:26 pm

It appears that isoakah has posted some '17 NSS information on his new website.

So let's see, we got a water/nerf gun hybrid (throwback to those Switch Shots or whatever they were called), another addition to Hasbro's endless pool of piston guns, a weird flying sprinkler thing (which is actually kinda cool, even if it's not actually a water gun), and two Rebelle piston pumpers. Whoa there Hasbro, slow down!

Probably not even worth posting about, but this site needs more posts, so what the hey. Crazy to think that it's been over 20 years since the CPS 2000 came out. Super Soaker as a brand has fallen a long way in those two decades. Hopefully BBT steps up their game for 2017. The Gargantua was a good start, but I'm hoping to see a Vindicator-level blaster next year.
~Hotel Oscar Golf~

We probably won't be back, but the legacy lives on.

marauder
WWN League Team: Havoc

Re: 2017 Nerf Super Soakers

Post by marauder » Tue Nov 22, 2016 12:36 pm

The dartfire and flying sprinkler look cool. If we had CPS guns last year I would be raising hell, but the bar is so low that... yeah. The use of piston pumpers is simply because they are so easy/cheap to produce. Hasbro can max profit because they can sell them for just as expensive.

Really looking forward to what BBT brings to the table. Gargantua was great.

*edit*
Why is isoaker doing this art of soaking thing rather than just putting it on his main website?
https://hydrowar.wordpress.com/
SEAL wrote:If you ain't bloody and muddy by the end of the day, you went to a Nerf war.

SEAL

Post by SEAL » Thu Dec 01, 2016 8:34 pm

^I think he did put it on his main website as well. Or rather, he links to Art of Soaking from isoaker.com.

Anyway, he posted a bunch of new images, and found another new model. This is like the 5th "ice water" blaster they've came out with. It's such an incredibly stupid gimmick as well. I remember putting ice cubes into my Arctic Blast almost a decade ago (!!!), only to find that the hose water was already cold enough so that it didn't make the slightest difference, hahaha.

And no, it's not pressurized. Hasbro seriously ought to just rename the brand to Nerf Power Soaker.
~Hotel Oscar Golf~

We probably won't be back, but the legacy lives on.

the oncoming storm

Post by the oncoming storm » Tue Dec 06, 2016 6:00 pm

Another disappointing year for nerf SS's But thankfully the CPS patent expired in late 2015 and 2017 should be another huge wave of new WW guns. Hopefully that means even more CPS type blasters next year than just Gargantua and Waterlord (Still the coolest name ever)
If you ever bother reading these, I worry for your mental sanity. :oo:

DX

Post by DX » Tue Dec 13, 2016 2:28 pm

I have pretty much stopped caring at this point. I'll be interested in seeing what Buzz Bee puts out, but that's it.
marauder wrote:You have to explain things in terms that kids will understand, like videogames^ That's how I got Sam to stop using piston pumpers

marauder

Post by marauder » Tue Dec 13, 2016 4:14 pm

DX wrote:I have pretty much stopped caring at this point. I'll be interested in seeing what Buzz Bee puts out, but that's it.
My thoughts, verbatim. I had someone ask me the other day, "Super Soakers, do people still do those? They used to be so big."
SEAL wrote:If you ain't bloody and muddy by the end of the day, you went to a Nerf war.

jSpazz

Post by jSpazz » Wed Feb 08, 2017 2:46 pm

WalcomS7 posted a video review of the Dartfire. He focuses on the dart firing capability of the blaster, which uses a double action trigger prime that has not been seen for some time in the Nerf world. No surprises about its water blasting capability, which is barely mentioned.

scottthewaterwarrior

Post by scottthewaterwarrior » Mon Feb 13, 2017 12:11 pm

I have an old Nerf Switch Shot, it is in my pile of broken blasters. If I get around to fixing it this summer, I might buy a DartFire just to compare the two. The Switch Shot wasn't that great as a water blaster, but it was still pressurized unlike the DartFire. I totally want to buy that sprinkler thing, I love novelty water stuff, like my Mount Tiki-Soaki. Hasbro's problem is that they make nothing but novelty items!

I finally managed to pick up a NSS Thunderstorm, so now I can make a video comparing it to my CPS 2500! No one who is coming to Soakemore happens to have a broken Thunderstorm by any chance? I want to end the video by making it blow up after getting shot by my 2500, but I'd rather not destroy a working water gun, even a NSS one.

Also new for 2017, the great condition CPS 2700 I found thrifting, lol!
"If you are wet at the end of a water war, you are doing it wrong"
Van: "What happened?" SEAL: "Scott Happened"
Alex: "But the stream is cold." Me: "It's fine, my feet really hurt, now they're numb!"

DX

Post by DX » Mon Feb 13, 2017 3:26 pm

I have a broken/burnt out Thunderstorm that you can destroy on camera, but remind me again when Soakemore gets closer.
marauder wrote:You have to explain things in terms that kids will understand, like videogames^ That's how I got Sam to stop using piston pumpers

marauder

Post by marauder » Tue Feb 14, 2017 10:00 am

scottthewaterwarrior wrote:Also new for 2017, the great condition CPS 2700 I found thrifting, lol!
So jealous!