Anything to match the old Supersoaker Flashflood

Discussions of all varieties of stock water guns and water blasters.
anyone

Anything to match the old Supersoaker Flashflood

Post by anyone » Tue Apr 19, 2016 6:28 am

Hello,

my old Flashflood is failing me (not pumping anymore).

Is there any manufacturers out there that is finally producing a decent water gun that can match up with those old super soakers?

TheSoaker

Re: Anything to match the old Supersoaker Flashflood

Post by TheSoaker » Tue Apr 19, 2016 12:26 pm

Not these days. You might want to try ebay. I'd recommend buying a CPS 1200, theres a few on there for cheap and its really good.
super soaker cps 2000......SUPER SOAKER CPS 2000!!!!!!!!!1!!!1!!one

SEAL
WWN League Team: Catskill Mountain SEALs

Post by SEAL » Tue Apr 19, 2016 1:07 pm

If you don't want to go to the used market you can get a Gargantua from like Walmart or something. They are superior to the Flash Flood and competitive with medium-sized blasters like the 1200.
~Hotel Oscar Golf~

We probably won't be back, but the legacy lives on.

anyone

Post by anyone » Tue Apr 19, 2016 3:12 pm

I don't know the Gargantua has a rather tiny bladder. The Waterlord oder Gorgon look more interesting stats wise..

SSCBen

Post by SSCBen » Tue Apr 19, 2016 6:29 pm

Alternatively, you could try to repair your Flash Flood. What exactly is the problem with the pump? Could be as simple as replacing the seal with an off-the shelf part or removing a clog.

DX

Post by DX » Wed Apr 20, 2016 1:31 am

The Gargantua is much easier to wield than a Waterlord or Gorgon, and its larger pump makes it easier to keep fully-pumped up. Never go by stats alone when field use data is available. XP 150s, for example, aren't terribly interesting on paper, but own for reasons that don't show up on stat sheets. This is like evaluating job candidates only on experience, without considering their soft skills and EQ. Gargantuas can make CPS 1000s run, so they should eat Flash Floods for lunch.
marauder wrote:You have to explain things in terms that kids will understand, like videogames^ That's how I got Sam to stop using piston pumpers

anyone

Post by anyone » Wed Apr 20, 2016 1:55 am

I guess I could repair it but it gives to much troubles, the flash flood nozzle isn't working reliable anymore too.

The Gargantuas stream on the lowest setting is only half as long as the Flash Floods. And the Waterlord shoots that 5 times longer. Sound like i'd be only pumping with the Gargantua.

Stats wise the pump is the smallest from the 3 (even though they are pretty much at same level) but on the Gargantua it only has to fill up 160ml instead of 500ml on the other 2.

marauder
WWN League Team: Havoc

Post by marauder » Wed Apr 20, 2016 7:20 am

The Gargantua is a great example of how intangibles are often more important than raw stats - also see Super Soaker XP 150. I really need to get my review up to show you what I mean.

The Waterlord does have a longer shot time, but it is also a bit difficult to hold and the pump can come out fairly easily due to poor design. The Gorgon is arguably the most powerful of the three (maybe the Waterlord matches), but it has durability issues. I have improved my Gorgon and added a 4x nozzle that increased the range to 42 ft, which is pretty brutal (if you're on the opposite end that is).

If you're interested, I may be open to selling you my Gorgon. It has tactical rails on it, pump intake mod to increase pump efficiency, and has that sick 4x nozzle for 42 ft range.
https://hydrowar.wordpress.com/
SEAL wrote:If you ain't bloody and muddy by the end of the day, you went to a Nerf war.

DX

Post by DX » Wed Apr 20, 2016 1:49 pm

The Gargantuas stream on the lowest setting is only half as long as the Flash Floods.
The Flash Flood's regular nozzle is so small and ineffective that it's almost not worth using. Back when the Ridgewood Militia had a lot of Flash Floods, we rarely even bothered to skirmish with the reg nozzle - it was all about ambushing or rushing and trying to get them with the flood nozzle.

Gorgons have the most raw power potential, but they're only that good if you can keep them working 100%. My Gorgon has an 11x nozzle that somewhat hits 41ft, but it also has a pump that barely functions. Plus, it takes a lot of pumps to keep full. The Gargantua, being true CPS, is usable with minimal pumping, but Gorgons and Waterlords are only usable at or near full pumps. Despite HP design, the Waterlord is exactly like an AP blaster and the drop-off curve follows that of air pressure all the way to empty. It has more range than a Gargantua, but unless you are always around full pressure, you lose that advantage.
marauder wrote:You have to explain things in terms that kids will understand, like videogames^ That's how I got Sam to stop using piston pumpers

anyone

Post by anyone » Wed Apr 20, 2016 1:56 pm

Thats all sounds so unsatisfying and the FlashFlood was the most fun with the "FlashFlood". Guess I'll have to fix that pump.

marauder
WWN League Team: Havoc

Post by marauder » Wed Apr 20, 2016 3:25 pm

Well, if you are just concerned about massive output you can always find another one on Ebay, or an Arctic Blast, which is like a Flash Flood Light. If you don't care about size and you are just looking for massive output why not a Monster XL or pretty much any CPS blaster?

Gorgons with nozzle mods are pretty good too, as Duxburian and I noted.
https://hydrowar.wordpress.com/
SEAL wrote:If you ain't bloody and muddy by the end of the day, you went to a Nerf war.

anyone

Post by anyone » Thu Apr 21, 2016 1:20 am

1st there aren't that many on sale on ebay anymore

2nd if they are they are tooooooooooooo expensive

TheSoaker

Post by TheSoaker » Thu Apr 21, 2016 10:24 am

anyone wrote:1st there aren't that many on sale on ebay anymore

2nd if they are they are tooooooooooooo expensive

heres a cheap thing: http://www.ebay.com/itm/Vintage-Larami- ... SwzvlW-Xcq

anyone

Post by anyone » Thu Apr 21, 2016 3:17 pm

One that isn't shipping to Europe. Box that size would probably cost 50$ or more after that add import taxes based on the sum of the product and shipping costs.

SSCBen

Post by SSCBen » Thu Apr 21, 2016 6:22 pm

To me, it's sounds like a repair is the easiest way forward. Please describe all the problems in more detail and we could see what needs to be done to fix the gun up.

anyone

Post by anyone » Fri Apr 22, 2016 2:31 pm

The pump does not transport water anymore, guess the valve thingy that decides if water should get out of the tank and then up to the bladder is stuck.

SSCBen

Post by SSCBen » Fri Apr 22, 2016 4:16 pm

Does the pump move? If the valve were clogged then it likely would not. Sounds to me like the pump seal failed.

Take apart the Flash Flood and take some photos of the pump and pump seal, if you can.

anyone

Post by anyone » Sat Apr 23, 2016 4:44 am

The pump lever moves and looks fine, so do the 2 rubber seals on the lever. The error seems to be in the part that is glued together.

TheSoaker

Post by TheSoaker » Sat Apr 23, 2016 3:00 pm

anyone wrote:The pump lever moves and looks fine, so do the 2 rubber seals on the lever. The error seems to be in the part that is glued together.
Then the problem must be a bad check valve in the pump. I used to have a flash flood and the same thing happened to me but that was when I didn't know of the water warfare community.

anyone

Post by anyone » Sat Apr 23, 2016 4:52 pm

Is it fixable without breaking it apart and gluing it back together? Maybe I can somehow clean it to get it unstuck.