2016 Water Warriors

Discussions of all varieties of stock water guns and water blasters.
SEAL
WWN League Team: Catskill Mountain SEALs

2016 Water Warriors

Post by SEAL » Wed Dec 23, 2015 4:59 pm

Anybody seen these on isoaker.net? They seem to have three separate lines this year (or maybe they did last year too): "Power Pump", "Air Pressure", and "Constant Pressure". The Power Pump line is of no interest to me (what's with the Aqua Wheel though?), but for the Air Pressure line, they brought back the Argon and Xenon (not the Krypton though; naturally, it was the biggest one). Does anybody have an Argon or Xenon? I don't know much about them, and I don't think anyone's ever brought any of the pre-chargers to a war. Obviously the Gargantua, the only new member of the Constant Pressure line (which I assume includes the Waterlord as well), is the most interesting. It looks smaller than the Waterlord though, so I'm guessing it sits firmly in the light weapons category.

Another thing; does anyone else find their new guns incredibly ugly and cheap-looking? Compared to the Argon and Xenon, they look like big dollar-store water guns. I had the same complaints about this year's (2015) line too. It's like the paintjob people got lazy.
~Hotel Oscar Golf~

We probably won't be back, but the legacy lives on.

marauder
WWN League Team: Havoc

Re: 2016 Water Warriors

Post by marauder » Thu Dec 24, 2015 8:44 am

Wow, I really don't understand why isoaker doesn't post here anymore if he's still putting so much time into his site.

2016 may be great if for no other reason than the Gargantua. I think it looks very promising and smartly designed. Everyone on this board may not like the angular design, but they are going after Nerf with that look, which I think is smart. The colors are also closer to Nerf colors, and I think that the silver and cyan look much better than bleed my eyes lime and yellow. It also looks like they listened to us, semi-tracked pump, hydropower, not too many or too few nozzle options (3 is perfect), and better weight balance. You can just look at this and tell that this will be easier to manuever with than a Waterlord, Gorgon, Vindicator; or rather a Blazer or Lightning which is more likely to be similar in size.

I see this as more of a Colossus, or Colossus 2 with a greater rate of fire due to having an elastic PC and a normal/not awful PC intake design. Another way of looking at this is as a Lightning but with better handling and less superfluous weight. Either option would be pretty good in my book. The Blazer has proven to be a worthy primary, so if this thing is at least as powerful it should, along with the Blazer and some rare old guns, fill the void left by the Colossus series now that we know they're flawed.
https://hydrowar.wordpress.com/
SEAL wrote:If you ain't bloody and muddy by the end of the day, you went to a Nerf war.

SSCBen

Post by SSCBen » Thu Dec 24, 2015 3:18 pm

Yes, it's unclear why iSoaker doesn't post these things here. I hope we haven't made him feel unwelcome.

The Gargantua looks interesting, though I probably won't buy it. I agree the new BBT guns look like cheap dollar store guns. This is likely because (as I recall DX saying before) BBT is trying to compete on price, so that means the quality is going to suffer.

I'll also agree about maneuverability. The Gargantua looks nice and compact. Not sure what the dimensions are, though.

marauder

Post by marauder » Thu Dec 24, 2015 4:36 pm

SEAL wrote:If you ain't bloody and muddy by the end of the day, you went to a Nerf war.

SEAL

Post by SEAL » Sat Jan 02, 2016 4:50 pm

Don't know how many of you follow iSoaker on Facebook or Twitter, but check out what he posted the other day.

Apparently, the Gargantua does not use Hydro Power, but rather a full blown CPS system! :shock: The PC-looking thing is just ornamental. Definitely looking forward to the stats. I'm guessing it'll perform similarly to a Vanquisher, which isn't too shabby these days. iSoaker says it's only like 165 mL though, so shot time might be an issue.
~Hotel Oscar Golf~

SSCBen

Post by SSCBen » Sun Jan 03, 2016 3:33 pm

This is great news. Too bad about the PC size, but hopefully it's a sign of things to come.

the oncoming storm

Post by the oncoming storm » Sun Jan 03, 2016 3:51 pm

There looks like a lot of room to expand the chamber sideways so I'm sure you can add a slightly larger chamber casing and maybe some LRT to put it in the 10-12oz range without getting radical.

Power and consistency should be great seeing as it is a true CPS, unlike HP it shouldn't get choked up pushing nozzles larger than 4oz/s. Get out those drill bits and this could be a worthy light/medium primary like the Gorgon before it!

Expect me to buy one as soon as possible...
If you ever bother reading these, I worry for your mental sanity. :oo:

TheSoaker

Post by TheSoaker » Sun Jan 03, 2016 10:54 pm

Lol I have some CPS 2000 MK-1 spec LRT waiting
super soaker cps 2000......SUPER SOAKER CPS 2000!!!!!!!!!1!!!1!!one

marauder

Post by marauder » Mon Jan 04, 2016 1:01 pm

Wow, that's beautiful. 78 oz is a lot more than I thought originally (48 oz). Looks a lot like the Hydrocannon on the inside. Granted, the nozzle options look a lot better. I knew that the grey piece was a fake PC. Also, more images at http://www.isoaker.com/Armoury/Analysis ... images.php
TheSoaker wrote:Lol I have some CPS 2000 MK-1 spec LRT waiting
:lol:

Redd

Post by Redd » Mon Jan 18, 2016 2:39 pm

The Gargantua appears to be available at Walmart; I picked one up a few days ago. However, I live in a college dorm and the wind chill is -15 where I live, so I haven't had the chance to try it out yet.

Redd

Post by Redd » Fri Mar 04, 2016 5:33 pm

Good news: The Outlaw appears to again be available at Walmart this season. They're only $10 a pop, and are placed right next to those strange new pressurized reservoir Super Soakers. The Outlaw was just as big and $10 cheaper, so hopefully people pick 'em up and get a taste of quality water blasters.

TheSoaker

Post by TheSoaker » Mon Jun 06, 2016 2:27 pm

I've got new trademark names for some new blasters shown here. http://www.buffdaddynerf.com/2016/06/up ... tents.html
super soaker cps 2000......SUPER SOAKER CPS 2000!!!!!!!!!1!!!1!!one

marauder

Post by marauder » Mon Jun 06, 2016 3:13 pm

Wow, that's some early news! These look legit, though Aquavolver sounds like some knock off dollar store cologne lol

SEAL

Post by SEAL » Mon Jun 06, 2016 8:34 pm

These are probably for next year's lineup though. Let's try to guess what they'll be like! Drench Force sounds the most promising; Aquavolver and Fold 'n' Blast sound like gimmick guns. Not sure about Hydro Barrel, but it also sounds kinda gimmicky. I'm picturing like western-themed blasters with some of these names. Aquavolver could be a pistol that looks like a revolver, and Hydro Barrel could be like a shotgun thing.
~Hotel Oscar Golf~