Upcoming 2016 Nerf Blasters

Discussions of all varieties of stock water guns and water blasters.
jSpazz

Upcoming 2016 Nerf Blasters

Post by jSpazz » Mon Sep 28, 2015 11:12 am

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-N6xk0IAS4U

My brain was very effective at blocking the fact that Nerf released Super Soakers in 2015. But then I saw this.

The linked video shows some leaked images of unreleased Nerf Super Soakers. They both appear to be air pressure blasters. Neither of them look too exciting, but its something.

TheSoaker

Re: Upcoming 2016 Nerf Blasters

Post by TheSoaker » Mon Sep 28, 2015 11:59 am

lol Just as I predicted. They must have seen the waterlord and took the bait. I must be psychic or something.
super soaker cps 2000......SUPER SOAKER CPS 2000!!!!!!!!!1!!!1!!one

marauder
WWN League Team: Havoc

Post by marauder » Mon Sep 28, 2015 2:24 pm

That first one looks like it could have a decent size nozzle. I would expect the second one to be a pinch valve blaster like the SS 50 with a similar sized nozzle... well at least they are moving in the right direction.
https://hydrowar.wordpress.com/
SEAL wrote:If you ain't bloody and muddy by the end of the day, you went to a Nerf war.

SEAL
WWN League Team: Catskill Mountain SEALs

Post by SEAL » Mon Sep 28, 2015 4:45 pm

I guess there comes a point where things get so bad that they can't get any worse and have to start turning around, haha. I imagine they're still pretty lousy, but hey, they look cool. I'm glad they ditched the awful color scheme of '14-'15. Did you notice that the first one has some kind of Helix-esque blast in addition to the regular nozzle?

Of course, hoping for a WWn-level primary from either Hasbro or BBT is like hoping for the Cubs to win the world series (they do actually have a chance this year though, haha), but I guess these blasters would work well for young kids. I should get the people in my engineering club to help me build a superweapon. They said that they love to help members build stuff.
~Hotel Oscar Golf~

We probably won't be back, but the legacy lives on.

jja

Post by jja » Tue Sep 29, 2015 8:13 am

these are very interesting!

i am very glad to see the return of Air pressure to Super Soakers - it is the classic firing system after all. I am also really happy to see the return of the 2011-2013 color scheme.

of course the performance is the big question: do they use pinch trigger or proper pull/ball valves? how do they fare in combat vs a standard issue higher tier modern primary like the Colossus 2 or Python 2?

scottthewaterwarrior
WWN League Team: Catskill Mountain SEALs

Post by scottthewaterwarrior » Mon Oct 05, 2015 2:14 pm

Even if they aren't quite as powerful as stuff like the Colossus 2 or Python 2, hopefully they are at least more reliable. I've actually stopped recommending Water Warriors blasters to people, they have such poor build quality that I just can't do it in good consonance. The last family I recommended Water Warriors guns to told me that all three of them broke within a few months! Even my own Water Warriors guns I've bought recently haven't lasted much more than a year, and that was with keeping them indoors!

As for the new Super Soaker clip blasters he mentioned in the video, I'm pretty sure I saw those in a toy store at the mall recently. It might have been some knock of brand, but I'll try and go back some time this week and snap some pictures of them regardless.
"If you are wet at the end of a water war, you are doing it wrong"
Van: "What happened?" SEAL: "Scott Happened"
Alex: "But the stream is cold." Me: "It's fine, my feet really hurt, now they're numb!"

jja

Post by jja » Mon Oct 05, 2015 5:12 pm

Indeed the Nerf build quality is a great feature, i never worry about lending mine out. Four water warriors blasters have been bought by friends at my recommendation (3 colossus 2s and a sphinx) two of the colossus 2s pump shafts have snapped, but I have been able to repair these (one broke again but my second repair has held) The other C2 and the sphinx have had no issues. I recommend them despite some durabiltiy concerns, because i am sure i can fix the more common issues, enjoy doing so, and have time to do it, I can see this not being possible for a lot of people. What WW blasters did you have and what went wrong?

the NSS scatter strike mentioned it in the video is not new, it was available from Toys r Us in the uk this summer, i posted the link to it in the new NSS for 2015 thread (http://waterwar.net/forum/viewtopic.php ... =20#p61295)

marauder

Post by marauder » Tue Oct 06, 2015 12:12 pm

scottthewaterwarrior wrote:Even if they aren't quite as powerful as stuff like the Colossus 2 or Python 2, hopefully they are at least more reliable. I've actually stopped recommending Water Warriors blasters to people, they have such poor build quality that I just can't do it in good consonance. The last family I recommended Water Warriors guns to told me that all three of them broke within a few months! Even my own Water Warriors guns I've bought recently haven't lasted much more than a year, and that was with keeping them indoors.
My Gorgon has been a thorn in my side ever since duelfest passed. It's an epic battlefield weapon, and rare, which makes me really excited about it; but it's also awkward and has had tons of little issues that have seriously diminished its fighting capabilities. This is in light of the fact that I've probably only ever fought with it about 8 or 9 times outside of duelfest.
SEAL wrote:If you ain't bloody and muddy by the end of the day, you went to a Nerf war.

DX

Post by DX » Tue Oct 06, 2015 9:39 pm

Nerf build quality has been their only feature for years. Sadly, I don't see Buzz Bee improving their build quality, and if they did, prices would go up a ton. Price is one of their core areas of competition in the market, I just don't see anything changing there. They give us superior blasters in every other category. While I haven't had a WW blaster outright break yet, many of my best have had annoying problems, which has the same effect as being broken. Gorgons can develop a variety of issues from severe pump lag to leaking selector plates to sticky triggers. My Python 2 currently has a sticky trigger, the Blorca had pump problems. The Waterlord has a few issues straight out of the box, such as the trigger sticking, pump lag, and plain AP-style stream drop-off. At least, it feels less fragile than a typical buzz Bee soaker.
marauder wrote:You have to explain things in terms that kids will understand, like videogames^ That's how I got Sam to stop using piston pumpers

marauder

Post by marauder » Wed Oct 07, 2015 8:11 am

I'm going to a welder on Friday for my PPBs and I may talk to them about also making replacement parts out of metal. I wonder if replacing old parts with metal would work for Buzz Bee blasters. Would have to make a list of the most common issues.

TheSoaker

Post by TheSoaker » Mon Oct 19, 2015 8:19 am

the oncoming storm

Post by the oncoming storm » Mon Oct 19, 2015 10:23 am

Noooo!

Also drak is an Oozinator fan? Shun the dork, shun.
If you ever bother reading these, I worry for your mental sanity. :oo:

TheSoaker

Post by TheSoaker » Mon Oct 19, 2015 11:46 am

the oncoming storm wrote:Noooo!

Also drak is an Oozinator fan? Shun the dork, shun.
At least he has a CPS 2000 lol

jja

Post by jja » Mon Oct 19, 2015 12:04 pm

perhaps Drac is a only an oozinator fan due to his misconception that it uses CPS. someone ought to correct him on that.

i am not a fan of the ooze concept, i want my water gun to shoot water. I think people would find it kinda weird or off putting and likely to cause a mess. hopefully they made sure it doesn't stain clothes ect

TheSoaker

Post by TheSoaker » Mon Oct 19, 2015 5:58 pm

jja

Post by jja » Thu Dec 10, 2015 4:00 pm

Drac's review of the new Tornado Scream is up.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nPBdImGeFxs

i think it is good to have a review available. Drac isn't the most informed water warrior, but he can be forgiven as it isn't the main focus of his channel, he over filled the reservoir, and didn't think to tap shoot (equivalent to burst firing a full auto Nerf blaster). overall i think the blaster shows promise, output and range seem good/reasonable (depends what you compare to). not sure if i like the spiral nozzle. it could be worth disabling to focus power to the main stream, probably depends what % your battlefield is close quarters and if one is using it as a primary or secondary.

jSpazz

Post by jSpazz » Thu Dec 10, 2015 4:15 pm

Yeah, I don't like the spinning stream, or the ergonomics. Otherwise, it looks OK.

HBWW

Post by HBWW » Mon Dec 21, 2015 12:13 pm

jja wrote:Drac isn't the most informed water warrior
That's because he isn't a "water warrior" lol. The majority of pop Nerfers/Youtubers generally don't have particularly broad depth of knowledge even within the Nerf hobby itself (most of them are even still recommending Trustfires/Ultrafires/Li-Ion batteries), so they'll definitely not know very much at all about water blasters.
HydroBrawl Water Warfare

Discord: m0useCat

jja

Post by jja » Mon Dec 21, 2015 12:27 pm

depends how you define "water warrior". For me anyone who uses water blasters of any kind counts.

HBWW

Post by HBWW » Mon Dec 21, 2015 12:56 pm

I define it as one who participates in water wars, even in the most loose definition of the term "water war."
HydroBrawl Water Warfare

Discord: m0useCat