What is the community's opinion of the WW Vanquisher?

Discussions of all varieties of stock water guns and water blasters.
Redd

What is the community's opinion of the WW Vanquisher?

Post by Redd » Tue Jun 16, 2015 6:31 pm

The WW Vanquisher is known for having an elastic PC and ridiculous shot time, but I noticed have the range to be lacking. My WW Hydra, Colossus 2, and XP 110 all achieve superior range to the Vanquisher. iSoaker list the Vanquisher's maximum range at a sub-par 32 feet. Also, in my personal opinion, the Vanquisher is awful comfort wise.. My trigger finger is always sore after extended Vanquisher use.

( http://www.isoaker.com/Armoury/Analysis ... uisher.php )

Do you have experience with the Vanquisher? Would you recommend the blaster or no?
Last edited by Redd on Tue Jun 16, 2015 7:56 pm, edited 1 time in total.

the oncoming storm
WWN League Team: Havoc

Re: What is the community's opinion of the WW Vanquisher?

Post by the oncoming storm » Tue Jun 16, 2015 7:39 pm

Isoaker seems to get a lot of flukes (usually bad ones) Seal's HP Vanquisher the only other one I have heard stats for hits around 40'.

As far as recommendations go, a Hydro Powered gun that hits 40' is a respectable choice of primary anyway you slice it. Unless you have large hands I'd go for it at a good price.
If you ever bother reading these, I worry for your mental sanity. :oo:

Cochise

Post by Cochise » Tue Jun 16, 2015 7:42 pm

As mentioned in a previous topic, I don't think isoaker is all that accurate. Not that it isn't a good site, it has its merits, and it's also the easiest to read on a phone, but I think Hydrowar is more accurate. *cough* shame that it doesn't have a review... *cough* I'm pretty sure my friend's Vanquisher shoots further than 32 feet... maybe I should test it out. If you watch the community war videos and read the war stories I'm pretty sure it's more powerful than that... but then again, maybe there is a really weak mark and you and isoaker got duds. My friend's vanquisher is almost as powerful as my Blazer. I'd say it is as powerful as my 310, but not as powerful as my Colossus 2. If I had to guess I'd say XP 310 - 35 ft, Vanquisher 36 or even 37 ft, Blazer 37 ft (but greater output), Colossus 2 39 ft. I think it's actually a pretty good gun, and I'd have a difficult time recommending any blaster that shot only 32 feet. The shot time is great and you can mod the nozzles and get better results than stock.

SEAL
WWN League Team: Catskill Mountain SEALs

Post by SEAL » Wed Jun 17, 2015 11:18 am

In my experience, the Vanquisher is pretty good. I think it's in the light class, but it can easily hold its own with the mediums. The best thing about it is that it never ever ever ever in the history of ever runs out of water. No other blaster I own can last so long. Another thing we found out about it is that it barely makes a sound when you fire it (I think it's a ball valve thing), meaning you can sneak a shot at someone, and they're less likely to notice. While big CPS guns make a cool *PSHHT* sound when you shoot them, it does kinda have the same effect as yelling "incoming!" at the enemy. While the Vanquisher's stream could be bigger (you could drill out the fan nozzle though), it is very well laminated, meaning that most of it will hit your opponent when your aim is true. Range seems to vary, but I got about 38-39 feet out of the one we have, which is quite respectable.

The only thing I really don't like about it is the ergonomics. The mid-mounted handle does give it extremely good balance, but the grip is so awful it still makes it awkward to use. The Vindicator and maybe the Gorgon are the only stock guns I've used that are worse. But overall, the Vanquisher is a solid choice, just so long as you can get past the funky handling. Though I suppose you'd have to make sure to get one with good range.
~Hotel Oscar Golf~

We probably won't be back, but the legacy lives on.

Redd

Post by Redd » Wed Jun 17, 2015 4:15 pm

What type of elastic "hydro power" PC does the Vanquisher utilize? Would a k-mod be possible?

soakinader

Post by soakinader » Sun Jun 21, 2015 4:19 pm

Yeah, I'm pretty sure that a mod has been attempted before. It uses some gargantuan bladder inside of the reservoir though and adding balloons would decrease the reservoir capacity. Also, the valve ID would restrict the amount of power you could get out of it.
My friends call me Nader. My foes just run.
Photos relocated to: https://www.flickr.com/photos/151868511 ... 8741427445
I find 'em, I fix 'em.

Redd

Post by Redd » Thu Jun 25, 2015 5:27 pm

What exactly is a valve ID?

I actually think I am going to go ahead and try to k-mod the Vanquisher. It's okay if the mod doesn't work out, as
A. K-mods are easily reversible
B. I want to open the gun and replace the trigger anyway, it's just too damn small for my fingers
C. I want to drill the fan nozzle anyway
D. I'm not really happy with the Vanquisher in it's stock form anyway, I'll just see what happens with a mod

HBWW

Post by HBWW » Thu Jun 25, 2015 10:14 pm

ID: Inner Diameter. (A standard abbreviation across multiple industries.)

People have reported success with k-modding the Vindicator, though I'm not sure how well it'd work myself. I'm also not sure if the Vanquisher has a similar bladder shape.
HydroBrawl Water Warfare

Discord: m0useCat

marauder

Post by marauder » Sat Jun 27, 2015 2:24 am

I'd honestly experiment with replacing the smallest nozzle with a larger nozzle size and trying that first.
https://hydrowar.wordpress.com/
SEAL wrote:If you ain't bloody and muddy by the end of the day, you went to a Nerf war.