Looking for water gun from the 90s....

Discussions of all varieties of stock water guns and water blasters.
jbharkjr

Looking for water gun from the 90s....

Post by jbharkjr » Mon Jun 15, 2015 11:51 am

I've been looking for this water gun I had as a kid in the 90s. Was different because it didn't shoot a stream but rather a blast, like a ball of water. It was a single-shot gun that had a lever style cocking mechanism. I guess it was spring or elastic because when the lever was being pulled back you could hear it clicking like a gear turning and holding the pressure. No multiple pumps, just pull the lever cocking mechanism, and a single blast of water. I've looked through all of the years/pictures but can't seem to find it anywhere.

Anyone have any clue as to what I'm talking about?

Thank you!

the oncoming storm
WWN League Team: Havoc

Re: Looking for water gun from the 90s....

Post by the oncoming storm » Mon Jun 15, 2015 11:59 am

I believe this is what you are referring to...

http://www.isoaker.com/Armoury/Analysis ... laster.php

Sadly for you they aren't very easy to find anymore.
If you ever bother reading these, I worry for your mental sanity. :oo:

jbharkjr

Post by jbharkjr » Mon Jun 15, 2015 12:34 pm

That is similar although the cocking handle was purple and towards the front of the gun. It didn't resemble a regular shotgun or rifle either.

I believe the packaging stated something like cyclone or something similar and I think it aid something to the effect of shooting balls of water.

Thank you for your help!

the oncoming storm
WWN League Team: Havoc

Post by the oncoming storm » Mon Jun 15, 2015 2:08 pm

I'm afraid that description doesn't match any name brand water guns which mean Isoaker.com is no help, unless someone else on here has had dealings with said blaster you will likely be on your own with identifying it.
If you ever bother reading these, I worry for your mental sanity. :oo:

jbharkjr

Post by jbharkjr » Mon Jun 15, 2015 2:30 pm

Yeah I have had the hardest time finding this gun. I thought it was Nerf or SuperSoaker brand but now I'm questioning that as well...

I am positive of the cocking mechanism because that was the thing I always liked about it. Sure the distance wasn't great because it wasn't a stream but up close, it was quite powerful. Plus, since no pumping was required, as long as it was close range, it was hard to beat because it could be fired quickly. I remember the canister which holds water had a screw top to add water because I would get in the pool with this gun, take the cap off and let it refill while evading lol.

Any idea of other brands I could look for during the 90s? I seem to remember it was that same yellow, black and purple color scheme.

scottthewaterwarrior
WWN League Team: Catskill Mountain SEALs

Post by scottthewaterwarrior » Mon Jun 15, 2015 3:54 pm

Sounds like a water ball
http://www.isoaker.com/Armoury/Analysis ... _sl175.php
I've got both the big model and the smaller one. Sadly the big one I have doesn't work, its pretty terrible in battle, but it is so cool I've kept it in the hope I will fix it someday.
"If you are wet at the end of a water war, you are doing it wrong"
Van: "What happened?" SEAL: "Scott Happened"
Alex: "But the stream is cold." Me: "It's fine, my feet really hurt, now they're numb!"

jbharkjr

Post by jbharkjr » Mon Jun 15, 2015 4:23 pm

Those are the newer that shoots a gel wrapped ball correct? That might not be correct although the gun I'm trying to find only needed regular water to shoot.

This one just shot a blast of water instead of directing it via a small hole creating the stream. AND instead of pumping it up 10-20 times, this had a purple lever which was towards the front of the gun (end of barrel) which pulled back and then once cocked, the lever could be laid back down flat and shot once, which was a blast "shotgun style".

I wish there was more information i could provide to figure out who made this and what it was called. I'm going to look through some stuff my parents stashed away but I've got a feeling I'm going to come up empty handed. I really appreciate everyone's input and trying to help me out.

CDMT

Post by CDMT » Mon Jun 15, 2015 7:51 pm

No that is the right type of gun. It shot regular water and using hydrodynamics the ball that shot out was a ball of water. It was shot with one pull. They had a few models you probably just had the other one not picturedlanet
Wild Planet Waterball ML 100-Sports Launcher is another one but Ibelieve they were initially made by banzai.

scottthewaterwarrior
WWN League Team: Catskill Mountain SEALs

Post by scottthewaterwarrior » Mon Jun 15, 2015 10:14 pm

CDMT wrote:No that is the right type of gun. It shot regular water and using hydrodynamics the ball that shot out was a ball of water. It was shot with one pull. They had a few models you probably just had the other one not picturedlanet
Wild Planet Waterball ML 100-Sports Launcher is another one but Ibelieve they were initially made by banzai.
I have the ML 100 as well, if the handle is on the top like he said, it is not that one. The SL 175 on iSoaker's is a different color then mine, so it is possible they made it in the colors he described as well.

Now I want to go out and buy some more of these, lol! They are pretty wimpy guns (20-25ft max range) but would be fun to fight with if I had a lot of them.
"If you are wet at the end of a water war, you are doing it wrong"
Van: "What happened?" SEAL: "Scott Happened"
Alex: "But the stream is cold." Me: "It's fine, my feet really hurt, now they're numb!"

ogenbite

Post by ogenbite » Sun Feb 14, 2016 3:18 am

It was called the Hydro Shooter. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lHhrbzASQTk

I had the larger version, which you could pump up to three times to "load" more water. You could easily soak someone with just one well-placed shot. I just spent a half hour trying to remember the name and coming up empty before I found that commercial. Glad to see someone else remembers it too.