Water Warriors Waterlord!

Discussions of all varieties of stock water guns and water blasters.
jja

Water Warriors Waterlord!

Post by jja » Sun Apr 05, 2015 11:10 am

look what i just found on isoaker, the answer to the mysterious partial pictures
and it uses hydro-power!

http://www.isoaker.com/Armoury/Analysis ... erlord.php check it out

only available in canada though :(

but it is promising decent blasters have begun to return

the question is how can they use the Hydro-power tech we though that was legally blocked, but the cps patent seems to have randomly expired with out us knowing!

SSCBen

Re: Water Warriors Waterlord!

Post by SSCBen » Sun Apr 05, 2015 11:32 am

The relevant Canadian patent must have expired. This is great news, I think, as it's not *that* hard to import things from Canada.

I don't really understand Hasbro's motivations. I keep hearing that larger and more powerful blasters are too expensive to sell. That sounds plausible, sure. If Hasbro actually believed this, then why don't they let BBT just dig themselves into a hole? If BBT were losing money, why stop them from producing these blasters? The reality is that BBT probably wasn't losing money on these products, though I don't suspect they were making tons of money either. Hasbro wants to do anything they can to stop their competition, so they'll enforce their unused patent portfolio.

the oncoming storm
WWN League Team: Havoc

Post by the oncoming storm » Sun Apr 05, 2015 12:02 pm

Anyone who finds these in Canada be sure to sell a few to us USA members. please, please, please
If you ever bother reading these, I worry for your mental sanity. :oo:

SEAL
WWN League Team: Catskill Mountain SEALs

Post by SEAL » Sun Apr 05, 2015 12:04 pm

That's pretty cool. If you want a bigger nozzle you can just remove the crossbars on the burst setting. However I thought Hydro Power was always considered to be inferior to air pressure. If the patent really has expired they should have just given it a regular CPS chamber. Still, if it performs well I might order one. Is shipping from Canada expensive?
~Hotel Oscar Golf~

We probably won't be back, but the legacy lives on.

jSpazz

Post by jSpazz » Sun Apr 05, 2015 12:41 pm

As soon as I saw the iSoaker post on Facebook, I was ready to run out and get one, but the Walmarts near me are closed today. I will definitely go check tomorrow.

TheSoaker

Post by TheSoaker » Sun Apr 05, 2015 12:46 pm

REJOICE!

:-D
:cps2000:
super soaker cps 2000......SUPER SOAKER CPS 2000!!!!!!!!!1!!!1!!one

the oncoming storm

Post by the oncoming storm » Sun Apr 05, 2015 2:05 pm

jSpazz I (and probably most of the community) am strongly thinking about asking you and soakinator what it would cost to send some down here.

jja

Post by jja » Sun Apr 05, 2015 2:53 pm

Some potential criticism that i think the Waterlord may encounter with further testing:

>fully loaded it is going to weigh just over 5kg (similar weight to a CPS 1500 but not the same potency), this may also spark criticism from parents as 5kg is heavy for a child (I wonder what Age and up is recommended on the box)

>it has the same nozzle settings as a Python 2/Colossus 2 (although its shot time is better than the C2 and it will have less drop off than either P2 or C2 as it is elastic)

Unless range is substantially better than a P2 or C2 it is in danger of being easily outmaneuvered by lighter blasters with similar firing potency

i think a 5X nozzle drill will be fairly common, not sure which setting to lose, i would go for the smallest (i play very short rounds so field life is almost irrelevent) As Seal said clipping the bars on the N9 burst would be really easy. This should help it up against P2 or C2. It should have plenty of power for a 5X the Hydro-Power Sphinx has 8X on its biggest setting and i have nozzle drilled a Lighting to 5X.

my worry is even with 5X that the HP sphinx/lighting/piranha would be a better option (similar power less wieght)

I will be very interested to see how it does facing a CPS 1000 with and without a nozzle drill/mod.
Last edited by jja on Thu Jul 16, 2015 12:49 pm, edited 2 times in total.

the oncoming storm

Post by the oncoming storm » Sun Apr 05, 2015 3:28 pm

The thing WW needs to work on most is nozzle optimisation.

Having 1x, 2x, and burst settings is just fine on guns like the Python 2 but on guns like the Waterlord is just about useless. A more proper nozzle arrangement for something this large would be 2x, 5x, and 10x . Why they didn't make them with larger nozzles from the factory is beyond me, as guns like the Gorgon proved WW's relatively narrow tubing could support up to 10x (and we discovered this all the way back in 2013) without anything other changes than enlarging the nozzle.

Until they provide larger nozzles in stock form on designs already capable of supporting them things won't dramaticly improve for their market-share. The 90's with super soaker showed that "performance sells". Anyone who remembers being a kid knows that it's almost impossible to justify too a parent the purchase of a larger more expensive model without having a significant performance advantage over a cheaper model.

DX

Post by DX » Mon Apr 06, 2015 1:39 am

This is very exciting! The distribution sucks though, and shipping from Canada is relatively expensive. You don't appreciate USPS' fantastic speed and low rates until you try to order something from pretty much *anywhere* outside the US. I'll have to get me one...somehow...

I like how the pump volume has been upgraded to a more respectable 30 mL. The pump itself has what looks like an improved grip, as well. Honestly, I think all 3 nozzles are open to drilling. 1x is useless, so definitely drill that, and the largest nozzle probably has the best flow potential and diameter, so definitely drill that, leaving you with the middle one around 2x. For a medium primary, 2x is basically useless, so drill that.

HP generally has juicier streams than AP, but with less range. The Waterlord would need to shoot at least 34ft (ideally 38+) and support at least 4x (ideally 6x) in order to compete as a medium primary. If less, you start dropping out of the CPS 1000/1200/2100 performance zone. I'm pretty sure this will easily support the output, just not sure about the range.
marauder wrote:You have to explain things in terms that kids will understand, like videogames^ That's how I got Sam to stop using piston pumpers

jSpazz

Post by jSpazz » Mon Apr 06, 2015 9:14 am

I'm looking at shipping rates based on the dimensions and weight on the iSoaker page (I know the packaged dimensions will be different) and the rates to Knoxville (for example) start at around $30 for FedEx, https://shipgooder.com/resultrate.html? ... n&pickup=n

Canpar is lower but when you go to their website there is no option for estimating international shipping.

marauder

Post by marauder » Mon Apr 06, 2015 9:23 am

This is great news! hydropower is not necessarily less powerful than air pressure. My old Lightning shot about 40 feet. My Blazer maxes out at 37 feet. I was actually surprised at how competitive the Blazer was vs Gorgons, Colossi, and Vindicators at MOAB. The Vindicator was definitely the most powerful of the hydropower series, and if its ergonomics were changed I think we'd all agree that it would be superior to the CPS 1000/1200/2100. The Lightning/Pirahna is probably the second most powerful and is a pretty good choice too.

Did anyone else notice the pump volume? Definitely an improvement over past guns. These are exciting times.

*edit*

I'm going back to NC next week for another job interview. I'll definitely order one of these when I start working, but that might not be for another month or two.
https://hydrowar.wordpress.com/
SEAL wrote:If you ain't bloody and muddy by the end of the day, you went to a Nerf war.

DX

Post by DX » Mon Apr 06, 2015 11:54 am

JSpazz, any chance you can use Canada Post?
https://www.canadapost.ca/cpotools/apps ... ution=e1s1

You NEVER want to use Fedex or UPS for international service, in either direction. They charge dimensional weight, higher base prices, a customs broker fee around $15, and customs taxes. Canada Post is like USPS, no dim weight, low base prices, no broker fee, no taxes when you declare the value below the deminimis threshold. When you add it all up, Fedex and UPS cost *3 times* more than Canada Post and USPS.
marauder wrote:You have to explain things in terms that kids will understand, like videogames^ That's how I got Sam to stop using piston pumpers

jSpazz

Post by jSpazz » Mon Apr 06, 2015 12:21 pm

Canada Post had a similar base price to the others, so I will probably end up going with that if this is going to be a thing.

I just checked the Walmart near my work and they do not have any Waterlords in stock yet. It looked like they were still in the process of tearing down their Easter display at the front of the store, and they had moved some stock there. Colossus 2's and various smaller blasters, but between there and the toys section they didn't have that much in stock.

I will keep checking every few days.

Edit: Just noticed that the images link on iSoaker goes to images for the Steady Blast, not the Waterlord. But the direct link works.

marauder

Post by marauder » Mon Apr 06, 2015 12:52 pm

Has anyone found this for sale online yet? All I can find is some information regarding the patent.
https://hydrowar.wordpress.com/
SEAL wrote:If you ain't bloody and muddy by the end of the day, you went to a Nerf war.

the oncoming storm

Post by the oncoming storm » Mon Apr 06, 2015 12:54 pm

Jspazz I changed the search you linked to using my zip code (37918), rather than the zip code you used and somehow it now shows canpar ground shipping (the cheapest one listed) at a much more reasonable $15 to Knoxville. At $30 just to ship it things would have instantly been out of the question, now I just need to wait for some range testing with nozzle drills to make up my mind.

If I could order online somehow, then I wouldn't have to bother you if I do get one.

Cochise

Post by Cochise » Wed Apr 08, 2015 1:31 pm

I think green, yellow, and black must be BBT's owner's favorite colors! The detailing kind of reminds me of 1990s supersoakers though. I wish we had statistics on range. The nozzle selection seems a bit on the small side, but that's something a little modding could easily take care of. I really want one of these!!!

DX

Post by DX » Wed Apr 15, 2015 2:04 pm

Is there any more news on where we can buy this thing?

the oncoming storm

Post by the oncoming storm » Wed Apr 15, 2015 3:21 pm

BBT told me on FB that for 2015 it is a Canadian Walmart exclusive.

jSpazz

Post by jSpazz » Thu Apr 16, 2015 12:24 pm

I checked the Walmart near my work yesterday. Still no Waterlords.

Unfortunately, I don't have a lot of time to check other stores. I might be able to go check another one this weekend.