Best attainable water gun?

Discussions of all varieties of stock water guns and water blasters.
jtvd78

Best attainable water gun?

Post by jtvd78 » Wed Apr 01, 2015 9:49 am

Starting late April, I am participating in a school-wide water gun tournament, and my team and I are trying our best to win. I've been looking around, and it seems like the CPS 1500/1700 and the CPS 2000/2500 water guns are pretty much the best out there. But, no matter where I look, I can't seem to find them anywhere. Granted, they are pretty old, so that's understandable.

With that in mind, what are some of the farthest ranged guns that I can purchase? I don't care if it's used or new, as long as it's powerful, it shoots far, and I can get it before April 20th.

Thanks

EDIT: And what about a light-weight side-arm?

jja

Re: Best attainable water gun?

Post by jja » Wed Apr 01, 2015 10:35 am

not sure what is available to you, i dont' know where you are.

the Water Warriors Colossus 2 Outlaw and Python 2 are the best Blasters you can buy new in stores. these are good options for your main weapon

light weight side arms id recommend a water warriors hornet cricket or goblin.

check out isoaker's recommendations http://www.isoaker.com/Info/2015/03/201 ... -guide.php

if streams/ponds/lakes are in the playing area (or if you can defend an area with buckets) it might be worth some members of your team bringing a larger syringe type blaster in addition to their main weapon.

the oncoming storm
WWN League Team: Havoc

Post by the oncoming storm » Wed Apr 01, 2015 1:45 pm

jtvd78 have you looked very seriously on ebay? if you have been looking there then JJA is very right about what can be found it stores. In my opinion for a new blaster the Python 2 and the former two light side-arms are the best options, the Goblin while lighter and still nice doesn't have the range to easily tangle with other pressurised guns if you enemy's know tap pumping,

Also quick tip, if you have pressurised blaster remember to only tap the trigger when shooting and then pump as soon as possible. This will extend field life and make you less vulnerable to piston powered Nerf "Super Soakers" which never need multiple pumps.

JJA's tip about Syringe type blasters is very good if ponds and buckets are available, Stream Machines for example are an excellent example of this and with a reasonably strong user can reach up to 70' several of them could use that massive range advantage to hold back a superior force of enemy's given that they are trying to avoid getting wet. IE games where stream contact temporarily or permanently removes a player from action.
If you ever bother reading these, I worry for your mental sanity. :oo:

jSpazz

Post by jSpazz » Wed Apr 01, 2015 3:18 pm

I don't think the Hornet or Cricket are available in stores anymore. The Goblin is still around, I picked one up recently.

the oncoming storm
WWN League Team: Havoc

Post by the oncoming storm » Wed Apr 01, 2015 4:17 pm

jSpazz, in the local stores I go to I find Crickets everywhere, Canada however was lucky enough to still have Gorgons until this year so I know that you guys don't always have the same products.
If you ever bother reading these, I worry for your mental sanity. :oo:

jtvd78

Post by jtvd78 » Wed Apr 01, 2015 6:29 pm

Thanks everyone for the quick replies. I think I've decided on the colossus 2, but it also doesn't seem to be on sale anymore. At least online. On ebay, I found a listing for the gun, but the item itself is $37, while the shipping is an additional $32. Is there another source for it?

I live in central New Jersey, and I have a Toys R' Us around here. Would a large retail store have the gun, or would I have more luck with smaller stores.

jja

Post by jja » Wed Apr 01, 2015 6:39 pm

i had a very quick look on amazon
python 2
http://www.amazon.com/Water-Warriors-Tr ... r+warriors

outlaw
http://www.amazon.com/The-Original-Wate ... r+warriors

hope this helps, i could'd find colossus 2 but i don't know where to look in the US market as i am in the UK - i don't know what stores might stock the good blasters

CDMT

Post by CDMT » Wed Apr 01, 2015 7:05 pm

I found a store that might be near you that has the Colossus 2. I called and they have them in stock. It's the Walmart at:
500 Bayonne Crossing Way
Bayonne, New Jersey 07002

Phone # for them is:
(201) 620-6137

But the best thing to do is go to Walmart's website if that location isn't close and type colossus 2 and it will say pick up in store and then if on your phone it can use your GPS by clicking use my location or you can use the other option and type in your zip code. It will then show the closest Walmarts to you that have it. Then I would just call ahead to the one closest and have them save you one.

jtvd78

Post by jtvd78 » Wed Apr 01, 2015 7:19 pm

CDMT wrote:I found a store that might be near you that has the Colossus 2. I called and they have them in stock. It's the Walmart at:
500 Bayonne Crossing Way
Bayonne, New Jersey 07002

Phone # for them is:
(201) 620-6137

But the best thing to do is go to Walmart's website if that location isn't close and type colossus 2 and it will say pick up in store and then if on your phone it can use your GPS by clicking use my location or you can use the other option and type in your zip code. It will then show the closest Walmarts to you that have it. Then I would just call ahead to the one closest and have them save you one.
Wow, thanks a lot! I just searched on my phone, and it seems that there's a couple nearby. Ill definitely call some close-by stores tomorrow.

Thanks everyone else, too. I'm going to order the Water Warriors Hornet as a side-arm. I appreciate all the quick responses!