Hasbro to release a 20th aniversary edition CPS 2000?

Discussions of all varieties of stock water guns and water blasters.
the oncoming storm
WWN League Team: Havoc

Hasbro to release a 20th aniversary edition CPS 2000?

Post by the oncoming storm » Tue Mar 31, 2015 10:52 pm

Ok guy I was browsing you-tube for GJIV's CPS 2000 videos to re-watch them and happened upon a video chat interview some nerfer did last week with a higher up at Hasbro. among other things like a new Elite air blaster line coming this winter. He let the big one slip out when things got around to asking about any new water guns for 2016. What with the CPS 2000 turning 20 and all and, after being asked if they were planing to release commemorative edition his reply was. "Well, I really shouldn't say, but it looks promising. We'll know for sure next month."

Here is a link to the full interview so you can watch. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dQw4w9WgXcQ
If you ever bother reading these, I worry for your mental sanity. :oo:

TheSoaker

Re: Hasbro to release a 20th aniversary edition CPS 2000?

Post by TheSoaker » Tue Mar 31, 2015 11:04 pm

of course :P
super soaker cps 2000......SUPER SOAKER CPS 2000!!!!!!!!!1!!!1!!one

jja

Post by jja » Wed Apr 01, 2015 3:36 am

come on could have made it more realistic! a CPS 2000 re-release really. A Flash-flood or something would have been slightly more believable, but nice try

CDMT

Post by CDMT » Wed Apr 01, 2015 7:34 pm

So brutal The Oncoming Storm, so brutal. But have you seen the new Nerf gun that shoots almost 70mph?

http://www.blasterlabs.com/2015/02/nerf ... announced/

the oncoming storm

Post by the oncoming storm » Wed Apr 01, 2015 8:55 pm

CDMT yes I have, honestly I think it's going to end up similar to the vortex line where people who play inside with stock blasters love it but the NIC, the intended market avoids it like the plague.

FYI from what I know at100fps it's not really competitive on NIC fields which are flooded with unretailable (for safety reasons) bruisers

DX

Post by DX » Wed Apr 01, 2015 10:44 pm

Rival will probably be fun indoors and that's about it. Those blasters are planned to retail at $50 (very expensive), be flywheel powered (very underpowered), the balls will be inaccurate (by NIC standards), and slow (by NIC standards). A decently competitive NIC primary needs to hit at least 180 FPS with #8s (at least 220 FPS with #6s) and be accurate above all else. Those would still be on the weak end for an outdoor NIC war, too. There is a minimum power-range-accuracy threshold that you need to meet in order to hit the good players in a straight-up battle. If your blaster falls below that threshold, you usually achieve a hit rate below 1% and usually it's 0%. This is something that Hasbro will struggle with as long as it keeps producing flywheels, stringers, and low volume springers. Actual Nerf blasters are a very rare sight at Nerf wars.
marauder wrote:You have to explain things in terms that kids will understand, like videogames^ That's how I got Sam to stop using piston pumpers

the oncoming storm

Post by the oncoming storm » Wed Apr 01, 2015 11:01 pm

NH would have a nightmare with threads like this, wrong sub-forum, tons of off topic posts and the admin/mod's who post only contribute to said off topic discussion .

Dux what do you mean by stringers, was that a typo?

DX

Post by DX » Wed Apr 01, 2015 11:06 pm

It's 2015, NH has mellowed out. Plus, every thread on NMW is like this.

"Stringers" are bow-powered blasters. Hasbro likes to churn these out now, they couldn't cost much to produce and they don't have to pay royalties to Lonnie Johnson on them.
marauder wrote:You have to explain things in terms that kids will understand, like videogames^ That's how I got Sam to stop using piston pumpers

SEAL
WWN League Team: Catskill Mountain SEALs

Post by SEAL » Fri Apr 03, 2015 12:04 pm

I've lost count of how many CPS 2000 re-release prank threads we've had. :goofy: I was going to do a prank on FB, but at the last minute decided it'd be a little too inappropriate considering that I have family on my friends list. Too bad the 1st fell within my spring break because I had some funny ideas for school pranks.

That new Nerf gun is just more proof that Hasbro is abandoning water guns in favor of foam guns. A blaster for ages 14+ is what we've been dreaming about for years. What's really funny is that we're the ones who actually need a blaster like that. If there was a water gun for older users it would likely be more powerful than almost anything on the field, while this Nerf gun is like bringing a Thunderstorm to a CPS battle for the NIC.

Probably my second biggest problem with Nerf is that in order to actually be competitive you need these heavily modded and homemade guns. You simply cannot just go to a store and buy something that will give you a chance, like you can in every other wargame. Granted, you can't really do that with water guns anymore, but at least a Colossus 2 is more competitive against a CPS blaster than a Longshot is against a modded air gun like the one I used in the PA Plains Arena. I do like Nerf, but it has several drawbacks that leave water warfare as my reigning favorite wargame.

If the thread isn't too serious, off-topic posts are no big deal. We're cool over here at WWn. However I would be a little annoyed if I posted say, a topic asking for advice on my next homemade, only to have people run off at the mouth about smart phones. (Because conversations can go off in any random direction, based on something as little as a single sentence.) In those cases, please show the OP some respect.
~Hotel Oscar Golf~

We probably won't be back, but the legacy lives on.