Fan Blast Jutsu - Overload and Orca

Discussions of all varieties of stock water guns and water blasters.
Evangel

Post by Evangel » Thu May 24, 2007 1:18 am

I'm trying to do something fun with the Overload similar to Temari's Daikamaitachi no Jutsu, using the fan blasting and swinging it to cover a large area. Problem is, when I swing the Overload too hard, all the pressure just dissipates almost completely. This happens on any nozzle setting, but this usually doesn't happen when I do it with something like my Flash Flood.

I'm thinking it has something to do with the Overload's air pressure pump system as opposed to the FF's CPS. Since the Orca has both a fan blast and CPS system, would that work better for this technique? Or is there really no difference?

isoaker

Post by isoaker » Thu May 24, 2007 7:07 am

There is a huge difference. For performing specialized blaster motions, it is best to use CPS-type systems like those on the Flash Floor or WW Orca, etc. The problem with air pressure blasters is that, in the wrong angle, you'll be having air as opposed to water towards the nozzle opening, thus resulting in mist-blasts.

I like this thread's theme, though.

:cool:
:: Leave NO one dry! :: iSoaker.com .:

Evangel

Post by Evangel » Thu May 24, 2007 1:14 pm

Okay so I should definitely go with the Orca for this kind of thing then, huh? Hope it's not too heavy.

isoaker

Post by isoaker » Thu May 24, 2007 1:27 pm

Evangel wrote:Okay so I should definitely go with the Orca for this kind of thing then, huh? Hope it's not too heavy.

Perhaps you should consider the smaller Tiger Shark. If you need the fan blast, just modify one of the nozzles. :goofy: The smallest CPS-based blaster is the SC500, but that one is both not sold anymore nor does it have a fan blast, either.

Come to think of it, a WW Argon or WW Xenon are options, too. It's not quite CPS, but due to its split air/water design, it can handle being rotated and still fire without problem.

HBWW
WWN League Team: Havoc

Post by HBWW » Thu May 24, 2007 1:47 pm

My friend likes holding and firing the flash flood on the side when shooting around. If you're making bizzare shooting patterns, just make sure you're within the correct firing angle. (except CPS's allow any angle as said) Even if you are, there are pumping angle limitations. (unless it's with PR guns)
HydroBrawl Water Warfare

Discord: m0useCat

Evangel

Post by Evangel » Thu May 24, 2007 3:53 pm

isoaker_com wrote:Perhaps you should consider the smaller Tiger Shark. If you need the fan blast, just modify one of the nozzles. :goofy: The smallest CPS-based blaster is the SC500, but that one is both not sold anymore nor does it have a fan blast, either.

Come to think of it, a WW Argon or WW Xenon are options, too. It's not quite CPS, but due to its split air/water design, it can handle being rotated and still fire without problem.

I'm not good at modding, nor do I have the equipment for that. I'd rather stick with stock. I'm sure Orca will be manageable.

Also I don't think it's so much the angle that's messing me up, but rather being swung very sharply that's killing all the pressure inside the Overload. Seriously, if I swing it too hard, it loses all the pressure, not just firing air.

isoaker

Post by isoaker » Thu May 24, 2007 4:29 pm

Swinging a blaster sharply should not depressurize the blaster unless part of the cap, nozzle valve, or pressure-release valve is being activated during the swing, releasing pressure. At any rate, a CPS-based blaster should work. My concern now becomes the speed of the swing; even with a CPS-blaster on fan, if you swing quickly and blast at the same time, the already shorter range of the fan blast will be cut even further since you're spreading out the blast in a third dimension. The attack's effectiveness may be more limited due to the faster motion.