Upcoming Nerf 2015 Blasters

Discussions of all varieties of stock water guns and water blasters.
HBWW
WWN League Team: Havoc

Upcoming Nerf 2015 Blasters

Post by HBWW » Thu Oct 16, 2014 9:24 pm

I should've posted this in off-topic or Nerf, but these forums get more attention anyway.

http://buffdaddynerf.blogspot.com/2014/ ... -nerf.html

There are some new upcoming products. A series of Boomco blasters that don't look very interesting, a bullpup blaster called the Crossbolt which I'm quite curious about, and some trashy looking Super Soaker prototype/concept. I think Hasbro really doesn't want to deal with pump/pressurized blasters of any sort anymore.
HydroBrawl Water Warfare

Discord: m0useCat

isoaker

Re: New Stuff

Post by isoaker » Fri Oct 17, 2014 7:24 am

Nice find - now to try to dig up pictures of the new:
- Super Soaker Flash Flood
- Super Soaker Floodfire
- Rebelle Super Soaker Triple Threat
- Rebelle Super Soaker Cascade
- Super Soaker Microburst II
- Super Soaker Tidal Torpedo 2 in 1
- Rebelle Super Soaker Warrior Wear

But based on that first picture, if they're just making multi-layer pump-action blasters, I'm not foreseeing many full reviews on these for iSoaker.com.

Edit: as an aside, while CA99 beat me to it, I was oddly inspired yesterday to try to dig around the web for any images of upcoming Nerf Super Soaker products. Now I have a better sense of where to look next time. :goofy:

:cool:
:: Leave NO one dry! :: iSoaker.com .:

HBWW

Post by HBWW » Fri Oct 17, 2014 8:13 am

You know something's up when nerfers watch upcoming water blasters more closely than anyone here does. =p
HydroBrawl Water Warfare

jSpazz

Post by jSpazz » Fri Oct 17, 2014 8:57 am

Part 3 of Buffdaddy's post has a closer picture of the new Flash Flood. Looks like just a pump action with a syringe tube on top of it.

isoaker

Post by isoaker » Fri Oct 17, 2014 9:16 am

Well, it's like the original Flash Flood ... only it doesn't pressurize ... and you need to dip the top nozzle in a bucket to fill... and it'd be really awkward since, I believe, most people swap their hand positions when using a pump-action water blaster versus using a syringe-type water blaster (forward pump with left hand, but back-side pump with right hand). I'll probably end up picking one up just to point out the insanity. :oo:

marauder

Post by marauder » Fri Oct 17, 2014 2:33 pm

Maximize profit by decreasing cost. It does not matter if these are awkward and inefficient because it says "Super Soaker" and kids and their parents won't do much research on product quality or remember/hold it against the company if the product is completely inefficient.
https://hydrowar.wordpress.com/
SEAL wrote:If you ain't bloody and muddy by the end of the day, you went to a Nerf war.

jSpazz

Post by jSpazz » Sun Oct 19, 2014 11:11 am

This post has the translated description for the new Flash Flood. The top part is actually supposed to connect to a garden hose.

That just makes it more confusing, because I don't see any kind of trigger for it.

isoaker

Nerf Super Soaker Cascade

Post by isoaker » Thu Nov 06, 2014 1:49 pm

According to this website, looks like the NSS Cascade is a recolored... err.. rather, re-graffiti'd version of a Nerf Super Soaker Blue Crush. Exciting, isn't it? :oo:

marauder

Re: Nerf Super Soaker Cascade

Post by marauder » Thu Nov 06, 2014 3:11 pm

I wonder how well the Blue Crush and other super soakers actually sold. Wish there was a way of finding out. I do like the art that they use on their products. It's a shame that they don't spend that amount of detail on what lies on the inside.
SEAL wrote:If you ain't bloody and muddy by the end of the day, you went to a Nerf war.

TheSoaker

Nerf Super Soaker Dreadshot

Post by TheSoaker » Mon Nov 10, 2014 11:52 am

I was on the Southern Brisbane Nerf Club website and I found this picture:

It appears to be yet another version of the Hydrostorm but with twin nozzles and a GLOWING reservoir, thats right folks now you are even MORE easier to spot in your night battles if you use this thing. This is all the information I have right now.

(isoaker your gonna have fun making an isoak'D comic of this one lol)
Last edited by TheSoaker on Mon Nov 10, 2014 12:54 pm, edited 1 time in total.
super soaker cps 2000......SUPER SOAKER CPS 2000!!!!!!!!!1!!!1!!one

isoaker

Re: Nerf Super Soaker Dreadshot

Post by isoaker » Mon Nov 10, 2014 12:23 pm

Nice find!

Looks like pump-action to me, but not 100% sure. Don't think I can make out a trigger. No idea how the character is firing it single-handedly. :p

Glowing tank, huh? That'll help... your opponents!

marauder

Post by marauder » Mon Nov 10, 2014 4:10 pm

It actually looks super awesome. Unfortunately, all of that is pointless without a trigger. And yeah... firing it one handed without a trigger... false representation of the product.

HBWW

Post by HBWW » Mon Nov 10, 2014 4:58 pm

I like how every single other thing on that slideshow is infinitely more interesting, yet we're talking about the Dreadshot lol. Did nobody notice the semi-auto Nerf blaster, nor the CPS 2000?

Edit: I merged all 3 threads so we can keep all the 2015 Super Soaker discussion in one place.
HydroBrawl Water Warfare

DX

Re: Upcoming Nerf 2015 Blasters

Post by DX » Tue Nov 11, 2014 12:21 am

That glowing reservoir will lead the zombies RIGHT to you...it's so ironic that the Zombiestrike line mainly produces blasters that aren't very practical for use in HvZ and similar style games. In college campus HvZ games, spotting the other side first is a substantial advantage. If the zombie side can't see you, they can't set up ambushes for you. When I was a zombie, I could spot humans by the bright yellow colored blasters from up to half the campus away, that's a quarter mile, you really are that obvious when wielding large loadouts. Small, darker colored blasters are far superior in the cat and mouse game.

Hasbro admitted to focusing on Nerf and letting Super Soaker collect dust in their NIC Q and A session, so I am not surprised by any of this.
marauder wrote:You have to explain things in terms that kids will understand, like videogames^ That's how I got Sam to stop using piston pumpers

isoaker

Post by isoaker » Tue Nov 11, 2014 3:42 pm

Nerf Super Soaker Floodfire (thanks to Greg Munda on Facebook for the link).

From the page:

Large-capacity FloodFire water blaster
Lets you soak your target from up to 38 feet away
Attaches to hose for maximum soakage
Holds up to 43 fluid ounces without hose

Now, whether the non-hose action is pump-action or actually pressurized remains to be seen. I have the feeling the trigger is solely for when a hose is connected. But if you're hooking up a hose, why not just use a normal hose attachment? :oo:

Last edited by isoaker on Tue Nov 11, 2014 8:50 pm, edited 1 time in total.

HBWW

Post by HBWW » Tue Nov 11, 2014 5:09 pm

For the FloodFire, I suspect that it just shoots with the trigger after the hose is attached. That's the only way Hasbro could possibly even make up a 38 feet range claim at this point.
Duxburian wrote:Hasbro admitted to focusing on Nerf and letting Super Soaker collect dust in their NIC Q and A session, so I am not surprised by any of this.
The past 5 years spoke a lot more than any Q&A ever could.
HydroBrawl Water Warfare

isoaker

Post by isoaker » Fri Nov 14, 2014 8:04 am

Nerf Super Soaker Tidal Torpedo 2-in-1 (Amazon.co.uk)

2-in-1 refers to the fact that this is a Nerf missile-dart launcher that can also suck in water and shoot it syringe-style. I wonder how well the rockets fly with water in the system... meh

TheSoaker

Post by TheSoaker » Fri Nov 14, 2014 9:09 am

*GASP* Those missiles just might fit in my nerf 50mm cannon homemade which could also fire water balloons!
super soaker cps 2000......SUPER SOAKER CPS 2000!!!!!!!!!1!!!1!!one

DX

Post by DX » Fri Nov 14, 2014 9:35 am

Those missiles could end up being the most valued part.
marauder wrote:You have to explain things in terms that kids will understand, like videogames^ That's how I got Sam to stop using piston pumpers

marauder

Post by marauder » Fri Nov 14, 2014 12:24 pm

It says that it can fire 22 feet...hmm... typically piston pumpers shoot further than that so long as they have a stream nozzle. I wonder if this has some kind of burst or shower nozzle, or if its just a big nozzle with a small pump. It's a really fun idea for kids, but pretty much useless for us.

On second thought, perhaps they are being more honest with their stats now. If this thing really does shoot only 22 feet then perhaps the Flood Fire really does shoot 38 feet. But then again, if its attached to a hose it probably would anyway, so it's probably not PR. Bummer.