advice on a gun - advice on a gun

Discussions of all varieties of stock water guns and water blasters.
marauder
WWN League Team: Havoc

Post by marauder » Fri Apr 27, 2007 1:16 pm

If you find a Storm pistol buy one of those. They only take a few pumps to charge, and they will not break for the world. They are like the AK-47s of waterguns.

Edited By marauder_4 on 1177697784
https://hydrowar.wordpress.com/
SEAL wrote:If you ain't bloody and muddy by the end of the day, you went to a Nerf war.

Silence

Post by Silence » Fri Apr 27, 2007 1:28 pm

Storms are that good? Interesting, I knew they had good range, but I guess they're just not as common and there are other high-ranged pistols. I saw some Storms in a local toy store a year or so ago. I just might have to check them out...thanks.

HBWW
WWN League Team: Havoc

Post by HBWW » Fri Apr 27, 2007 2:26 pm

Seems like the Max-D 3000's are the cheapest (if you can find a twin pack for $10), yet still seem to work well.
HydroBrawl Water Warfare

Discord: m0useCat

Leviathan

Post by Leviathan » Sat Apr 28, 2007 9:11 am

@SG: I love my Storm 500s. They are very small, quick to pump and extremely powerful for such a tiny weapon. I carry 2 with me at all times during a fight or even when I think there could be a fight.

@theinfo: Storms are hard to find now. You might not find one in time for the fight. Every gun thats been mentioned has strengths and weaknesses, you alone can decide what you want out of a gun. Again, I love my Storms, but theyre rare now.
Heavy artillery + high ground = an easy battle.
Why else would they call me Leviathan?
"Artillery batteries, prepare to fire. XLs, dual aquastorm. Balloons, quick burst, short range. Battery commanders, FIRE AT WILL!"

Adrian

Post by Adrian » Sat Apr 28, 2007 10:13 am

Two moderately sized soakers are what you need. The "Pirahna" sized model from Buzz Bee has always been about $15. Get two of whatever the most current version is. If you've got money left over, I think Dick's Sporting Goods sells Storm pistols. I know I've seen them in stores this year. Get two of the mid-sized ones, or just break down and buy two on eBay, as you won't regret it.

Adrian

Edit:Wow, I'm feeling the love for Storm pistols in this thread. Great range, near indestructibility, fantastic styling, what's not to love. The only bad thing is the funky pumping system. There's an O-ring inside the pump, and if it comes loose and stretches, the gun is beyond repair. That happens in about 1% of cases, so it doesn't really affect the overall reputation.

Edited By Adrian on 1177773339
“To achieve a World Government it is necessary to remove from their minds their individualism, their loyalty to family traditions, national patriotism and religious dogma.”…..Brock Adams, Director, United Nations Health Organisation.

Dacca

Post by Dacca » Sat Apr 28, 2007 4:54 pm

actually i tought the biggest problem with storm pistols is finding them... :laugh:
more reliable then a max-D trigger

Leviathan

Post by Leviathan » Sun Apr 29, 2007 3:44 pm

Yeah, cuz no one wants to give theirs up. But if someone has some and does, I'd like to talk to you! :love:
Heavy artillery + high ground = an easy battle.
Why else would they call me Leviathan?
"Artillery batteries, prepare to fire. XLs, dual aquastorm. Balloons, quick burst, short range. Battery commanders, FIRE AT WILL!"

XP20Warrior

Post by XP20Warrior » Tue May 08, 2007 10:15 am

Any suggestions on what kind of pistol I should look into?

Heya, welcome!

First choice, I would agree with Marauder_4; the Storm 500 is an extremely versatile pistol that is always my choice of sidearms in soakfests. They are the only pistol to my knowledge that can be submerged for long periods of time and can still fire.

The XP-20 is a good gun, but somewhat lacks the 'punch' when soaking. It has a good water capacity, though. I've had a pair of these, and still think they're good guns.

For what's selling today pistol-wise, I would recommend the WW Barracuda or WW Stingray. The Stingray is small and has a very nice handgun-ish shape.

Hope this helps. I'm well known for liking pistols around here. :goofy:
"Although it is a beautiful place among the stars, danger lurks in the shadows. That's what Alliance Command's for."

-Captain Ivan Reilly
IGA Intrepid
Closing Speeches After the Xidian Wars