Water Warriors Charger

Discussions of all varieties of stock water guns and water blasters.
HBWW
WWN League Team: Havoc

Re: Water Warriors Charger

Post by HBWW » Tue Mar 11, 2014 6:07 pm

Posting this on behalf of marauder. I left it at original resolution due to the poor quality. (If it's getting cut off, click and drag to your address bar to see the full version, or if you're on mobile/touch, long tap the image and select the option to open the image.)
IMG_20140311_185917.JPG
IMG_20140311_185917.JPG (289.24 KiB) Viewed 3794 times
Anyway, it's difficult to see how the new patent plays in, if it does at all. DX would probably note the significant shell dead space that could've been used for the reservoir as well. For me, it's difficult to tell exactly what's going on, but that pressure chamber is apparently constant diameter. The box suggests 6-8 pre-pumps before filling with water, so it may not be using piston separated air and water, or it may indeed be doing so, and they figured out a way to get the pump to work with air even when the air/water are separated.

I'll post more about it as I figure things out. If I have time, I'll try to pick one up and write a quick-review.
HydroBrawl Water Warfare

Discord: m0useCat

Nemesis

Post by Nemesis » Tue Mar 11, 2014 6:32 pm

Ooh! how does it perform!!!? Sorry, I had to be the one to ask.
"The world is yours" - Nas

isoaker

Post by isoaker » Tue Mar 11, 2014 6:47 pm

Methinks it is really just an elongated separate PC water blaster. Glad you got one to test; I have yet to acquire one (yes, even despite last week).

:cool:
:: Leave NO one dry! :: iSoaker.com .:

HBWW

Post by HBWW » Tue Mar 11, 2014 7:01 pm

More from marauder.
IMG_20140311_191846.JPG
IMG_20140311_191846.JPG (295.34 KiB) Viewed 3792 times
Stats:
- 18.5 x 2.5 x 8.5 cm
- 4.2" pump stroke
- 15mL (0.5oz) per pump
- ~9 pumps for full pressure
- (Calculates to 135 mL PC capacity)
- 1/4" OD tubing (not sure where; might just be the pink tubing)
- Pump ID/seal OD: 15mm
- Check valves: 1/2" OD (12.7mm), connected by 8mm pipe
- Range: 38' with wind. (Expects at least 40' with no wind.)
- Nozzles: 1.8mm, quad burst. (Only 2 nozzles?)
- Reservoir capacity: 29oz (858mL)
- PC capacity: 5oz (148mL)

Edit: Described as a "better XP 70", and is smaller than the Python 2.

With this description, I have less interest in getting one other than for review purposes, but I do suppose I could make do with expanding the smaller air pressure line in my armory, with something that has a separate chamber.

Also, definitely looks like the patent mentioned earlier is not actually in use here and/or the concept holds no water. (Make what you will of that pun.)
HydroBrawl Water Warfare

darthmeow

Post by darthmeow » Tue Mar 11, 2014 8:15 pm

Is there any reason for such a long small PC rather than a more normal one? Also, why bother with an intake tube for the PC? Could it be avoiding some patent, since the C2/colossus also are configured the same?

marauder

Post by marauder » Wed Mar 12, 2014 12:31 am

Yeah, I get that they could have made the PC larger by increasing its height, or that they could have expanded the reservoir capacity a little into the interior. Those are minor things in my opinion. If you had one you'd see just how small it is and how these improvements, while nice, would only be minor in nature. There is very little extra space available on the interior. The reservoir/pc/pump is nearly identical to that of the Defender, but the body is a little bigger. I think that this is a good thing as it makes the gun easier to handle/pump/fire than the Defender, and let's be honest, there really isn't much extra space in there anyway.

So how does it perform? Well, that all depends on what you were expecting. DX told me via text that he was hoping for something comprable to the 150/310/270. Those are in a completely different size category. This is not a replacement for the Colossus 2, which according to the back of the box is still available in some locations. This is not even a replacement for the Python 2 - it's smaller than that, something closer to the XP 65 or maybe Outlaw. It feels truly awesome to blast a quad burst out of a gun this size. In a fight I would completely take a Charger over an XP 70, 65, 55, Defender, MS 4000, Outlaw, etc. The other nozzle is about comprable to that of the Defender or Max D 4000. It shot 38 ft with a good amount of wind. It felt impressively powerful. I am not going to say that I predict it will hit 40 ft when I retest, but I will say that it's definitely possible. Either way, it's better than everything else its size in my opinion. Taken vs the Python 2 and Python there are some definite advantages and disadvantages. The PC means you have to pump less and that you can fire at different angles, but the smaller size means you will obviously run out of water quicker. I think I may possible take it over the original Python due to handling issues, but with the ergonomic changes made with the Python 2 I'd definitely go with the P2 due to the larger capacity; but again... we are dealing with different sizes here. I remember that some of us were surprised at how large the Python actually was. Some of you may be surprised at how small the Charger is. It's not that its short, per se, but it's slim. Kind of like an SC 600 in miniature you could say.

Anyway, I think its definitely a good gun. It just feels awesome to launch a quad burst so far out of a gun this size.
https://hydrowar.wordpress.com/
SEAL wrote:If you ain't bloody and muddy by the end of the day, you went to a Nerf war.

Buffdaddy

Post by Buffdaddy » Wed Mar 12, 2014 8:04 pm

Interesting. I saw this blaster, thinking it might use that patent, but it appears not. Still interesting that they're using a separate PC in a blaster this size.

That's what we get for speculation, haha. Perhaps I'm underestimating the time it takes between actually getting the patent and making a product from it?

DX

Post by DX » Wed Mar 12, 2014 10:18 pm

BBT doesn't tend to release much on even numbered years, so we might see them use the patent in 2015. I generally like what Ben has told me, so I guess I will be picking a Chagah up. However, there's still too much snow and now wind to test any stats, so it probably won't be this week.
marauder wrote:You have to explain things in terms that kids will understand, like videogames^ That's how I got Sam to stop using piston pumpers

HBWW

Post by HBWW » Sat Mar 15, 2014 3:30 pm

I just checked one of my local Meijer stores and they don't have any. They're all stocked with last year's BBT stuff they couldn't get rid of. P2, Colossus 2, Outlaw, and Steady Stream 2. There were a lot of Pumponators (which appear to be worse than the new Kaos balloon fillers, but I haven't used the new Kaos ones yet, so I don't know for sure), all the stuff Target has, and some Stream Machines and similar piston pumpers. One was an off-brand blaster similar to the Bottle Blitz, and another was a dual pump $5 blaster that I picked up so I could try to repurpose the pumps for other projects. If it turns out they're no good for that purpose, I can always use my homemade pumps anyway.) There's a lot of off-brand junk this year, suggesting that while the market is declining for performance blasters, it's just as large as ever for junk blasters. My conjecture is that people buy up the cheapest stuff on the shelves, use it for a summer, then throw it out (whether it breaks or not) when cleaning for the winter. Rinse and repeat, and that's their wonderful contribution to our landfills and huge amounts of plastic waste.

I have a photo haul that I may post later. Smartphone + no one looking/caring = easy photo hauls.
HydroBrawl Water Warfare

isoaker

Post by isoaker » Sun Mar 16, 2014 6:56 am

From what I know, the Water Warriors Charger seems to be only at KMart and, perhaps, some small stores. I need to get to a KMart sometime...

darthmeow

Post by darthmeow » Sun Mar 16, 2014 9:18 am

Got one finally after checking 2 targets (neither had any WW) and a Walmart (which only had C2s and outlaws) at a Kmart.
(sorry the pics are so big)
As you can see, it's actually longer than the P2 or 70, but it has a much thinner res and PC:

The nozzle selector is the same nozzles as the largest 2 on the P2/C2:

It is really quite powerful for it's size and weight, but that may actually be it's downfall. It has the same problem as the C2 and explorer, it only shoots for about a second at full pressure and air charging does not help much. You can get maybe 4 tap shots at full power. It's more powerful than the Pythons and on par with both colossi, but it lacks the shot time and res capacity to really be effective IMO.

HBWW

Post by HBWW » Sun Mar 16, 2014 10:19 am

Power is still the superior solution for most wars. The Python 2's shot time isn't really that useful considering how sharply it can drop off.

With the compact advantage of a Python 2 and the power of the Colossus, it's definitely worth checking out.
HydroBrawl Water Warfare

darthmeow

Post by darthmeow » Sun Mar 16, 2014 12:19 pm

I definitely like it, but I have a 2K that holds full pressure for just as long and has a little more output :goofy: Its seriously going to be a good sidearm/light primary for elimination games, just not for non competition games.

SEAL
WWN League Team: Catskill Mountain SEALs

Post by SEAL » Sun Mar 16, 2014 3:38 pm

Looks a little too big for use as a sidearm to me. You'd need to either stick it in a backpack (where it's hard to whip out in a hurry), or make some kind of giant holster. The MD 4000 is still my ideal sidearm for light-primary rounds (SC Power Pak is best in anything-goes). It's so small and compact, but shoots so far (though I hear the STE Triple Shot is better). I suppose you could use the Charger as a primary in light rounds, but there are better options.
~Hotel Oscar Golf~

We probably won't be back, but the legacy lives on.

isoaker

Post by isoaker » Mon Apr 14, 2014 10:59 am

Finally got a review up for the Water Warriors Charger on iSoaker.com. K-Mart, for me, is not a place I can find the time to easily access. Sure, there's a KMart ~15 mins away, but that's often a 30min block of time (there and back) I don't usually have.

All that said, as others have already noted, the Water Warriors Charger is a good, solid, yet light blaster. Its separate pressure chamber is small, but easy to charge. Its nozzles provide a good amount of power, though the output difference between its stream and burst settings is minimal. I still need to do range testing, of course, but that won't likely be for a few more weeks.

marauder

Post by marauder » Mon Apr 14, 2014 11:32 am

If you get the chance to open up yours let me know what you think. I was impressed with the quality of parts used.

One thing to consider is if the current availability will affect future availability. I doubt (though could be wrong) that this product was specifically made for KMart. Perhaps BBT has a good amount of backstock due to the limited availability, which would probably lead to seeing a rerelease next year.
SEAL wrote:If you ain't bloody and muddy by the end of the day, you went to a Nerf war.

jSpazz

Post by jSpazz » Tue Apr 15, 2014 11:14 am

I picked one up at Walmart about two weeks ago, so it's not an exclusive. However, I live in Canada, so that could also be a factor (Kmart no longer exists here)

Walmart also had the Colossus 2, which I had not seen in store before here. Last year they only stocked the Gorgon.

isoaker

Post by isoaker » Thu Apr 17, 2014 3:07 pm

Perhaps not surprisingly, I've picked the Water Warriors Charger as the Best New Water Blaster for 2014. Still need to do range testing one-of-these-days, but unless one of the other new blaster's is hitting 60'-to-70'+ consistently, my opinion won't be swayed. :goofy:

isoaker

Post by isoaker » Sun Apr 20, 2014 5:15 pm

Got to do range testing on my Charger today. Was a touch disappointed by the ranges I measured:
stream: level 32', angled 37'
burst: level 32', angled 35'

Was hoping to be able to reach or clear the 40' mark, but my Charger's stream lamination seems on the lower side for a Buzz Bee Toys blaster, likely resulting in lower range. Granted, this little blaster has a bit of a kick when shooting. As well, still shot further than any of the 2014 Nerf Super Soakers I tried.

marauder

Post by marauder » Sun Apr 20, 2014 5:43 pm

I ended up getting a max range of 38 ft with mine. The lamination is pretty good on the stream setting, but it was less coherent on burst than other blasters.