Hands-On: Nerf Super Soaker Rebelle Dolphina Bow @ iSoaker

Discussions of all varieties of stock water guns and water blasters.
isoaker

Hands-On: Nerf Super Soaker Rebelle Dolphina Bow @ iSoaker

Post by isoaker » Fri Feb 07, 2014 9:33 pm

The Nerf Super Soaker Rebelle Dolphina Bow Blaster is going to be the last Nerf Super Soaker I'll be doing a full review on for 2014.

Just when I thought things wouldn't get weirder, they do. As already expected, this bow-shaped blaster is pump action, not pressurized or spring-loaded. What was unexpected was that for this pump, the motion of drawing the bow (pulling the pump out from the bow's body) creates the shot. Besides feeling awkward and unnatural, and being backwards to when a real bow would shoot, this arrangement makes the user try to pull harder to get a more forceful shot, continually resulting in extending the pump to the maximum and more likely causing damage to the pump at some point.

I haven't taken any videos for measuring time/output, but I'll guess it'll feel like a 1x shot, though it is only outputting about 12mL (0.4oz) of water per pull.

Meh...

:cool:
:: Leave NO one dry! :: iSoaker.com .:

isoaker

Re: Hands-On: Nerf Super Soaker Rebelle Dolphina Bow @ iSoaker

Post by isoaker » Mon Feb 17, 2014 8:50 am

Review for the Nerf Super Soaker Rebelle Dolphina Bow Blaster posted. Try saying THAT name three-times fast! :goofy:

HBWW
WWN League Team: Havoc

Post by HBWW » Mon Feb 17, 2014 12:25 pm

A piston pumper that shoots by pulling the pump? Oh, the stupidity, it hurts.
HydroBrawl Water Warfare

Discord: m0useCat

isoaker

Post by isoaker » Mon Feb 17, 2014 2:45 pm

CA99 wrote:A piston pumper that shoots by pulling the pump? Oh, the stupidity, it hurts.
But.. but... it's *different*. :oo:

If you think you were surprised, I am just glad I happened to be pointing at a bathtub when preparing to test this thing. Typically, I don't pay as much attention where the blaster is pointing when extending the pump of a water blaster. :goofy: I could have easily soaked the floor, wall, electrical outlet... who knows.

HBWW
WWN League Team: Havoc

Post by HBWW » Mon Feb 17, 2014 3:10 pm

The rules of firearm safety can apply to water blasters too. Even the ones Nerf makes. (Or should I have said, "especially?" =p )
HydroBrawl Water Warfare

Discord: m0useCat

DX

Post by DX » Mon Feb 17, 2014 7:42 pm

Thrifted water guns of all kinds are notorious for still having water inside, sometimes even pressurized. Some thrifters have gone to test one, not paid attention to where it was pointed, and accidentally soaked a nearby shopper. For whatever reason, I had one pointed at myself while pumping and shot myself in the face.
marauder wrote:You have to explain things in terms that kids will understand, like videogames^ That's how I got Sam to stop using piston pumpers

TheSoaker

Post by TheSoaker » Wed Feb 19, 2014 1:03 pm

When I got my CPS 1200 it was almost fully pressurized and I soaked my room by accident
super soaker cps 2000......SUPER SOAKER CPS 2000!!!!!!!!!1!!!1!!one