Re Poll Best Water Warriors blaster

Discussions of all varieties of stock water guns and water blasters.

best Water Warriors blaster

Vindicator
44%
Gorgon
56%

Total votes: 9

the oncoming storm
WWN League Team: Havoc

Re Poll Best Water Warriors blaster

Post by the oncoming storm » Wed Jul 31, 2013 12:12 pm

The first poll for best water warriors blaster ended in a tie between the Gorgon and Vindicator so this poll will pit them against each other in the hopes of finding a victor.
If you ever bother reading these, I worry for your mental sanity. :oo:

HBWW

Re: Re Poll Best Water Warriors blaster

Post by HBWW » Wed Jul 31, 2013 12:30 pm

We're reaching apples and oranges at this point. The Vindicator is CPS and the Gorgon can push a 10x. Heck, might as well poll for CPS 1500 vs 2500.
HydroBrawl Water Warfare

Discord: m0useCat

DX

Post by DX » Wed Jul 31, 2013 12:50 pm

The Gorgon has a better grip style and is legal in air pressure only. The performance depends on modding and they are essentially even.
marauder wrote:You have to explain things in terms that kids will understand, like videogames^ That's how I got Sam to stop using piston pumpers

soakinader

Post by soakinader » Wed Jul 31, 2013 9:49 pm

At the end of the day, the Vindicator has a tracked pump and is built like a tank. The Gorgon has a flimsy, hard to grip, hard to pump, err, pump, although it's still a good gun. Thing is, the Gorgons are so much more common.
My friends call me Nader. My foes just run.
Photos relocated to: https://www.flickr.com/photos/151868511 ... 8741427445
I find 'em, I fix 'em.

marauder

Post by marauder » Sat Jun 14, 2014 7:51 pm

I prefer the Gorgon because I hate the tube styling of the Vindicator, although the Gorgon is also pretty awkward to handle. I also prefer using the Gorgon because I have this weird thing about not using another player's go to weapon of choice. Kind of like in mythology where each epic hero has their own unique weapon I kind of feel like the Vindicator belongs to Scott. I get that that doesn't make a whole lot of sense, especially when more people use Gorgons, but out of opponents I have faced in person Scott is way more glued to the Vindicator than anyone else is about their Gorgon.

After duelfest I would also have said that the Gorgon is better (although we didn't actually use it head to head vs a Vindicator) but recently mechanical issues have me swaying toward saying the Vindicator is better. As you probably already know, my Gorgon sometimes shoots when it gets to full pressure, rather than having the PRV kick in. This is super annoying. The pump on the Gorgon is also stickier and more prone to lagging than that of the Vindicator. The Blazer has the best pump system of all the Water Warriors blasters, but for some reason is less powerful than the Vindicator and Gorgon.
https://hydrowar.wordpress.com/
SEAL wrote:If you ain't bloody and muddy by the end of the day, you went to a Nerf war.

the oncoming storm

Post by the oncoming storm » Sun Jun 15, 2014 1:25 pm

One of these days I will buy a Vindicator...
If you ever bother reading these, I worry for your mental sanity. :oo:

HBWW

Post by HBWW » Sun Jun 15, 2014 3:57 pm

I'd use my Vindicator more if I didn't absolutely detest the pistol grip. It's nice and quiet and shoots clean streams, even if it doesn't perform up to the Gorgon's 10x.

I'd definitely like BBT to start trying out larger pumps though. The XP 150 can run down pretty much anything because of that. I'd like to see how a 150 stacks up against one or two Splashzookas.
HydroBrawl Water Warfare

Discord: m0useCat

marauder

Post by marauder » Mon Jun 16, 2014 7:33 pm

I'd put my money on the Zook hands down. I'd also put my money on a Vindicator over a 150. The 150 is very good, no doubt, and has the potential to take down the big boys when it's being used by the right person; but the Gorgon flat out wiped the floor with it at Duelfest, and I think the Vindicator would do the same.

A more fair fight would be XP 150 vs Blazer or XP 150 vs SC 600. I'd really like to do another duelfest after I move. SC 600 vs Colossus and Blazer vs Colossus would be pretty good too. While we are at it, we should throw in the Vanquisher.
https://hydrowar.wordpress.com/
SEAL wrote:If you ain't bloody and muddy by the end of the day, you went to a Nerf war.

darthmeow

Post by darthmeow » Tue Jun 17, 2014 7:50 pm

Wait, someone mentioned the Zook? I would also agree the Zook could probably outclass a 150 since mine have beaten both Colossi and XP's in duels.