Massed Soakfest Primarys

Discussions of all varieties of stock water guns and water blasters.
the oncoming storm
WWN League Team: Havoc

Massed Soakfest Primarys

Post by the oncoming storm » Fri Jul 12, 2013 9:44 pm

A list of the best (In my mind) primarys for massive 100 person or more park wide soakfests

1. CPS 3000/3200
while lacking 10' of range on the 300, the comination of Conservation, Domination (Soakage), and riot control (repulsing Mass attack) put it in the top spot.

2. Super Soaker 300
Lacking a bit in shot spread for riot control this weapon makes up for it with longer shot time, slightly inferior to the 3200 in everything, but this pumps much quicker making the 2 interchangeable for #1

3. Monster XL
Ranking lower in Conservation than the 3200 and 300, but still ranking well in Domination, and Riot Control make this weapon a strong contender

4. CPS 2700
with just a tad less domination than the MXL, the increased field life and shot time put them almost equal

5. CPS 2500
less cumbersome than most on this list the heavy 20x burns though ammo with little to show for it but still has 2 good settings with descant shot time

6. CPS 2000
the 25x nozzle burns through ammo at an ungodly rate, ranking higher than anything eles in domination but lacks the spread or shot time to hold against numbers
Agree ? disagree ? comment with your personal list of best mass soakfest primarys
If you ever bother reading these, I worry for your mental sanity. :oo:

HBWW

Re: Massed Soakfest Primarys

Post by HBWW » Fri Jul 12, 2013 10:31 pm

I have a CPS and APH that would be great for such soakfests. Backpacks and controllable output via nozzle selection, and long pumps keep the pressure on the opponents. I think anything with good pump volume and capacity is ideal for soakfests in general.
HydroBrawl Water Warfare

Discord: m0useCat

soakinader

Post by soakinader » Sat Jul 13, 2013 1:18 am

Yeah, when it comes to a soakfest, the only thing that matters is intimidation. I would add the Monster X to this list for sure. Anything over 3 feet long with big nozzles is good to have. Mind you, with only a CPS 1500, I was able to keep the hordes at bay at the last soakfest I attended (VAW'12) but then again, the only competitive guns there was a Vindicator (who was on my side) and a bucket.
My friends call me Nader. My foes just run.
Photos relocated to: https://www.flickr.com/photos/151868511 ... 8741427445
I find 'em, I fix 'em.

the oncoming storm

Post by the oncoming storm » Sat Jul 13, 2013 9:51 am

I'm going to write an article on intimidation in water fights, for Icewatercombat.wordpress.com in a bit
If you ever bother reading these, I worry for your mental sanity. :oo:

soakinader

Post by soakinader » Sat Jul 13, 2013 2:42 pm

If you do write an article there are a few things to keep in mind:
Bigger is better. But things aren't always what they seem. EG, the EX 630. CPS 2000 sized cannon with a fun-sized PR fed nozzle. It may intimidate by looks but in performance it is a joke. It might as well be a giant SS50.
My friends call me Nader. My foes just run.
Photos relocated to: https://www.flickr.com/photos/151868511 ... 8741427445
I find 'em, I fix 'em.

marauder

Post by marauder » Sat Jul 13, 2013 5:17 pm

Man, I bet that takes a lot of pumps when it gets low on water!
https://hydrowar.wordpress.com/
SEAL wrote:If you ain't bloody and muddy by the end of the day, you went to a Nerf war.