Most and Least Maneuverable Blasters

Discussions of all varieties of stock water guns and water blasters.
marauder
WWN League Team: Havoc

Most and Least Maneuverable Blasters

Post by marauder » Fri Jul 05, 2013 12:32 am

Ok guys, I need your help. As you know, I have been doing a lot of work on the new Hydrowar this Spring and Summer. I'm happy to say that it's > 75% complete. Right now I'm working on the final review format. This is what I have so far: https://hydrowar.wordpress.com/cps-2000/ This will not be the final copy, but I'm getting pretty close. On the left hand side you'll see a section called "ratings." Some of these will be based on statistics, and so it'll be pretty easy to come up with a rating. Others, specifically maneuverability are much more of a matter of opinion.

A blaster's maneuverability, including overall balance, ease of firing, weight, shape, etc. is going to vary from one person to another. Which is why I'm asking for your opinion. What would you consider the least maneuverable blaster(s)? What would you consider the largest blaster that you can still move with AND OPERATE not only quickly, but with agility?

Give me only 2 if you'd like, or rank 'em 1 through as many guns as you can remember!
https://hydrowar.wordpress.com/
SEAL wrote:If you ain't bloody and muddy by the end of the day, you went to a Nerf war.

the oncoming storm

Re: Most and Least Maneuverable Blasters

Post by the oncoming storm » Fri Jul 05, 2013 9:04 am

I am still Impressively agile with my 300 able to dodge most shots (Once a gorgon and explorer failed to make a kill against me in a 30 minute firefight), the limit is my Gorgon where anything smaller doesn't cause a change.
If you ever bother reading these, I worry for your mental sanity. :oo:

SEAL
WWN League Team: Catskill Mountain SEALs

Post by SEAL » Fri Jul 05, 2013 10:21 am

The least maneuverable blaster I ever used was my APH, but if we're talking stock, I'll probably go with the SS/XP 300, and probably the CPS 3200 as well. Those backpacks just suck (well I don't know about the 3200, but I assume it does based on what people have said). The largest blaster that I've used where I can still run, dodge, and operate at 100% would probably be the CPS 1500/1700, though I'm pretty mobile with the 2700 as well (but probably not 100%). Surprisingly, I seem to be less mobile with the Gorgon than with those previously mentioned. I attribute that to the rather poor balance/ergonomics. I know it's powerful, but I honestly do not like using it.
~Hotel Oscar Golf~

We probably won't be back, but the legacy lives on.

marauder

Post by marauder » Fri Jul 05, 2013 1:10 pm

You're never 100% as agile, flexible, or dextrous with a gun as you are solo, but for me I really can't tell until I get to the medium air pressure range. Put it this way, aside from not being able to stick it in my shirt there's basically nothing I can't do with an XP 110 that I could do with a Cricket. I'd consider the XP 110 the largest gun to which I'd give myself a ~100% mobility rating.

After that I'd go with an XP 270. It's actually a little smaller than the 110, but I find the 110's balance to be a difference maker. Although I can run at max speed with both guns I find that the 110's balance allows me to be as accurate as I can be while firing with 1 hand. Although I'd say I'm pretty accurate firing a 270 one handed, I can tell a difference. I can also fire the 110 accurately with 1 hand while dodging. Lastly, the pump is just a little quicker and feels better in my hands. Those are all very small things that probably wouldn't make a difference in a battle, but the thing is, they could. So if I was speaking for myself I'd give the 110 a 100% mobility rating and the 270 a 98%. Here's just a few notable ratings I'd throw out just based on personal use:

XP 110 100%
SC 500 100%
SS 100 99%
XP 270 98%
XP 150 97%
Colossus 96%
Max D 6000 95%
CPS 1000 88%
Blazer 85%
Vindicator 55%
Gorgon 55%
CPS 4100 50%
CPS 1500 46%
CPS 2000 45%
Monster X 41%
CPS 2700 38%
Monster XL 10%
CPS 3200 1%
SS 300 1%

This was difficult. For instance, I find a fully loaded Vindicator easier to move with than a fully loaded Gorgon - but I find a half loaded Gorgon easier to move with then a half loaded Vindicator. So I rated them the same. Also, by 1% I don't mean my mobility is down to 1%. I just put 1% to mean "least mobile."
https://hydrowar.wordpress.com/
SEAL wrote:If you ain't bloody and muddy by the end of the day, you went to a Nerf war.

isoaker

Post by isoaker » Fri Jul 05, 2013 4:17 pm

For me, there are two limitations:
for aiming accuracy, long, arm-heavy blasters slow me down the most. As such, a fully loaded Monster XL and CPS2700 reduce my ability to aim quickly.

for overall mobility, total weight, even when distribute on my shoulders, seems to affect me more. Thus, the CPS3000 and CPS3200 slow down my overall movability since I can't run or turn as quickly with the added weight, not to mention added parts.

I'd rate myself at 90% maneuverable with blasters around the size and weight of the loaded CPS1000/Water Warriors Vindicator. I don't mind the two-handed nature of the Vindicator. For ~100% mobility, the blaster would need to be smaller than the XP110/XP310.

:cool:
:: Leave NO one dry! :: iSoaker.com .:

HBWW

Post by HBWW » Fri Jul 05, 2013 10:53 pm

I think I get the best combat capability to mobility ratio with any 1200/1000/2100. I work reasonably well with the 1500 as well. The 2000/2500 is where it gets odd: I'm liking the 2500 less than I did before; would prefer the 2000 for that extra range. Either way, I can move quickly enough with that form factor, although I may have gotten a bit slower after transitioning to no longer using slings while in a game.
HydroBrawl Water Warfare

Discord: m0useCat

martianshark

Post by martianshark » Sat Jul 06, 2013 1:00 pm

My least maneuverable blaster is probably my CPS 2700. I think the best gun I have that's easily maneuverable is the CPS 1200.
CA99 wrote:It's funny because you can get 5 water bottles and a pencil for much less than $90.

soakinader

Post by soakinader » Sun Jul 07, 2013 3:09 pm

I think that it's worth noting that there is a difference (at least for me) between having 100% mobility and having one or both of my hands free. I find that guns that I can run and move at full speed with (up to the CPS 1500) I may have to sling across my back in order to move on more difficult terrain (on rough hills and between trees in a forest, for example). If I keep one hand on the CPS 1500, I can still move but slow and carefully. Then again, with a CPS 1000, Monster, or Gorgon sized gun tightened over my back, I can move at full speed practically anywhere. If I have to hold it in one hand at the ready, I can move around but jumping and climbing is a little bit tricky. The difference between having both hands on a gun in mid-combat (for pumping and shooting) having 1 hand, or no hands is a crucial factor for mobility on anything but flat terrain.
My friends call me Nader. My foes just run.
Photos relocated to: https://www.flickr.com/photos/151868511 ... 8741427445
I find 'em, I fix 'em.