iSoaker.com Poll Oddity

Discussions of all varieties of stock water guns and water blasters.
isoaker

iSoaker.com Poll Oddity

Post by isoaker » Tue May 21, 2013 3:04 pm

On iSoaker.com, I've been running a poll for What's your favourite new stock water blaster for 2013? on the right side of the inner section. It began with the majority selecting various Water Warriors water blasters (probably members of our community), but has recently seen an increase in the number of Nerf Super Soaker models chosen. When I see three votes for the Flash Blast, I begin to wonder whether those people have actually ever used any other water blaster. While I try to remain objective on things, I do wonder whether the poll has been tainted by some hiased voters. Then again, perhaps, to some, the Flash Blast is their favourite new water blaster. :oo:

:cool:
:: Leave NO one dry! :: iSoaker.com .:

marauder
WWN League Team: Havoc

Re: iSoaker.com Poll Oddity

Post by marauder » Tue May 21, 2013 3:31 pm

Very interesting. You should have another poll that says how many soakers do you own? Or what is the oldest soaker you own? While there's probably no way of getting exactly the same people that answered the former poll to answer the latter there should still be a good amount of overlap. Even if that's not the case, it'd still be good to know what kind of water warriors are visiting your site.
https://hydrowar.wordpress.com/
SEAL wrote:If you ain't bloody and muddy by the end of the day, you went to a Nerf war.

isoaker

Post by isoaker » Tue May 21, 2013 3:44 pm

I was thinking along the lines of seeing what water blasters users have experience with. I'll probably have a new poll up next month.

HBWW

Post by HBWW » Tue May 21, 2013 10:49 pm

To be fair, I just voted for the Python 2 and it's the only 2013 blaster I've actually seen and fired. Unfair for the Colossus 2, but I don't go out of my way each year just to try the new blasters.
HydroBrawl Water Warfare

Discord: m0useCat

scottthewaterwarrior
WWN League Team: Catskill Mountain SEALs

Post by scottthewaterwarrior » Wed May 22, 2013 1:17 am

I recently acquired the Python 2 and like it much better then the Colossus 2 (maybe even the Colossus 1, though it has been a while since I've used that). I would vote for it, but I haven't had experiance with the Drench N Blast so it would be unfair for me to vote on the Python 2 without at least watching some videos of the other guns I haven't used.
"If you are wet at the end of a water war, you are doing it wrong"
Van: "What happened?" SEAL: "Scott Happened"
Alex: "But the stream is cold." Me: "It's fine, my feet really hurt, now they're numb!"

soakinader

Post by soakinader » Wed May 22, 2013 2:16 am

I actually do like the flash blast. I mean, it's pathetic as a water gun. (worth noting I didn't vote!)
But this isn't a poll for the most effective/best water gun of 2013.
You cock and shoot it like a real gun. It's kind of fun, and it functions differently from 95% of all other water guns, so... there. Style points or something.
My friends call me Nader. My foes just run.
Photos relocated to: https://www.flickr.com/photos/151868511 ... 8741427445
I find 'em, I fix 'em.

DX

Post by DX » Wed May 22, 2013 2:21 am

Lol, 6 style points, one for each mL of water it shoots.
marauder wrote:You have to explain things in terms that kids will understand, like videogames^ That's how I got Sam to stop using piston pumpers

HBWW

Post by HBWW » Wed May 22, 2013 9:39 am

By that metric, the Water Warriors Splat Blaster ought to get 15 points! (Plus bonus points for doing the same thing 6 years before the Flash Blast.)

http://www.isoaker.com/Armoury/Analysis ... aster.html
HydroBrawl Water Warfare

Discord: m0useCat

SEAL
WWN League Team: Catskill Mountain SEALs

Post by SEAL » Wed May 22, 2013 10:41 am

I never even voted because I haven't had experience with any of the new blasters. I've been shot at by the Colossus 2 and Python 2, but that's it. I would've voted for the Colossus 2 (since it has a separate PC), but I decided not to because it's a downgrade from last year's model, and I didn't vote for the Python 2 because I'm tired of seeing new pressurized reservoir blasters (even though the blaster may be quite good).

As for people voting for Nerf squirters, who the heck knows. It's probably a bunch of kids who don't know any better, they just vote for them because they look like the weapons from their favorite video game.
~Hotel Oscar Golf~

We probably won't be back, but the legacy lives on.

martianshark

Post by martianshark » Wed May 22, 2013 1:58 pm

I reluctantly voted for the Colossus 2, although later I got a Python 2 and I love it. I definitely see why it was voted the best.

By the way, I don't see a place to comment on the best 2013 water gun page.
CA99 wrote:It's funny because you can get 5 water bottles and a pencil for much less than $90.

isoaker

Post by isoaker » Wed May 22, 2013 4:01 pm

martianshark wrote:By the way, I don't see a place to comment on the best 2013 water gun page.
I re-opened commenting and extended the time before article comments automatically close. Let me know if you still don't see commenting.