Super Soaker S.E.

Discussions of all varieties of stock water guns and water blasters.
isoaker

Super Soaker S.E.

Post by isoaker » Wed May 15, 2013 2:32 pm

Just when I thought I knew about all the variations/models of Super Soakers, one appears that I just had never seen (not even in some old Larami catalogs).

Here's the Super Soaker S.E. (I presume standing for "Standard Edition" or "Starter Edition")
Super Soaker S.E.
Super Soaker S.E.
supersoaker_se_00_800.jpg (81.4 KiB) Viewed 1522 times
As the design suggests, it's a mix between the Super Soaker SS 50 and Super Soaker SS 100; lots of similarity to a pressure-chamberless SS 60. Unfortunately, at present, this blaster does not appear to be building any pressure, but I haven't tried filling it, yet. I'll see later if it still can produce a stream, but it's in only so-so condition. Copyright on the side says 1992, but I have yet to find any other information about this model.

:cool:
:: Leave NO one dry! :: iSoaker.com .:

SEAL
WWN League Team: Catskill Mountain SEALs

Re: Super Soaker S.E.

Post by SEAL » Wed May 15, 2013 2:42 pm

Hmm, interesting. However it looks to me just like a recolored and renamed SS 40. Maybe S.E. stands for "Special Edition"?

Where did you get this?
~Hotel Oscar Golf~

We probably won't be back, but the legacy lives on.

isoaker

Post by isoaker » Wed May 15, 2013 2:45 pm

SEAL wrote:Hmm, interesting. However it looks to me just like a recolored and renamed SS 40. Maybe S.E. stands for "Special Edition"?
Where did you get this?
Indeed, it is pretty much a re-colored SS40. Forgot about that one (since I never actually opened mine :goofy: )

As for getting it, where else? eBay. :goofy:

HBWW
WWN League Team: Havoc

Post by HBWW » Wed May 15, 2013 3:00 pm

No pressure building, probably still shoots further than the Electrostorm.
HydroBrawl Water Warfare

Discord: m0useCat

marauder
WWN League Team: Havoc

Post by marauder » Wed May 15, 2013 4:35 pm

Very interesting. I had a lot of fun with my SS 40 back in the day... back when it was rereleased :lol: I think there's a lot of rare color releases that we don't know about yet and may never know about. Think about how rare some stock guns are, such as the XP Pool Pumper Blaster, let alone how rare different color variations are.

Recently I've flirted with the idea of purchasing several different color versions and mixing the parts until I have my ideal shell. Currently speaking that would be my custom XP 70. I have the purple shell with the lime green pump and dark blue tanks. I am contemplating getting an XP 70 with a lime green reservoir and replacing the reservoir to make it lime. Then again, I'm not sure how the purple/navy PC would look with a lime tank. I could always replace it with an XP 270 pc though.

I'm all for different color releases. Even if they have different titles.
https://hydrowar.wordpress.com/
SEAL wrote:If you ain't bloody and muddy by the end of the day, you went to a Nerf war.

isoaker

Post by isoaker » Wed May 29, 2013 12:09 pm

Super Soaker S.E. partial review posted on iSoaker.com

After filling it, it does pressurize, but due to its age and uncertainty over the stability of some of its plastic parts, I opted not to try to fully pressurize it. My bet is that it would perform in its days on par with the original Super Soaker 50, though with a little less water capacity. I'm seeing if I can dig up any more info on the history of this model; will update the review if I do find out more.

For now, enjoy the pics and limited statistics!

soakinader

Post by soakinader » Wed May 29, 2013 11:15 pm

Sounds just like an SS40 to me. Maybe some kind of ... well, you know, something like the Power rangers versions of the SS line? I'm sure there is some character or TV show that S.E. is referring to.
My friends call me Nader. My foes just run.
Photos relocated to: https://www.flickr.com/photos/151868511 ... 8741427445
I find 'em, I fix 'em.