Hands-On: Water Warriors Python 2 @ iSoaker.com

Discussions of all varieties of stock water guns and water blasters.
isoaker

Hands-On: Water Warriors Python 2 @ iSoaker.com

Post by isoaker » Fri Feb 08, 2013 1:31 pm

Well, since most of the other blasters in the 2013 line-up have had some exposure already here, I figured I'd push up the Water Warriors Python 2 review up first!

In short, the Python 2 is truly an improved version of the Water Warriors Python. Equal large stream power, slightly better burst power, larger reservoir, and great ergonomics, this is one solid upgrade to the original. Some may complain about its lack of a separate pressure chamber, but truthfully, when filled properly, this blaster provides good power and the fact it only has a single reservoir actually means it can carry more water than if space were required to put in a separate PC. I'm all for separate pressure chambers for larger blasters, but this one seems to work well as a pressurized reservoir system. Of course, the main drawback to the long reservoir is that downward firing angles are more limited due to the positioning of the inner tubing.

:cool:
:: Leave NO one dry! :: iSoaker.com .:

SEAL
WWN League Team: Catskill Mountain SEALs

Re: Hands-On: Water Warriors Python 2 @ iSoaker.com

Post by SEAL » Fri Feb 08, 2013 1:39 pm

Well, that's good. I still wish it had a Defender-style PC though. It could be really great.
~Hotel Oscar Golf~

We probably won't be back, but the legacy lives on.

marauder
WWN League Team: Havoc

Post by marauder » Fri Feb 08, 2013 3:49 pm

Some guns are the exception to the rule. Generally speaking, I think the XP 75 is too large to be PR and yet it, or at least the mk3 I had, worked very well. The only real problem it had was firing downward, like you said about the Python 2. The nozzle options were my favorite thing about the Python. It's impressive that they improved on that.
https://hydrowar.wordpress.com/
SEAL wrote:If you ain't bloody and muddy by the end of the day, you went to a Nerf war.

Fishfan

Post by Fishfan » Fri Feb 08, 2013 4:40 pm

I think I will get this one for my brother, he used to use my XP 270 but now it leaks from a hole in the reservoir.

isoaker

Post by isoaker » Fri Feb 08, 2013 7:47 pm

Fishfan wrote:I think I will get this one for my brother, he used to use my XP 270 but now it leaks from a hole in the reservoir.
Patching a reservoir hole shouldn't be too hard. If it was the pressure chamber on the XP270, I'd be more cautious, but depending on where the leak may be, some glue or even tape might suffice.

As for reviews on the new 2013 Water Warriors line, I'll work on the Hydro Current next followed by the Drench 'n Blast. For those who didn't notice, stats on most of the blasters are actually already online.

:cool:
:: Leave NO one dry! :: iSoaker.com .:

scottthewaterwarrior
WWN League Team: Catskill Mountain SEALs

Post by scottthewaterwarrior » Fri Feb 08, 2013 10:55 pm

And I used to thing the Equalizer was a good, mid sized, PR gun. Forget that thing, I want one of these! I passed up the original Python for the Colossus but unless I see a Colossus 1 anywhere I'd probably pick this one up over the Colossus 2.

As far as fixing a leaky tank goes, put a little bit of glue putty over the hole. This works quite well as long as the hole isn't too big.
I wish I still had my XP-270, I threw it out years ago. I doubt mine could have been fixed though, there was more hole then tank!
"If you are wet at the end of a water war, you are doing it wrong"
Van: "What happened?" SEAL: "Scott Happened"
Alex: "But the stream is cold." Me: "It's fine, my feet really hurt, now they're numb!"

Fishfan

Post by Fishfan » Sat Feb 09, 2013 12:47 pm

^^ lol. I'm going to try glue putty, but first I have to get it. But I still want the python 2.