Water Warriors Drench 'n Blast at Target

Discussions of all varieties of stock water guns and water blasters.
marauder
WWN League Team: Havoc

Re: Water Warriors Drench 'n Blast at Target

Post by marauder » Fri Feb 01, 2013 4:22 pm

The yellow bulb is for styling. Why have 2 green bulbs on the CPS 1500? It can probably shoot past 33 feet, but it may take the right combination of air and water in the tank along with a large number of pumps. I didn't stand out there for 5 minutes taking multiple shots and multiple measurements, let alone go out multiple times and do that like I usually do. Someone else can figure that out, I'm not going to. Yes, the range is reminiscent of the Hydroblade, but with greater output and less force. It has a slower stream speed and good lamination, which are probably related. In this way, the stream reminds me a lot of the SC Big Trouble's 1.5x or whatever stream. It stays together well, but doesn't go far at all and isn't very powerful.
https://hydrowar.wordpress.com/
SEAL wrote:If you ain't bloody and muddy by the end of the day, you went to a Nerf war.

isoaker

Post by isoaker » Fri Feb 01, 2013 4:26 pm

SEAL wrote:I'm actually surprised that it doesn't shoot that far, as there are PR guns that can hit close to 40', like the MD 4000 and Viper, both of which have much smaller reservoirs than this blaster. But PR guns can be kind of finicky. My Equalizer has a weird habit of misting out occasionally, even though I pump it up all the way and hold it the right way. It usually only does that at the beginning of the shot, then the stream corrects itself. Anyway, I really don't see why the Drench 'n' Blast can't have a separate PC. Why have that yellow bulb-thing there at all?
I totally agree that the Drench 'n Blast really should have had a separate pressure chamber. Not quite sure what they were thinking when they thought a very large pressurized reservoir would be a good idea. Something that big would need a good 80-100 pumps (assuming typical pump volumes) to get a good charge. That said, I think marauder got such low performance since he overfilled the reservoir. PR blasters are tricky and need 1/4 to 1/3 air left in them to give good results. If you fill close to the top, the blaster really just doesn't have enough space to pack enough pressurized air to make meaningful shots. I do like the dual-trigger idea, but the end result leave a bunch to be desired.

:cool:
:: Leave NO one dry! :: iSoaker.com .:

DukeSoakem

Post by DukeSoakem » Fri Feb 01, 2013 5:05 pm

What a shame, as it showed promise.

A PR blaster with a tank as big as this could have good power with a nice balance of air and water. However there's one big thing here to me from the internal picture that let's things down, and that's the pump shaft. It is really short so the volume of air being pumped through with every stroke is very small, enough to the point where it would simply take too long to pump for a nice long powerful blast. It really needs to have at least double if not triple the volume or more to be effective in a reservoir this big. I can't really see a way of increasing it since the pump is joined to the second trigger and valve and is not solely on it's own. I remember the pumps in the older PR XP's like the 55 and 75 being larger and longer which meant they were much more efficient. Although saying that, perhaps due to manufacturing costs and other things I probably don't know about perhaps it is harder to make larger and more efficient pumps on stuff like this in todays market compared to way back then.

Nemesis

Post by Nemesis » Fri Feb 01, 2013 5:12 pm

what. a. let down. i had high hopes for this blaster. what i dont like about this gun is that it discourages kids from buying WW. thats what annoys me most. however, kids might love the drench nozzle, you never know. I`m with SEAL: pweeeese let there be a gorgon 2!
"The world is yours" - Nas

Fishfan

Post by Fishfan » Fri Feb 01, 2013 7:35 pm

You have to have room for the trigger mechanism.

isoaker

Post by isoaker » Tue Feb 12, 2013 12:28 pm

I finished writing up a mostly full review on the Water Warriors Drench 'n Blast. As marauder noted, the colour-schemes are a little different between his and mine. As well, I managed to get better performance during my testing since I did spend a little more time filling and pressurizing things properly. However, as already noted, if you don't fill and pressurize this blaster well, it's performance ends up being rather poor. Filled and primed properly, it behaves well, but not really exceptionally, either. The dual trigger and placement of the trigger on the front grip works, IMO, but the Drench 'n Blast really would have benefited from a separate pressure chamber, especially were that PC a CPS/elastic-bladder one. In its current form, it's functional, but not the easiest blaster to get the best performance from.

Edit: don't know why the reservoir volume stat isn't showing up at the moment; will fix that soon.

:cool:
:: Leave NO one dry! :: iSoaker.com .:

marauder

Post by marauder » Tue Feb 12, 2013 3:47 pm

This is a great concept that will hopefully be revisited... maybe when the CPS patent runs up. I would just be happy if they came out with a Drench N Blast 2 next year with a 60 oz reservoir and 20 oz pc rather than 100 or whatever oz reservoir.
https://hydrowar.wordpress.com/
SEAL wrote:If you ain't bloody and muddy by the end of the day, you went to a Nerf war.