New Water Warriors - Colossus 2

Discussions of all varieties of stock water guns and water blasters.
Buffdaddy

Re: New Water Warriors - Colossus 2

Post by Buffdaddy » Thu Jan 17, 2013 1:38 pm

mr. dude wrote:
isoaker wrote:Internal pics; nice!

Side question: tools in the car, I understand, but why are you opening the blaster in your car? :goofy:
Long boring drive maybe?

If you thought texting and driving is dangerous...
Haha, no. Occasionally if I'm parked somewhere (at school, outside the thrift store, etc) I'll take things apart.

marauder
WWN League Team: Havoc

Post by marauder » Sat Jan 19, 2013 10:06 pm

I love how large the tube from the reservoir to the pump is.
https://hydrowar.wordpress.com/
SEAL wrote:If you ain't bloody and muddy by the end of the day, you went to a Nerf war.

SEAL
WWN League Team: Catskill Mountain SEALs

Post by SEAL » Sun Jan 20, 2013 11:49 am

So! This blaster uses a pull valve. That most likely means that the original did too, which explains the poor stream lamination. The Vanquisher, which uses a ball valve, has great lamination. That said, I don't have very high hopes for this new blaster. Sure, it's better than anything from Hasbro, but BBT's older blasters seem like better choices in the field. I'm still hoping for a good new dual-PC blaster, but if it uses a pull valve as well, I probably won't buy one unless it shoots like 45 feet or something. Ball valves are simply superior to pull valves, and I hope the Gorgon has a ball valve (it probably does, considering that it's basically a re-released Orca).

The only blaster with a pull valve that has good lamination in my experience (aside from large CPS-class blasters), is my XP 270. That blaster's stream rivals my Vanquisher and MD 6000! That's probably why it shoots so far.
~Hotel Oscar Golf~

We probably won't be back, but the legacy lives on.

isoaker

Post by isoaker » Sun Jan 20, 2013 12:56 pm

The original Colossus used a pull valve. See: Water Warriors Colossus internals. as for pull versus ball valves, perhaps ball valves offer better lamination if they open fully, but all the original CPS series used pull valves so I can't really put too much focus on the valve for performance.

:cool:
:: Leave NO one dry! :: iSoaker.com .:

SEAL

Post by SEAL » Sun Jan 20, 2013 1:10 pm

Well it doesn't seem to be an issue with large blasters, but on smaller blasters (the size of this blaster), ball valves seem to have a fair advantage over pull valves. That's just based my observations though.
~Hotel Oscar Golf~

isoaker

Post by isoaker » Sun Jan 20, 2013 1:21 pm

Wanting 45 feet from an air pressure-based water blaster is being somewhat demanding. :goofy: Heck, most of the CPS blasters I've tested don't make the 45 foot mark.

:cool:
:: Leave NO one dry! :: iSoaker.com .:

SEAL

Post by SEAL » Sun Jan 20, 2013 1:43 pm

Same here; the only CPS blasters I have that can break 45' are my brothers' 2500s (mine can almost make it at 44'), and a 21K with 30 balloons. As for air pressure, my APH hit 53 feet on its best nozzle. :lol:
~Hotel Oscar Golf~

marauder

Post by marauder » Sun Jan 20, 2013 2:41 pm

In my opinion, any small stream that shoots 40 ft or whatever is going to have less lamination due to the size of the stream vs distance traveled. The speed needed for such a thin amount of water to travel that far means its going to be a bit turbulent. I understand the complaints about the lamination, but considering the the pros and cons im happy with the colossus.
SEAL wrote:If you ain't bloody and muddy by the end of the day, you went to a Nerf war.

the oncoming storm

Post by the oncoming storm » Sun Jan 20, 2013 3:48 pm

If you want a perfect of lamination's impact on range here you go. The 300 uses a ball valve and conical nozzle, Because it has excellent lamination its super fast stream gets 50' with ease. 2500's for comparison have = output on the 5x setting but only shoot 45' due to less lamination
If you ever bother reading these, I worry for your mental sanity. :oo:

marauder

Post by marauder » Mon Mar 23, 2015 9:17 am

I just picked up a NIB Colossus 2 for $10. Great buy. After messing around with it I think I like the handling better than on the original Colossus. It feels really nice, and I think that with a new pump installed it could be really good. I'm going to try to acquire a working 150 pump or something similar (maybe the pump from Rob's broken 275) and try to put it in.

Expect a review on Hydrowar and hopefully a youtube video by the end of the month.

the oncoming storm

Post by the oncoming storm » Mon Mar 23, 2015 11:25 am

Hey Marauder glad to see hydro-war is getting a review on the C2, and a video too, wow...

Just remember to post it on the WWN youtube channel this time.

Personally I believe that the C2's downfall at Duelfest was because of the significantly smaller PC than the Colossus. Although without modifying the shell it can't fit one any larger.
If you ever bother reading these, I worry for your mental sanity. :oo:

SEAL

Post by SEAL » Mon Mar 23, 2015 3:03 pm

All I could see on the main index page was "New Water Warriors - Colo..." and I thought that maybe someone discovered a Colossus 3 or something, haha. Oh well. Looking forward to the review and video, that's always cool.
~Hotel Oscar Golf~