Stock Water Blaster Predictions for 2013

Discussions of all varieties of stock water guns and water blasters.
isoaker

Stock Water Blaster Predictions for 2013

Post by isoaker » Thu Nov 01, 2012 1:19 pm

With Nov just arriving, it's about the right time to begin our yearly stock water blaster prediction thread. Of course, it seems that we already have some insight into some stock water blaster models, namely:
Nerf Super Soaker Shotwave - pump action
Nerf Super Soaker Arctic Shock - pump action; chills water (?)
Nerf Super Soaker Switchshot - pump action; additional feature (?)

and the accessories
Nerf Super Soaker Banana Clip - elongated water magazine compatible with various Nerf Super Soaker models
Nerf Super Soaker X-Treme Hydro Pack - clip/magazine compatible 100oz backpack reservoir

That said, think there will be other new Nerf Super Soaker models? If so, what would they be like? What about the Water Warriors line; what, if any, new blasters are in store from them? Any other new blasters from another company as well that may be worthy of our community's recognition?

This thread will remain open until we know for sure what is coming for 2013.

Soak on!

:cool:
:: Leave NO one dry! :: iSoaker.com .:

Poseidon2000
WWN League Team: Catskill Mountain SEALs

Re: Stock Water Blaster Predictions for 2013

Post by Poseidon2000 » Thu Nov 01, 2012 2:05 pm

isoaker

Post by isoaker » Fri Nov 02, 2012 10:36 am

Looking at the general history of the Water Warriors line, Buzz Bee Toys Inc. seems to release more new blasters every other year on odd numbered years. That would suggest that there should be a good number of new models in 2013. However, for this year, they had just released 3 newer styles of water blasters (4 if you include the Steady Stream 2 that just has a re-shaped reservoir). Since BBT tends to stick with general model shapes for a couple of years, the number of new models to appear next year may not be as high as previous odd-numbered years have been.

I'd guess that the Colossus, Python, and Viper would still be appearing on 2013 shelves, but perhaps they may try for a larger air-pressure water blaster akin to an updated Water Warriors Gorgon.

:cool:
:: Leave NO one dry! :: iSoaker.com .:

SEAL

Post by SEAL » Fri Nov 02, 2012 11:17 am

I'm inclined to agree with iSoaker; BBT will probably release another big line again, though re-releases are likely, similar to the 2011 line.

As for Hasbro, I'm 99% positive that the blasters we've seen are going to be the only new releases. Hasbro never seems to release more than 4 or 5 new blasters a year.
~Hotel Oscar Golf~

We probably won't be back, but the legacy lives on.

HBWW
WWN League Team: Havoc

Post by HBWW » Fri Nov 02, 2012 2:14 pm

BBT: 2 or 3 separate chamber AP's, and at least 2-4 PR's. The rest piston pumpers and other miscellaneous equipment. Maybe they'll improve their best AP offering powerwise. If not, at least ergonomics will likely improve, as with the Colossus.

Hasbro: No break in the predictable monotony.

But to be fair, the HBWW workshop hasn't done anything new in years either, so we're even. :goofy:
HydroBrawl Water Warfare

Discord: m0useCat

the oncoming storm

Post by the oncoming storm » Fri Nov 02, 2012 7:02 pm

Based on how Gorgons outsold Super Soaker Lightning Storms this year (at least where I live) I wouldn't be surprised if WW releases a blaster sized like the old 1500/1700 to extend their sales lead. :soaked: :blazer:
If you ever bother reading these, I worry for your mental sanity. :oo:

marauder

Post by marauder » Sat Nov 03, 2012 12:26 pm

That'll be it for new releases by Super Soaker, we'll see a few rereleases.

BBT will release 2 AP guns with PCs, 2 AP guns that are pressurized resservoir, and 1 new piston gun, along with a few rereleases. Expect to see the Colossus and Steady Stream 2 still available in some places.
https://hydrowar.wordpress.com/
SEAL wrote:If you ain't bloody and muddy by the end of the day, you went to a Nerf war.

soakinader

Post by soakinader » Sat Nov 03, 2012 3:02 pm

Holy crap! An AP Hydra Pak! I would *kill* for an original Hydra Pak, but I will look forwards to seeing this new one on shelves. But at the same time, I hesitate.

I can't really see antyhing much bigger than a Gorgon being released. That is, if I am not mistaken, the largest water gun BBT has ever made. Maybe we will see some bigger, better Pulse design.

Expect your basic, cheap piston blasters, a few good little AP blasters, and something that will improve on the Colossus, Plus the new Hydra Pak. Crossing my fingers!
My friends call me Nader. My foes just run.
Photos relocated to: https://www.flickr.com/photos/151868511 ... 8741427445
I find 'em, I fix 'em.

SEAL

Post by SEAL » Sat Nov 03, 2012 3:12 pm

Is the Hydra Pak really all that good? I have never heard a single thing about it (nobody I know owns one other than iSoaker) other than that people think it's awesome when it's re-released. iSoaker says that it lasts a long time, but only gets about 30 feet of range. I don't consider that to be very good, except maybe as a backup.
~Hotel Oscar Golf~

Poseidon2000

Post by Poseidon2000 » Sat Nov 03, 2012 3:19 pm

ya see The Soaker's 2nd homemade(little giant)? That uses a hydrapak bladder.

scottthewaterwarrior

Post by scottthewaterwarrior » Mon Nov 05, 2012 11:07 am

I might pick up a Hydro Pack if I see it. It would be a nice tanker gun, but 30ft range? I had enough trouble using my Vindicator (40ft) or even 2500 (45ft) against CPS 2000s, try taking them on with that thing!
I'm hoping BBT will make something like the Vindicator again, it may not have had the best weight balance, but it was very practical in terms of how little unused space it had. Though I wouldn't complain for better trigger valve. Judging by what they are doing now, I could see them coming out with a gun equivalent to the XP 270. It has been a long time since I used that gun, but it was balanced so well I managed to duel wield them while riding a scooter!

As far as Hasbro goes, even if they make a re-release of the Monster XL, it will probably just be the shell with the internals of a Thunderstorm! :goofy: You could shoot for ever at .3 oz a second with a tank that big!
"If you are wet at the end of a water war, you are doing it wrong"
Van: "What happened?" SEAL: "Scott Happened"
Alex: "But the stream is cold." Me: "It's fine, my feet really hurt, now they're numb!"

marauder

Post by marauder » Mon Nov 05, 2012 12:20 pm

I'd like to trade you my Vindicator if you are interested.
https://hydrowar.wordpress.com/
SEAL wrote:If you ain't bloody and muddy by the end of the day, you went to a Nerf war.

soakinader

Post by soakinader » Wed Nov 07, 2012 10:19 pm

I don't really care if you can outrange me for a few seconds if I can outlast you by a few minutes.
My friends call me Nader. My foes just run.
Photos relocated to: https://www.flickr.com/photos/151868511 ... 8741427445
I find 'em, I fix 'em.

scottthewaterwarrior

Post by scottthewaterwarrior » Wed Nov 07, 2012 11:21 pm

marauder wrote:I'd like to trade you my Vindicator if you are interested.
Sure; unless something comes up I will probably be taking our minivan to Connecticut. I could probably fit my entire arsenal in the back and still have room for all my cloths/normal trip stuff. While I would rather not bring every thing, I can at least bring a most of my broken guns to trade and or get help fixing. Might even bring some none broken ones so we can have a battle or two! :goofy:
Alex: "But the stream is cold." Me: "It's fine, my feet really hurt, now they're numb!"

SEAL

Post by SEAL » Thu Nov 08, 2012 5:15 pm

soakinader wrote:I don't really care if you can outrange me for a few seconds if I can outlast you by a few minutes.
You would if it was OHK/OHS. You'd be out before you could utilize the extra capacity, which doesn't even matter anyway, as you can make pretty much any blaster (aside from 2Ks and the like) last for an hour of moderate fighting.

Point is, there are better tankers out there than the Hydra Pak. The MD 6000 is one that immediately springs to mind, assuming we're talking about recently available blasters (obviously, the CPS 3200 is be the king of tankers, but isn't easy to get). Although the reservoir isn't enormous, it lasts for a very long time, and can shoot almost 10 feet farther than the Hydra Pak.

Sorry if I'm kind of derailing this topic...
~Hotel Oscar Golf~

DX

Post by DX » Thu Nov 08, 2012 11:27 pm

If you are on my team, please don't waste money on a Hydra Pak. Nibordude had one and I've used it before. It's an awful and impractical water gun, but you have to use it to figure out why (it's not the range actually, but that sucks too).

I really hope there is an improved Colossus. The reservoir could be both larger and wider. The PC is already huge, but it could be wider. If the casing is extended a bit upward, it will give the gun an XP look and make it super durable. BBT did such a great job minimizing the casing that they might have gone slightly too far, haha. I like the small pump actually, because it makes it easier to build higher pressure. I'm pretty sure this is why the Colossus outranges similar guns like the XP 150. The Colossus could use a more water-themed repaint, too. I'd love to see BBT get a standard going with its "N" nozzles here - N5, N10, and maybe N15 or N20, with about 45ft of range on N10. That would only be like 5x output, which is a totally possible optimization point for an AP gun with a big PC. Make this the AP CPS 2500 and it will be have huge staying power.

What would also be awesome is a dual chamber AP gun between the Colossus and Gorgon in size. Actually, a Gorgon setup with 75% less casing would suffice. It's why I really am turned off by the Blazer, Lightning, Orca, Tiger Shark, Gorgon style designs - there's so much casing that there's almost no actual soaker there. The Colossus had to be cheaper to manufacture, using significantly less plastic and cargo space and still achieving very similar performance to the Gorgon.

I also challenge BBT to release a water gun that competes with the SS Defender from 2005. The whole gun is tiny and yet it has a separate AP chamber, automatically raising its potential against its size class. With its huge reservoir for its size, huge cap, conical nozzle, huge range, small pump, small number of pumps, even the Max-D valve, it's as close to perfect as a small water gun can possibly get. I see no reason why BBT can't make something functionally similar. We all thought it was garbage in 2005, but now I would kill for such a model to be released again.

So thats, what would be awesome as a 2013 lineup:

Revamped 45ft shooting Colossus with N5, N10, N15/N20
Revamped 45ft shooting Gorgon with N5, N10, N15, N20
Defender-sized AP gun, 40ft with N7 nozzle
Other small PR guns

However, I also think this would be a great time for a numbered line. I know that BBT prefers names, but with Nerf Super Soaker into names right now, there is opportunity to establish a line with more staying power and recognition. With names, you never remember what is in each year's release. With numbers, you remember the whole line and it looks more like "the standard" rather than "the competition".
marauder wrote:You have to explain things in terms that kids will understand, like videogames^ That's how I got Sam to stop using piston pumpers

scottthewaterwarrior

Post by scottthewaterwarrior » Fri Nov 09, 2012 5:53 pm

The Water Warriors 9001 for all your soaking or firefighting needs! :goofy:
Sorry, I just had to say that.

Though numbers would be a nice way of telling how good a gun is. The CPS isn't quite perfect, but with the exception of the 2000, 1-3-5, and 4100, you could tell pretty well how good a gun was just by the number. I would love a Colossus-ish gun that could make 45 feet with a 5x. I'd probably use that instead of my CPS 2500. The main reason I like that gun is the range, I never even use anything other then the 5x so with a 45ft colossus I would get the performance I want in a much smaller package.

thelaminator
Location: By the time you've read this, It's likely changed again

Post by thelaminator » Fri Nov 23, 2012 8:08 pm

i still don't understand the N# system...
[This account has been abandoned. Posts made by this account do not reflect the current views of the original account owner.]
[This account has not been terminated, for archival reasons.]