Info. on the Iron Man 2 blaster

Discussions of all varieties of stock water guns and water blasters.
Poseidon2000
WWN League Team: Catskill Mountain SEALs

Info. on the Iron Man 2 blaster

Post by Poseidon2000 » Wed Oct 31, 2012 12:37 am

the Iron Man 2 Water Blaster uses ball valves in both trigger areas, stream and flood.

marauder
WWN League Team: Havoc

Re: Info.

Post by marauder » Wed Oct 31, 2012 4:57 am

Interesting, I don't know why it was believed that it used a pull valve... or maybe there are 2 different versions.
https://hydrowar.wordpress.com/
SEAL wrote:If you ain't bloody and muddy by the end of the day, you went to a Nerf war.

isoaker

Re: Info. on the Iron Man 2 blaster

Post by isoaker » Wed Oct 31, 2012 8:25 am

Interesting...

Sidenote: I edited the title of this thread. "Info." won't help much months from now when people may be browsing, wondering what was discussed.
:: Leave NO one dry! :: iSoaker.com .:

SEAL

Post by SEAL » Wed Oct 31, 2012 9:51 am

Actually, I always thought it was a ball valve. :goofy: I just don't see why Hasbro would put a pull valve in a blaster that was originally designed to have a ball valve.
~Hotel Oscar Golf~

We probably won't be back, but the legacy lives on.

marauder

Post by marauder » Thu Jan 10, 2013 10:57 am

I got my hands on an Iron Man 2 in very good condition. Just finished up doing some tests on it. Wow! It's a lot weaker than the 2 Arctic Blasts I own. I get 36 feet out of my Arctic Blasts and only 30 out of my Iron Man 2. The stream visually looks weaker and it feels weaker as well. The blast doesn't go nearly as far either.

Anyone else tested the 2 versions against each other?

I also did an interesting test where I replaced the Arctic Blast's primary PC with a CPS 1200 PC. The stream felt a bit more forceful but max range was still only just a foot further. Same with the blast. The thing is, with nozzles that small (or that big) you can really only shoot so far, no matter how powerful your PC is.
SEAL wrote:If you ain't bloody and muddy by the end of the day, you went to a Nerf war.

thelaminator
Location: By the time you've read this, It's likely changed again

Post by thelaminator » Thu Jan 10, 2013 11:12 am

marauder wrote:I got my hands on an Iron Man 2 in very good condition. Just finished up doing some tests on it. Wow! It's a lot weaker than the 2 Arctic Blasts I own. I get 36 feet out of my Arctic Blasts and only 30 out of my Iron Man 2. The stream visually looks weaker and it feels weaker as well. The blast doesn't go nearly as far either.

Anyone else tested the 2 versions against each other?

I also did an interesting test where I replaced the Arctic Blast's primary PC with a CPS 1200 PC. The stream felt a bit more forceful but max range was still only just a foot further. Same with the blast. The thing is, with nozzles that small (or that big) you can really only shoot so far, no matter how powerful your PC is.
You say "Very good condition", but did you take into account the internals? it's possible the original owner may not hyave used it often, however, accidentally left it pressurized, therefore increasing wear and streching on the bladder, so your results may be a tad off.

I tried it against my blue/green Arctic Blast, as well as my white/blue one, and they all performed about the same, however, I did see a slightly LOWER amount of power on the older versions, but, similar to the above case, it may just be wear.

as for your 1200 test, the small nozzle is so small it's constricting, and the large is so large and non-laminar that it messes with the distance.
[This account has been abandoned. Posts made by this account do not reflect the current views of the original account owner.]
[This account has not been terminated, for archival reasons.]

marauder

Post by marauder » Thu Jan 10, 2013 2:45 pm

That could have happened. I never think about that because one of my CPS 1500s sank to the bottom of a lake, pressurized, and remained there for a year, and yet it still shoots just as far as it did before that happened!

This is why it's important to get multiple tests on these things. Are you getting in the 35 to 36 ft range for all 3?

SEAL

Post by SEAL » Thu Jan 10, 2013 2:54 pm

My de-Max-D modded AB shoots 37 feet with the regular nozzle, but there's something wrong with the riot blast so I can't test that right now. I wonder if the internals of the IM2 differ much from the AB? M4, maybe you can take yours apart and find out.
~Hotel Oscar Golf~

We probably won't be back, but the legacy lives on.

marauder

Post by marauder » Thu Jan 10, 2013 3:00 pm

Half of the screws are stripped. What I do know is that the wire on the flash flood is some type of plastic or synthetic material and not metal like on the actual Flash Flood or original Arctic Blast.

thelaminator
Location: By the time you've read this, It's likely changed again

Post by thelaminator » Mon Feb 04, 2013 7:50 pm

marauder wrote:What I do know is that the wire on the flash flood is some type of plastic or synthetic material and not metal like on the actual Flash Flood or original Arctic Blast.
later releases of the FF and AB did as well. oh, and yes, I'm getting just about 35' on all of them
[This account has been abandoned. Posts made by this account do not reflect the current views of the original account owner.]
[This account has not been terminated, for archival reasons.]