Stock water blaster weight-class grouping

Discussions of all varieties of stock water guns and water blasters.
marauder
WWN League Team: Havoc

Re: Stock water blaster weight-class grouping

Post by marauder » Fri Oct 26, 2012 9:11 am

I think, the point is that this is a very quick way of grouping blasters. With any type of system a little common sense needs to be used (see Lightning Storm). This is just a good, quick way of grouping guns out there.

This is also why it's good that we have several active sites again, you can get multiple perspectives and multiple ways of viewing things.
https://hydrowar.wordpress.com/
SEAL wrote:If you ain't bloody and muddy by the end of the day, you went to a Nerf war.

isoaker

Post by isoaker » Fri Oct 26, 2012 9:36 am

marauder wrote:I think, the point is that this is a very quick way of grouping blasters. With any type of system a little common sense needs to be used (see Lightning Storm). This is just a good, quick way of grouping guns out there.
Exactly. One could also group blasters by pressurization system, then do additional comparisons. Or by color (for some reason) and see if blue blasters may perform better than green ones. :goofy:
marauder wrote:This is also why it's good that we have several active sites again, you can get multiple perspectives and multiple ways of viewing things.
Multiple perspectives are great to have access to.Getting more opinions and taking into account how those opinions were formed help one decide on whether a blaster one hasn't used is more likely right for you.

That said, at least for iSoaker.com, I'll be using dry weight as a general grouping upon which some ratings will be based. A blaster in the light class (<400g) will end up with some expected rating as an average while heavy weight (>1000g) will end up with some other average rating while midweight (400g-1000g) will be expected to have some middle-level rating for some properties (e.g. expect output/power, capacity, etc.). Other blaster properties (e.g. ergonomics or overall rating) will be less weight-dependent. Some blasters near the division marks may be nudged into the adjacent weight category, though, due to size factors, but the dry weight system seems to be a good starting point for comparison, at least IMO.

:cool:
:: Leave NO one dry! :: iSoaker.com .:

soakinader

Post by soakinader » Fri Oct 26, 2012 9:40 pm

Yeah, well basing it off of dry weight is a good start, and in reality it works pretty well. I just imagine there being a 399 g blaster with a 3L reservoir that outperforms a CPS 1000. :) I just my own personal preference to compare guns with the same reservoir sizes.
My friends call me Nader. My foes just run.
Photos relocated to: https://www.flickr.com/photos/151868511 ... 8741427445
I find 'em, I fix 'em.