CPS 3000, or 3200?

Discussions of all varieties of stock water guns and water blasters.
SEAL
WWN League Team: Catskill Mountain SEALs

Re: CPS 3000, or 3200?

Post by SEAL » Wed Sep 26, 2012 4:07 pm

marauder wrote:Also, SEAL's XP 270 MAY just possibly shoot 40 feet like he said.
I actually plan on measuring it again; I can't remember if it was 40 feet to the last drop or last puddle, as we measured it 2 or 3 years ago. It may have also changed with age. It definitely seems to shoot pretty far though (the stream is almost as laminiar as ball-valve blasters.), and I remember I was surprised by how weak Belisaurius's 270 seemed when he shot it at Hydropocalypse.

I want to do range tests on all my blasters again, and I would give M4 the data to add to the Hydrowar database. Might not get around to it for a while though. Maybe instead of average range, we could have a range of uh, ranges for each blaster (for example, CPS 2000 MK2: 46-55 feet.), that way people would know where their blaster stands.
~Hotel Oscar Golf~

We probably won't be back, but the legacy lives on.

marauder
WWN League Team: Havoc

Re: CPS 3000, or 3200?

Post by marauder » Wed Sep 26, 2012 4:20 pm

Here's how I test range:

Fire at a 45 degree angle and measure from the nozzle to the point of impact on the road. Say an XP 270 shoots 35 feet from the end of the nozzle to point of impact on the road that way, I would expect to be able to hit someone from 35 feet away from ME due to the length of the gun/my arm. I have tested this theory with several guns. No, you won't be able to hit someone 35 feet away from the end of your nozzle, but you WILL be able to hit someone 35 feet away from you - which is what matters ultimately anyway.

I do plan on adding range of uh range :lol: for each gun in the statistical database. It may make the actual review too jampacked to list there, but I will adress it in the content of the review, if I haven't already. There's plenty of room for more info in the range database.
https://hydrowar.wordpress.com/
SEAL wrote:If you ain't bloody and muddy by the end of the day, you went to a Nerf war.