Removing the Specific Water Gun / Water Blaster Models

Discussions of all varieties of stock water guns and water blasters.
isoaker

Removing the Specific Water Gun / Water Blaster Models

Post by isoaker » Tue Sep 11, 2012 11:48 am

I'm seriously considering removing this forum and simply merging the posts within into the "Water Guns / Blasters General Discussions .:" Forum. Anyone truly opposed to this idea? One less forum would bring the other forums up more on the page for better exposure. Removing this forum reduces the confusion in some who seem uncertain which of the two water gun forums to post some topics in (for some threads, using one or the other isn't always so clear).

:cool:
:: Leave NO one dry! :: iSoaker.com .:

soakinader

Re: Removing the Specific Water Gun / Water Blaster Models

Post by soakinader » Tue Sep 11, 2012 1:18 pm

PS I hate the internet for eating my posts.

Anyways, I agree on the "These two forums should be one" thingy, but I think that it should be re-split into "Discussions/Reviews" and "Questions/Answers".

Also, the Blaster Workshop needs some work. It would be great if there was a sections just for completed repair/mod guides (just like the NHMD) to make it easier to find info, and have the search function for "pump repair" or "CPS 1500" return more than 0 (useful) results.
My friends call me Nader. My foes just run.
Photos relocated to: https://www.flickr.com/photos/151868511 ... 8741427445
I find 'em, I fix 'em.

isoaker

Post by isoaker » Tue Sep 11, 2012 1:49 pm

soakinader wrote:PS I hate the internet for eating my posts.

Anyways, I agree on the "These two forums should be one" thingy, but I think that it should be re-split into "Discussions/Reviews" and "Questions/Answers".

Also, the Blaster Workshop needs some work. It would be great if there was a sections just for completed repair/mod guides (just like the NHMD) to make it easier to find info, and have the search function for "pump repair" or "CPS 1500" return more than 0 (useful) results.
Initially, I like the idea of the "review/discussion" vs "Q & A" forum, but thinking about how threads evolve, people end up asking questions about blasters in review threads or putting review-like posts in question threads. Thus, the reason for trying to split apart these becomes tricky.

As for the Blaster Workshop, I'd be more inclined into tagging threads that are complete guides as opposed to creating a new forum. Moreover, complete guides really should get migrated to the wiki as opposed to living on the forum. The same can be said for water blaster reviews.

marauder
WWN League Team: Havoc

Post by marauder » Tue Sep 11, 2012 2:44 pm

I concur with the idea. I have moved many a topic from this forum to the general blaster discussion forum and vice versa over the past year, there is too much overlap.

In regards to specific mod guides or reviews you can always add the content to the wiki after your post, or submit it to one of the sites. I have been linking my articles on Hydrowar to my original posts here @ WWN; and vice versa. Creating specific forums for guides, how tos, specific reviews, etc. would be much more viable if the community was much larger and had a good number of moderators to ensure guides were submitted according to protocal. Furthermore, that would be a lot more like what SSC was in my opinion. SSC was great, but I really enjoy the more open nature of the forums here. Lastly, due to the current size of the community I feel like like less is often more. This is why we merged into one forum anyway, you can spread thin rather easily when you have a low number of active members.
https://hydrowar.wordpress.com/
SEAL wrote:If you ain't bloody and muddy by the end of the day, you went to a Nerf war.

Poseidon2000
WWN League Team: Catskill Mountain SEALs

Post by Poseidon2000 » Tue Sep 11, 2012 2:53 pm

hmm... to me, these two would be "generally" the same thing because they have about the same content. Merge 'em!

isoaker

Post by isoaker » Tue Sep 11, 2012 2:55 pm

I'll give the membership a couple of days to consider things before deciding on doing the merge or not. Merging is quick, but if we need to de-convolute afterwards, that's rather labor-intensive so I'd like to avoid that.

SEAL

Post by SEAL » Tue Sep 11, 2012 3:24 pm

I'm in favor of merging them. Exactly why did we have two seperate forums anyway?
~Hotel Oscar Golf~

We probably won't be back, but the legacy lives on.

isoaker

Post by isoaker » Tue Sep 11, 2012 3:41 pm

SEAL wrote:I'm in favor of merging them. Exactly why did we have two seperate forums anyway?
This forum was meant for more review-like threads (iSoaker.net had separate subforums for different brands of water blasters if you recall). To simplify things, all those subforums got condensed into this one for WaterWar.net. With "off-season" quickly approaching, now is the time to do a little more site-side development and planning for the future. Streamlining things would make site management easier so that members can focus on discussion and content development in a way that others can more readily find info on what they are interested in.

isoaker

Post by isoaker » Wed Sep 12, 2012 1:25 pm

Update: since everyone so far is in agreement, unless there is any objection that comes soon, I'll go ahead with the merging of forums tonight.

DX

Post by DX » Wed Sep 12, 2012 5:48 pm

I have no problem with it. However, it would look better balance-wise if we move the Humor/Fun section under Water Guns. Stock models, mods, and wars are all balanced with 3 sections each.
marauder wrote:You have to explain things in terms that kids will understand, like videogames^ That's how I got Sam to stop using piston pumpers

isoaker

Post by isoaker » Thu Sep 13, 2012 7:50 am

Forum contents moved.
Duxburian wrote:I have no problem with it. However, it would look better balance-wise if we move the Humor/Fun section under Water Guns. Stock models, mods, and wars are all balanced with 3 sections each.
While balancing makes it look a little nicer, moving the Humor/Fun section doesn't quite make sense from an organizational point-of-view since those threads deal with more than just water blasters. I'd rather give the League its own Category or push it up beside the WaterWar.net wiki link as opposed to moving the Humor/Fun forum.

Poseidon2000

Post by Poseidon2000 » Thu Sep 13, 2012 4:42 pm

Could work. I see no problem, with the league being a popular forum with a contest.