Backpack?

Discussions of all varieties of stock water guns and water blasters.
Poseidon2000
WWN League Team: Catskill Mountain SEALs

Backpack?

Post by Poseidon2000 » Mon Aug 27, 2012 5:04 pm

I've been wondering, how are back pack guns weaker or stronger performance wise to normal artillery? is a cps 2500 better than a 3000, or the other way around?I'm pretty much thinkin' about those 2...

Also, how the heck does a solar shower backpack work? I'll post this in modifications, so answer that question there.

Backpack or old fashioned resevoir? 2500 or 3000? ss300 or ss100?
ss300 or xp 300?

T
h
a
n
k
s
! :cps2500: :cps3000: :crazydance: :crazydance:

marauder
WWN League Team: Havoc

Re: Backpack?

Post by marauder » Tue Aug 28, 2012 4:54 am

Wearing a backpack allows you to carry more ammo because it's easier for most people to support the weight on their back than with their arms/shoulders. Having a backpack doesn't mean you are going to shoot more water further than if you don't. It just means the weight is being distributed on your back. For instance, both the CPS 2000 and the SS 300 shoot around 50 feet, but one has an on board reservoir and the other a backpack.

I personally am not a big fan of solar showers because you're really not going to need 5 gallons or however much it carries, that will just weigh you down, and if you don't fill it up all the way then it just sloshes around. I much prefer camelbak style backpacks. These are actually designed to be backpacks so they fit a lot better. I use a 4L/128 oz softpak on my XP Pool Pumper Blaster and it works marvelous. Of course, solar showers are cheaper than camelbaks or other 1.5L to 4L softpaks, so there are pros and cons to both.

As for how to connect a solar shower, I will let someone else who actually has one answer that in the mod thread.
https://hydrowar.wordpress.com/
SEAL wrote:If you ain't bloody and muddy by the end of the day, you went to a Nerf war.