Something Rare

Discussions of all varieties of stock water guns and water blasters.
DukeSoakem

Something Rare

Post by DukeSoakem » Mon Aug 20, 2012 5:35 am

I didn't think I'd buy anything else, however just over a week ago I spotted something quite unusual I'd never seen before and chances are the community hasn't either, so I went and bought it.

I was trawling through eBay Germany and noticed a CPS 1700 in a different colour. A really nice one at that, a metallic grey body similar to the 2000, albeit more metallic, with hot red reservoir and pc casings, even the strap hooks are red not orange like I've seen on the other CPS's I have currently. This is real as well, not a fake.

I first thought it had been painted, however I then noticed the Super Soaker logo on the plastic as well as the 4 digit factory code was there, so it can't have been painted. It arrived today and I will say again I really like the color scheme in the flesh, dare I say it I like it better than the 1500's colour. Performance wise it is the same as a standard coloured 1700, so a bit less powerful than the 1500 (I own one of those for reference).

My guess is this was a limited European run, or just a different colour scheme for some European ones like the SC series.
Attachments
IMG_1663.JPG
IMG_1663.JPG (115.51 KiB) Viewed 2398 times

Shrike

Re: Something Rare

Post by Shrike » Mon Aug 20, 2012 6:05 am

my friend had one of these, i opened a topic with some pictures of it once. unfortunately he sold it before i could get my hands on it. :(
it's a limited edition for the german 'kaufhof' chain of stores.

marauder
WWN League Team: Havoc

Post by marauder » Mon Aug 20, 2012 7:27 am

WOW. Someone buy this. Do they ship to the US? That looks better than the 1500 and 1700. Link me to it. I can't seem to find it.
https://hydrowar.wordpress.com/
SEAL wrote:If you ain't bloody and muddy by the end of the day, you went to a Nerf war.

DukeSoakem

Post by DukeSoakem » Mon Aug 20, 2012 10:00 am

I purchased it here just over a week ago, I took the picture shown here. It was on German eBay (eBay.de), there aren't any more of them up currently. Another one did turn up after I bought this one, however it had some sort of nozzle repair, and the seller ended the listing soon after anyway. And before anyone says, I know I probably paid over the top for it, but still I wanted it and felt it would be a cool addition.

The serial/factory number is 1041, which dates it to be made in 2001, when it was discontinued and replaced, must have still had some parts left over to make some more. This is by far the best colour scheme personally, it is actually pretty much the same as the 1-3-5's when you think about it, only unlike the 1-3-5 the 1700 isn't a piece of crap which makes the colour on it even better.

isoaker

Post by isoaker » Mon Aug 20, 2012 10:05 am

Nice grab!

I love the Red and Silver color scheme. Sadly, red water blasters are rarer for some rather bizarre reasons.

:cool:
:: Leave NO one dry! :: iSoaker.com .:

marauder

Post by marauder » Mon Aug 20, 2012 10:13 am

If it's in good condition I would like to buy it from you or trade.
SEAL wrote:If you ain't bloody and muddy by the end of the day, you went to a Nerf war.

DukeSoakem

Post by DukeSoakem » Mon Aug 20, 2012 10:14 am

Very sorry but I'm keeping it.
isoaker wrote:Nice grab!

I love the Red and Silver color scheme. Sadly, red water blasters are rarer for some rather bizarre reasons.

Thanks! Red seems to work well on quite a few things.

atvan

Post by atvan » Mon Aug 20, 2012 11:00 am

It would be funny if someone disregarded you in a war if they glanced over and thought it was a 1-3-5. That is what I thought at first.

Looks nice.
DX wrote:In the neanderthal days of K-modding, people would lop off the whole PRV
Well, not that much soakage.
Beware the Purple

marauder

Post by marauder » Mon Aug 20, 2012 11:16 am

DukeSoakem wrote:Very sorry but I'm keeping it.
isoaker wrote:Nice grab!

Thanks! Red seems to work well on quite a few things.
lingerie... and waterguns. I bought my fiancee a chemise as a wedding gift, accidentally sent it to my address over here. I also did the same with a NIB Defender, also red. When US customs opens up my luggage they are going to be like "Waterguns and lingerie, you are a sick freak" :lol:

GJIV

Post by GJIV » Tue Aug 21, 2012 2:24 am

Did someone buy it already ??? Link ???

marauder

Post by marauder » Tue Aug 21, 2012 7:50 am

Shrike wrote:my friend had one of these, i opened a topic with some pictures of it once. unfortunately he sold it before i could get my hands on it. :(
it's a limited edition for the german 'kaufhof' chain of stores.
What year was this? 2000? 2001?

Shrike

Post by Shrike » Wed Aug 22, 2012 4:13 am

i don't know when they started selling it. could be that they were just sitting in their warehouse for a while. it seems to me that there are still stocks of NIB super soakers sitting around in warehouses over here in germany as they keep reappearing all over the place. about 5 years ago a german online store started selling NIB CPS2500s and a few years back i saw a few CPS1000s in a regular store. even last year a store sold their last stocks of CPS1200s or CPS2100s(cant remember which one) on ebay. i think it was about 6-7 guns.