I need a side arm - and I cannot decide

Discussions of all varieties of stock water guns and water blasters.

I need a side arm - and I cannot decide

hornet
50%
flash flood
50%
artic shock
No votes

Total votes: 16

Dacca

Post by Dacca » Mon Jun 05, 2006 7:53 pm

if your talking about side arms as in soakers that are pistol sized and can be used as a side arm without the need for a strap, then something along the lines of a hornet or liqudator are the best choices. i'm particuarly fond of my hornets for many reasons. when i first picked up a 2 pack last summer in toys-r-us i was supprised to see it there for about $10(us) minus tax. they're also usefull because they come with a belt clip without a need to make one or purchase any extra equipment. also, for pistols their size they have decent range and shot time, while the addition of a pressure gadge is also useful. on a side note, the belt clip that comes with the hornets are pretty good and the hornets stay on well and can be taken off easily without to much force. unfortunatly, the nub on the hornet that attatches to the clip is screwed on and can (and will) fall off if your not carefull. they can be easily screwed back on and tightened but be warned that you have to check that their tight when not in use. other then that they are a pretty good side arm for it's size but if you really want something practical consider using a larger soaker with a strap.
more reliable then a max-D trigger

Prof_Slammin

Post by Prof_Slammin » Tue Jun 06, 2006 7:28 am

Hannibal wrote:Max-D 3000 at Target. The best sizearms I've used. It's teeny, but gets at least 35 feet! You can practicly put it in your pocket. But of course, it may not be what you're looking for, if you want something bigger. But it can easily hold off a light CPS for the time it takes to get the the refil station. It works real well for me. And the stream is 2x, which is impressive for a 9-10 inch soaker.

I agree with you, I have a MaxD-3000 and it's nice and compact but quite powerful at the same time. It would definently make a good choice. But as to the three that you listed I want to know what would be the problem with the Artic Shock, because I was considering getting it? BTW:MY MaxD-3000 has some problems with the pump and any ideas on how to fix this?

Edited By Prof_Slammin on 1149597302
If you live in Jonestown borough of PA or around that area, PM me.

isoaker

Post by isoaker » Tue Jun 06, 2006 7:36 am

The Arctic Shock has a relatively small PC, pump lag, and poorer performance for a soaker of its size. Whether they improved things on the 2006 model is something I haven't had a chance to test, though. The ice-cooled water is fun for awhile, but doesn't really enhance much in terms of true soaking experience. If one considers an Arctic Shock as sidearm-sized, I'd then recommend soakers like the Flash Flood, WW Xenon, or WW Piranha (though others may say these soakers are too large to be called a sidearm). The WW Splat Blaster is a fun option as well. I also recommend soakers like the Max-D2000 and WW Hornet.

:cool:
:: Leave NO one dry! :: iSoaker.com .:

Prof_Slammin

Post by Prof_Slammin » Tue Jun 06, 2006 7:40 am

Hey Isoaker, never got a chance to talk to you.

But everyone, thanks a lot. Of the new supersoaker Max Infusion series, I thought I'd get the Artic Shock first, but I think I'll just get Flash Flood and use its normal shot instead. Thanks all for savng me money.
If you live in Jonestown borough of PA or around that area, PM me.

XP20Warrior

Post by XP20Warrior » Tue Jun 06, 2006 11:26 am

Adrian wrote:If you can find 'em, most of the Storm guns work wonders as holdouts. The 750, 800, and 1200 are all fantastic (and fantastic looking) guns. One of the smaller Pre-Charge guns by Water Warriors would be good, and it strikes me that the Splat Blast from the same line would also make a good backup.

Adrian
I agree with Adrian. Though most people use a large gun as a secondary or backup, I use a smaller gun. It takes art to use it, though. So unless you're good at it, stick with their suggestions.

For me, I recommend a Storm 500, WW Stinger or Cricket, Max-D 2000, or XP-20
"Although it is a beautiful place among the stars, danger lurks in the shadows. That's what Alliance Command's for."

-Captain Ivan Reilly
IGA Intrepid
Closing Speeches After the Xidian Wars

kylemw9

Post by kylemw9 » Tue Jun 06, 2006 9:23 pm

I kinda have to have a smaller gun becuese im not very big

Adrian

Post by Adrian » Tue Jun 06, 2006 9:23 pm

Just so's y'all know, Dick's Sporting Goods is currently stocking two models of Storm guns, including the sleek version of the Storm 500. They're usually over by sporting goods (basketballs and such, not in like the fishing department) or camping, and are hanging in plastic enclosures from hooks. My jaw just about hit the floor when I found 'em. WallyWorld, Kmart, Shopko, Target won't stock Storms, but Dick's will? Weird.

Adrian
“To achieve a World Government it is necessary to remove from their minds their individualism, their loyalty to family traditions, national patriotism and religious dogma.”…..Brock Adams, Director, United Nations Health Organisation.

Crashdummy

Post by Crashdummy » Tue Jun 13, 2006 7:07 pm

Get Storm Pistols, no pistol is better than a Storm pistol. They get mad range, pump up in a snap, and you can't break them with a sledge hammer. Some even have the dual pump in them, making them pump up even faster. The only problem is some of them are so small, they don't hold much water. To sum it up, you should get a large, dual pump, storm pistol.

1.) Storm 750: Works fine, but is a little small.

2.) Storm 800: Works fine, but is sort of rare.

3.) Storm 1200: Works fine, but is a little big.

I'm going to check a few stores, maybe I can find a 1200. :cool: There are two 750s on eBay right now, one red, one blue. They are NiB, but don't say 750.

Edited By Crashdummy on 1150244506

forestfighter7

Post by forestfighter7 » Tue Jun 13, 2006 7:57 pm

The Max-d 5000 would also be a good side-arm. It is very light and it has a nice thick stream for its size. :)

They are now selling 2-packs at my local Toys r us.

Edited By forestfighter7 on 1150246736
If you would like to join the Superior Water Attack Team please pm me.
The soaker chooses the user, Harry Potter...