Least Favorite Soaker?

Discussions of all varieties of stock water guns and water blasters.
SEAL
WWN League Team: Catskill Mountain SEALs

Least Favorite Soaker?

Post by SEAL » Fri Nov 11, 2011 3:32 pm

There's probably a thread like this somewhere, but I couldn't find one.

I'm sure most of us have posted in the "Favorite Soaker" threads, but here we'll discuss which blasters we absolutley HATE to use for various reasons (Mainly so we can have a good laugh.).

To get us started, my least favorite would probably be the MD Secret Strike. It's terribly weak, and has a useless gimmick, but the main reason I hate it is because it gave me a blister on my thumb that stayed there for months. The grip is horrible.

I never liked using piston blasters much either (Exceptions being insanely powerful ones like the Stream Machines, as well as elastic hybrids for some reason.), the Vaporizer for example; I find it really boring and tedious to use, while not getting a whole lot out of it.

Oh, and my APH is a real pain-in-the-butt to use, but it's so powerful, it makes up for it.
~Hotel Oscar Golf~

We probably won't be back, but the legacy lives on.

marauder
WWN League Team: Havoc

Re: Least Favorite Soaker?

Post by marauder » Fri Nov 11, 2011 4:09 pm

XP Backfire. My neighbor actually bought one of these back in the day. Fortunately, he was on the other team.
https://hydrowar.wordpress.com/
SEAL wrote:If you ain't bloody and muddy by the end of the day, you went to a Nerf war.

DX

Post by DX » Fri Nov 11, 2011 5:15 pm

I found an XP Backfire at a pool party once. When everything else is a squirt pistol or a pool noodle being used as a blowgun, the thing is actually pretty good, haha. I used it backwards because the back nozzle was noticeably better than the front rotfl. That says it all.

But, I think I will agree with Seal and say that my SSC style standard APH is the most quirky thing I've used. The thing had leaks, was top heavy, took like 50+ pumps, had a non-torque arm modded PVC ball valve, and I never made a good backpack for it, so had a vinyl tube coming out the back with a weight so it could be used from a pool/stream/bucket. It was wicked powerful when I actually got a full shot ready, though. A good man could get 1 aimed shot about every...5 minutes...
marauder wrote:You have to explain things in terms that kids will understand, like videogames^ That's how I got Sam to stop using piston pumpers

mr. dude

Post by mr. dude » Sun Nov 13, 2011 8:28 pm

I ended up being scared of my APH because I wasn't sure how secure the PCs were. There was a reasonably big leak there, so I stopped using it. 80 pumps and all were too good a workout for me to complain.

I never liked the Shield Blasters, I guess they get my vote. Other than them though, I never really had a problem with any soakers. Even my EES gave me some good times (it was a lot of fun to dissect anyway). The WW Hydrapack is a really inconvenient thing to use, the pump looks ready to break at any second, but it does have its quirks.

That's all I've got.

cantab

Post by cantab » Sun Nov 13, 2011 11:14 pm

The ones that are broken :-P

Besides that...I guess of the ones I have it would be the Lanard Waterbolt. Lame power, then the pump fell out. I prefer the awful-quality pound shop blaster to that, at least the cheap blaster can be excused its rubbishness.

the oncoming storm

Post by the oncoming storm » Mon Nov 14, 2011 3:13 pm

I personally think that the helix is one of the worst because it was weak prone (at least to me) to break its rotating noslils always got stuck. It was at best a vary indifferent blaster
If you ever bother reading these, I worry for your mental sanity. :oo:

Jeffman3

Post by Jeffman3 » Tue Jan 03, 2012 3:05 pm

Surprised nobody came in screaming about the Arctic Shock... Sure it had a small reservoir and a tiny PC, but it *was* fun to use. I liked the balance, anyway.

I used a large pump on my APH and water-safe epoxy to seal the chambers, so it's fun and easy to use...

My least favorite is probably... Hmm. I don't know that I really have a least-favorite Super Soaker, because I've never bought one I truly didn't like.

HBWW

Post by HBWW » Wed Jan 04, 2012 2:51 pm

^ I've dealt with issues with a number of tiny-PC, horribly designed air pressure blasters that Hasbro has this weird habit of making. In one war I had, some teammates who don't know how to pre-pressurize could not register a single hit on any opponents due to the insanely terrible range they have when not fully pressurized. The AS gets piss range in many situations if it isn't pre-pressurized for lower dropoff.
HydroBrawl Water Warfare

Discord: m0useCat

marauder

Post by marauder » Fri Jan 06, 2012 8:21 am

XP 150 + pre pressurized is a great gun for backyard brawls. Oh, I think I just got a name for my 150 now, Brawler.

As for the Arctic Shock, it was very annoying, and a bit of a pain to use, but after I realized its limitations I realized that it was still mediocre... and then it broke.
cantab wrote:The ones that are broken :-P

Besides that...I guess of the ones I have it would be the Lanard Waterbolt. Lame power, then the pump fell out. I prefer the awful-quality pound shop blaster to that, at least the cheap blaster can be excused its rubbishness.
/threadwon
SEAL wrote:If you ain't bloody and muddy by the end of the day, you went to a Nerf war.

GJIV

Post by GJIV » Sun Jan 08, 2012 5:39 pm

There are not much Soakers left I did not test myself.

As I do modify and repair broken blasters there are a view guns, I really had to work hard to get them working again.

Blasters hitting this are:

CPS 2500, were the nozzle-selector-plastic stab ( the plastic head, where the nozzle selector is fixed on and where the nozzle selector rotates around) was broken off and the Pull-valve pin is leacking. This was something I nearly failed to repair... Old plastic cannot be glued well, and it will break as soon as you put force on it( first I tried to drill in a screw to fix the selector again, which led to a big crack in the plastic and water spraying out and draining myself completely...)

A big problem and very disturbing thing was my CPS 1500 which I modified to the best blaster ever. Haha, Who could think about this ? :D The main problem was that the Pull-valve Plasic casing was broken and had many cracks, all over its outer part. Also the Pull-valve-pin was leacking heavily and a check valve was partly stuck, not to forget the broken pull-valve, which lead water coming out till the pressure was high enough...
Haha, this was so much work and I nearl gave up... I replaced both check valves, modified the PR-Valve(so it can stand more pressure), I replaced the plastic pump stab with a aluminium one, I installed a new rubber on the pull valve and also a new spring. I replaced all screws, which keeps the pull-valve together...I k-modded it and as worst of all, I had to close all the small cracks... This was most difficult, the more cracks there are, the more incredible it gets to seal all up. I nearly gave up but then I just covered the whole thing with my special industrie-super glue. And yes, all is fine now. Installed 4 nozzles, and after a big deal of work I may have built the best Soaker ever! haha

Despite this I would consider the ARTIC SHOCK as the worst Soaker ever... The one I had was terrible and even its pump did not work smooth... Also I had to put pressure into the tank to get the pump suck water, the vacuum was that weak, that It would not force the water to come in, this said the pump was not seal enough for air, as soon as it sucked water, there was no problem anymore. This might be the case with the gun I had, which does not mean that each Artic SHock is that bad, but in my case I would consider this as the worst gun ever. I would prefer using a XP 210 over the Artic Shock! All said...

Bednesti

Post by Bednesti » Sun Jan 22, 2012 7:34 pm

Nerf Super Soaker Thunderstorm

Nitro123PG

Post by Nitro123PG » Sat Feb 11, 2012 10:30 am

Out of the soakers I've fired, probably the SS Rattler and Point Break.

martianshark

Post by martianshark » Sat Feb 11, 2012 1:35 pm

The micro burst is now the worst.
CA99 wrote:It's funny because you can get 5 water bottles and a pencil for much less than $90.

soakinader

Post by soakinader » Mon Jul 16, 2012 1:01 am

Arctic shock sucks. When pumped dry, the pump takes forever to seal and start sucking in water. The pump is just plain pitiful. On top of that, no gauge, no visibility whatsoever. I like the Secret Strike/Flash Flood/this piece of crap bottom reservoir design, but why did they put in such a crappy little pump? I would love an XP 150 pump in my flash flood...
My vote for worst gun is the Point Break. Couldn't be bothered to use a proper valve, instead it has Classic SS technology pinch valve. Meh. It's too small.
My friends call me Nader. My foes just run.
Photos relocated to: https://www.flickr.com/photos/151868511 ... 8741427445
I find 'em, I fix 'em.

marauder

Post by marauder » Mon Jul 16, 2012 12:52 pm

Have you used a point break? I have used a point break and an electrostorm and I honestly think the point break is better? But that's not to say it doesn't still suck...

SEAL
WWN League Team: Catskill Mountain SEALs

Post by SEAL » Mon Jul 16, 2012 12:56 pm

Mine has changed to the Nerf Electrostorm. The stream is as weak and thin as a squirt pistol's, the motor is noisy, and tap shots are almost impossible. Need I go on?
~Hotel Oscar Golf~

We probably won't be back, but the legacy lives on.

marauder

Post by marauder » Mon Jul 16, 2012 2:26 pm

There's not much of a need for tap shots when you can shoot for...well however long you an shoot for with an Electrostorm. That thing has an amazing field life for a pistol. What I find so funny about it is that it has to warm up before it reaches max power. It only shoots like 16 feet, but you have to hold down the trigger for a good second before you can even achieve that. You simply can't respond quickly with that gun. I'm sure it's the same with the Thunderstorm, and all other battery powered waterguns.

soakinader

Post by soakinader » Thu Jul 19, 2012 11:57 pm

marauder4 wrote: You simply can't respond quickly with that gun. I'm sure it's the same with the Thunderstorm, and all other battery powered waterguns.
Water Warriors Scorpion. Why couldn't Hasbro make a motorized CPS tech (or at least seperate PC) gun that looks cool like the Shot Blast, Hydro Cannon, etc, but with instant response time, power and range like the Scorpion? I will cross my fingers... now imagine that clip-fed and looking like a rifle. A master key soaker, with a riot blast and 2-3x nozzle.
Sorry, I know this is about least favorite soakers... I just dislike how the Point Break starts leaking out of the nozzle when you pump it too much. Maybe mine is defective.
My SS 50 shoots farther, and it doesn't do that.
My friends call me Nader. My foes just run.
Photos relocated to: https://www.flickr.com/photos/151868511 ... 8741427445
I find 'em, I fix 'em.

DX

Post by DX » Fri Jul 20, 2012 12:58 am

Sadly, an SS 50 could kick a lot of Nerf Super Soaker ass. An HH Dream, and not one of the larger ones at that, almost has the same stats as a Thunderstorm. It's just a dollar store style piston-trigger, too. You know a gun sucks when a piston-trigger is getting similar range and output.
marauder wrote:You have to explain things in terms that kids will understand, like videogames^ That's how I got Sam to stop using piston pumpers

marauder

Post by marauder » Fri Jul 20, 2012 2:31 am

My SS 100 used to leak out of the nozzle if I overpumped it, I think it has something to do with the way pinch valves are. I've never used a Scorpion. So, it's battery powered but responds quick?

I just hope that kids aren't getting so lazy that pumps become all but phased out.