Speed Loader 1500 - Review of an interesting gun!

Discussions of all varieties of stock water guns and water blasters.
sbell25

Speed Loader 1500 - Review of an interesting gun!

Post by sbell25 » Wed Jul 13, 2005 9:45 pm

O.K...while this may not interest many people as Speed Loaders are not very common, I thought it would be interesting to share info about this older CPS-based, non-supersoaker gun. I'm not sure about how accurate some of my info is (e.g about the company that made these) so feel free to point out any errors. Thanks! (I will try to get pics soon).

Speed Loader 1500 Review

The Speedloader 1500 is a medium sized pumpless water gun from 'Wild Water Weapons' a company that produced water guns from around 1999-2001, but eventually went out of business. Of course, as the name suggests this gun uses a QFD to fill it's pressure chamber. Like the CPS Splashzooka it has no reservoir (and of course no pump mechanism), and therefore to fill the gun you must have a QFD available. Filling this gun is easy and reasonably fast, and once filled it's nice to know that you don't have to worry about pumping.

An interesting and very useful feature on this gun is it's dual nozzles: one or two nozzles can be fired simultaneously depending on how hard the trigger is pulled. Each of the nozzles are around 2.5x, and the CPS chamber gives this gun good soaking power and range. The nozzles are angled just right so that when firing both at the same time, the streams land right beside each other. It would be neat to see this on other guns as it is a lot easier and faster than switching nozzle settings, and it looks cool too! Unfortunately, the capacity on this gun is a bit disappointing, especially considering it's size. The 850ml pressure chamber only allows an 11 second shot time on the single nozzle, and a 5 seconds on dual nozzles. You'll have to make sure that you don't venture too far from the hose, as once the PC is empty (which doesn't take long) you're left defenseless.

This gun also has an orange pressure indicator on the side of the blaster, which is helpful in letting you know when to refill, and also when to stop refilling. Another semi-useful feature is the flip up 'crosshair' which can be used to help aiming. Once you learn to get it lined up right, you can hit targets quite accurately with it.

All in all, this is a good water gun. While the relatively small capacity and QFD dependancy may be a problem for some, I like the dual nozzles, CPS pressure chamber and general feel of this gun. Unfortunately this gun is rare, but if you see one, I would recommend buying it.

isoaker

Post by isoaker » Thu Jul 14, 2005 8:09 am

Thanks for the review! I'd be happy to post it on iSoaker.com with your permission, preferably with pics.

:cool:
:: Leave NO one dry! :: iSoaker.com .:

sbell25

Post by sbell25 » Fri Jul 22, 2005 1:58 am

Okay, I finally managed to get some pictures of the gun. If anyone wants any different shots, feel free to ask.

The gun and QFD.

Internals: I really like the simple layout. This gun was also really easy to open, just undo the screws and it comes apart. No hassling with nozzle/pump caps or anything like that. Also, the internals seem quite sturdy and I don't think I will be having any problems with breakages for quite a while.

Shooting with both nozzles.

Overall, a nice gun, it's a shame that the company went out of business as they seemed to be making strong, reliable blasters with very interesting and useful features.

Wild Boys

Post by Wild Boys » Fri Jul 22, 2005 8:32 am

Wow! I wish I had one of those Speed Loaders. Great how they use CPS tech. A lot of them seem to be good. Darn, If only I could find one.

Soakologist

Post by Soakologist » Fri Jul 22, 2005 11:35 am

BTW, it's interesting to note that the O-Ring is on the QFD, not on the gun. This is just plain smarter than putting it on the gun because it's not as likely to lose it. I've found that standard SC guns can be filled with the SL QFD, so you could have a fight with just SC and SLs and not have to worry about switching adaptors. However, the standard Super Soaker QFD will not work (well) with a Speed Loader because neither the gun nor the QFD has an O-ring! So it may fill, but you'll be soaked by the time it is. :wacko:

Edited By Soakologist on 1122050240

NiborDude

Post by NiborDude » Fri Jul 22, 2005 3:22 pm

Interesting gun. I don't see the point of the double nozzle, but pretty good range and output. Too bad its QFD only.
Soaker Media
-[color=E9E9E9]Blinding ignorance does mislead us. O! Wretched mortals, open your eyes! -Leonardo Da Vinci[/color]-

sbell25

Post by sbell25 » Fri Jul 22, 2005 4:18 pm

@Nibordude: The dual nozzles are useful because you can switch between a 2.5x blast or a 5x blast just by pulling the trigger harder...both streams are likely to hit the same target.
@Soakologist: It is quite useful having the o-ring in the QFD, and you can also fill other things with it too...my CPS 2700's rubber bladder, for instance. It fits quite well, and once its filled pulling it out of the QFD it releases the most powerful blast I have ever seen...but only for about half a second. :D

This gun would also be great for dual-wielding, as they are quite light and easy to carry in one hand, and having two of them would give you up to 10x soakage. Hopefully I can find another one!