BBT soaker discusson thread (2006)

Discussions of all varieties of stock water guns and water blasters.
m15399

Post by m15399 » Tue Jan 31, 2006 6:07 pm

It is likely the Buzz Bee Toys does have an ideal nozzle orifice calculation as Duxburian and I have done for a while (though if they do not, please use it!).

I used that for my piston homemade. Havn't been able to drill the nozzle, though....

It uses batteries, but does not need them to work.
It is a battery operated/diaphram system.

I am inclined to disagree with you, soakerman.

SSCBen

Post by SSCBen » Tue Jan 31, 2006 6:44 pm

You say you want to use it on your homemades, so I assume to get it you will need to modify a endcap.

No. Endcaps actually make theoretically poor nozzles. I would have to modify something designed to be a nozzle, such as the fire hose or straight stream nozzles I have ordered from McMaster-Carr. These nozzles are tapered, allowing for much less turbulent flow. Take a look at the picture of the nozzle in the patent and you will see what I mean.

Edited By Doom on 1138751098

Hannibal

Post by Hannibal » Tue Jan 31, 2006 6:57 pm

Doom wrote:
You say you want to use it on your homemades, so I assume to get it you will need to modify a endcap.

No. Endcaps actually make theoretically poor nozzles. I would have to modify something designed to be a nozzle, such as the fire hose or straight stream nozzles I have ordered from McMaster-Carr. These nozzles are tapered, allowing for much less turbulent flow. Take a look at the picture of the nozzle in the patent and you will see what I mean.
Yeah, those nozzles look much better in design. You say that is the design BB will be adopting in the 2007 guns?
EV Nova - Space action/RPG, for Windows and Mac!
http://www.ambrosiasw.com/games/evn/

"Look! a CPS 2000 10th anniversary edition! I'll buy two, one to keep, and one to use!"
*Takes them home, opens one, fills it, and pumps it up.*

"snap!"

"Oops, I guess it had a Max-D trigger."

ZOCCOZ

Post by ZOCCOZ » Wed Feb 01, 2006 2:30 am

I probably will get that shotgun model. Not a comon concept in watergun history, so definatly something for my collection. 25 feet of distance is acceptable since afterall, its a shotgun concept as in CloseQuarter Combat(water shots from 3 feet distances at point blank were always sadisticaly fun to me in the past).
Altough I do hope it will have some bang for its buck.

SSCBen

Post by SSCBen » Wed Feb 01, 2006 6:06 am

Yeah, those nozzles look much better in design. You say that is the design BB will be adopting in the 2007 guns?

That is the design I emailed them about. Likely, they will modify the design as they see fit, but that is the basic design I emailed them about. They might remove or add a few features after testing. I believe that some of these design features will only work at very high pressures and they need to find out which ones by testing.

Hannibal

Post by Hannibal » Wed Feb 01, 2006 11:55 am

Well, if anyone gets any input at all on the BB 2006/2007 line, post immediately! I am very interested in the BB guns now. :blazer:

:soakw2000:

"Look! a CPS 2000 10th anniversary edition! I'll buy two, one to keep, and one to use!"

"snap!"

cooldood31

Post by cooldood31 » Wed Feb 22, 2006 7:19 am

I spotted a pack of white/pastel coloured fireflies(yellowjackets) in the back of the toy section at my local walmart. Idon't know if this has been mentioned before, but anyways...

It's kind of like seeing those little white flowers sticking out of the snow is a garden. It let's you know that spring is almost here.

scorpion

Post by scorpion » Wed Feb 22, 2006 12:15 pm

Well, if anyone gets any input at all on the BB 2006/2007 line, post immediately! I am very interested in the BB guns now.

I just got word from BBT via e-mail and he said...

Our website is being updated to include these pictures but I'm not sure when that will be completed. Please recheck in a week or two & I'll let you know when I find out.
AXE BOMB!!!

isoaker

Post by isoaker » Wed Feb 22, 2006 3:43 pm

scorpion wrote:I just got word from BBT
hehe... me, too! I just finally heard back from Big Bee (I emailed him last week). Seems like they've been quite busy, but all sounds good. Hopefully he'll drop by later perhaps to give us an update of things going on. As well, the 2006 Buzz Bee Toys website will likely be coming soon so...

Just have to wait, I suppose. :goofy:

:cool:
:: Leave NO one dry! :: iSoaker.com .:

Hannibal

Post by Hannibal » Wed Feb 22, 2006 3:45 pm

isoaker_com wrote:
scorpion wrote:I just got word from BBT

hehe... me, too! I just finally heard back from Big Bee (I emailed him last week). Seems like they've been quite busy, but all sounds good. Hopefully he'll drop by later perhaps to give us an update of things going on. As well, the 2006 Buzz Bee Toys website will likely be coming soon so...

Wahoo! Great find. I'm looking forward to the new site. The pics on it should be useful.

"snap!"

LIGHT ANNIHILATOR

Post by LIGHT ANNIHILATOR » Wed Feb 22, 2006 5:04 pm

isoaker_com wrote:Hopefully he'll drop by later perhaps to give us an update of things going on. As well, the 2006 Buzz Bee Toys website will likely be coming soon so...

I look forward to it. :soakon2:
E3:2006: Tune to G4 for live E3 coverage in May for info on the hottest new consoles and games.