Hands On: Oozinator - ^

Discussions of all varieties of stock water guns and water blasters.
isoaker

Hands On: Oozinator - ^

Post by isoaker » Wed Feb 15, 2006 5:17 pm

Well, not much to say yet. Just finished taking it out of the box (which does take some time, actually) and played around a little with it empty.

The Oozinator does NOT have a separate pressure chamber. I suppose that is why it has a normal fill cap as opposed to one of the Max Infusion or Fast-Fill caps. The Bio-Ooze part requires the canister that holds the Ooze to be used. I can imagine that once the Ooze is used up, the canister can be rinsed and filled with water, instead. However, the bottom assembly cannot be filled on its own; it'd leak if one tried. Pumping the lower pump, air can be felt being pushed out of the nozzle.

That's it for now. I'm going to go take some pics and do some limited testing (even more limited than I thought at first). Currently, I won't be able to do any measurements on the 2nd nozzle since I'm not ready to open up the Ooze canister.

:cool:
:: Leave NO one dry! :: iSoaker.com .:

Wild Boys

Post by Wild Boys » Wed Feb 15, 2006 5:24 pm

Interesting, a bit disappointed about how its PR, but you can't have everything I guess. I still like how you can shoot both nozzles at the same time and you can just replace the ooze can with water when its used up the ooze. I'm looking forward to more information. I'm starting to think that the performance on the main water nozzle might be along the lines of the Liquidator . That's my guess.

:)

Edited By Wild Boys on 1140042354

Hannibal

Post by Hannibal » Wed Feb 15, 2006 6:12 pm

Ooooooze! Yeah! :p

Is the canister pressurized itself or do you have to pump it? Can you buy a new canister?

EDIT: 175th Post!

Edited By Hannibal on 1140045159
EV Nova - Space action/RPG, for Windows and Mac!
http://www.ambrosiasw.com/games/evn/

"Look! a CPS 2000 10th anniversary edition! I'll buy two, one to keep, and one to use!"
*Takes them home, opens one, fills it, and pumps it up.*

"snap!"

"Oops, I guess it had a Max-D trigger."

isoaker

Post by isoaker » Wed Feb 15, 2006 6:41 pm

Canister is not pressurized. Needs to be pumped. Piston-based; not pressurized. Refill packages sold separately.

Hannibal

Post by Hannibal » Wed Feb 15, 2006 6:47 pm

isoaker_com wrote:Canister is not pressurized. Needs to be pumped. Piston-based; not pressurized. Refill packages sold separately.

So you're pumping the stuff THROUGH the gun? Wouldn't it get clogged? I wonder what its texture is, thick or thin. And I've seen no mention anywhere of refil packages. Wonder where you can get them?

"Look! a CPS 2000 10th anniversary edition! I'll buy two, one to keep, and one to use!"

"snap!"

isoaker

Post by isoaker » Wed Feb 15, 2006 6:51 pm

You haven't seen the refill package? It's bottom-center of the picture I took of the 2006 Super Soakers posted in the "Hands-On 2006 Super Soakers" thread.

Granted, I'll have clearer pictures posted in due time.

cooldood31

Post by cooldood31 » Wed Feb 15, 2006 6:53 pm

There is almost nothing in a piston based soaker to clog, and if something does, it's easy to fix. Simplicity makes pistons the most reliable backup weapons ever. If you think about it, this soaker is it's own backup weapon.

Hannibal

Post by Hannibal » Wed Feb 15, 2006 6:58 pm

Whoops, iSoaker I didn't see that. :p

This soaker is its own backup, and I dare say not a great one, but I can't verify that until the review. :D

"snap!"

isoaker

Post by isoaker » Wed Feb 15, 2006 7:05 pm

Just did some test shots, but feel I'm too tired to measure things properly, so that'll have to wait 'til tomorrow. Stream reminds me of the Liquidator. Nozzle intake is positioned near the back of the reservoir meaning that one really needs to tilt the blaster upwards to make the most of the reservoir contents. Otherwise, level shots end up giving out mist shots while a good amount of water actually remains within.

I'm trying to think if there's a way for me to test the 2nd nozzle without either having to open the 'Ooze' container or submerging the lower half underwater (not a good idea due to the placement of some internal screws that may rust if exposed to lots of water).

Sidenote: the Oozinator's lower pump appears to actually be a double-pump, each half drawing Ooze (or water) from the exchangeable canister halves. Pumping combines the two pumps, pushing out both pump volumes out of the same nozzle. Why they opted for dual pumps as opposed to a single pump is not clear.

Wild Boys

Post by Wild Boys » Thu Feb 16, 2006 6:12 am

isoaker_com wrote:Stream reminds me of the Liquidator.
Looks like my guess was right!

I might just be tempted to buy one of these, and what's weird, is that my mum and dad seem to want me to get it, as they thought it would be quite funny from their point of view. I wonder if they are out my local Toys'R'Us, I doubt it, but its been a while since I've been, and its about this time we see some new blasters come out in stores. I hope so, although I'm not building my hopes up.

In terms of price, on Amazon its $25, so I should expect it to be around $20-25 in the US. If you in the US thought that that's a lot then they will be double that in the UK. I'm expecting it to be £20-25 over in the UK, which is like $50-60 in the US. UK prices suck, but I can't do anything about it, and if the gun is good I don't care how much it is.

:)

isoaker

Post by isoaker » Thu Feb 16, 2006 4:24 pm

Any request for what angle images you guys would like to see uploaded soon or would people just prefer to wait for the review to be written and completed first?

Soaker Master

Post by Soaker Master » Thu Feb 16, 2006 4:46 pm

I would like the review to be written and completed first. But,thats just what I want I do not know what the other members want to happen. :)

Edited By Soaker Master on 1140126466

Wild Boys

Post by Wild Boys » Thu Feb 16, 2006 5:03 pm

I would like to see some images soon to keep me occupied until the full review comes please. Anyway, its not my choice, just what I would like.

Edited By Wild Boys on 1140127492

isoaker

Post by isoaker » Thu Feb 16, 2006 6:25 pm

Three pics posted:
Pic2
Pic3

Intake for the Ooze:
Pic16

Enjoy for now until the review is complete (no exact date for upload, yet, though review will feel incomplete until the Bio-Ooze is actually tested later when the weather is warmer).

Sidenote: for those who think about trying, no other pictures have been uploaded, thus changing the number right now won't pull up anything. :goofy:

isoaker

Post by isoaker » Thu Feb 16, 2006 7:46 pm

And now for a couple of stats:
Output was measured to be ~46mL/sec (~1.5 oz./sec)
Main reservoir holds 900mL (30 oz) full (that means it should be filled to ~700mL for best performance)
Won't be able to confirm Ooze nozzle or capacity until I open that thing a little later (I couldn't even do approximate range testing right now since there is a lot of freezing rain in my area).

isoaker

Post by isoaker » Sat Feb 18, 2006 4:37 pm

After some thought on this, I plan to upload the rest of the images, Blaster Inspector, and an incomplete review hopefully by tomorrow. Fact is, without testing the 'Bio-Ooze' component of the blaster, any review on the Oozinator would really only be testing less than half of the soaker's capabilities (I say 'less than half' since, in theory, one could be firing the main, the bio-ooze, both, or alternating nozzle firing patterns. Depending on how well the 2nd nozzle works, it can really affect the rating this blaster receives).

Soak on!

isoaker

Post by isoaker » Sun Feb 19, 2006 7:24 pm

Oozinator partial-review posted.

Enjoy!

Hannibal

Post by Hannibal » Sun Feb 19, 2006 7:40 pm

Hmmm..., I see the Oozinator an attempt by Hasbro to get a revenue stream by having reuseable cartridges. Not a bad idea on the part of Hasbro.

Anyway, nice review (for the part that is there since it isn't yet completed). :goofy:

"snap!"

LIGHT ANNIHILATOR

Post by LIGHT ANNIHILATOR » Sun Feb 19, 2006 7:46 pm

Nice review (atleast so far) I never knew it looked that strange. :cool:
E3:2006: Tune to G4 for live E3 coverage in May for info on the hottest new consoles and games.

Dr. D

Post by Dr. D » Sun Feb 19, 2006 9:07 pm

My local Toys R Us just got a shipment of the new Oozinators and the orange flash floods. Is the ooze stuff that comes with it biodegradeable? Any idea of what its made of? ???

Edited By Dr. D on 1140401598
n00b friend: "Nice SP 270!"
Me: "Uhh, it's
XP."
n00b friend: "Oh yeah! Nice SP 270 XP!"

Current Official USF Armory: Monster X, CPS 4100, CPS 2500 (shotgun), CPS 2100 (x3), CPS 1500, CPS 1200 (x3), CPS 1000, MI Flash Flood (x3) STE Flash Flood (x2) WW Orca